Every citizen of the USA should have equal ability to protect their family/property

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
If Obama and Reid and all the clowns in Congress and Government get to protect themselves, their property, their families, and stand their ground, armed to the teeth, than so should you and I have that ability.

That is a good argument for most handguns and shotguns, but it doesn't address military style weapons with high capacity magazines. I am not a gun control nut, but I wonder if some reasonable middle ground exists?

That is a good argument for most handguns and shotguns, but it doesn't address military style weapons with high capacity magazines. I am not a gun control nut, but I wonder if some reasonable middle ground exists?

If people in the Government can protect themselves with high capacity magazines and automatic weapons, so should I.

Besides that, having a Government that kills innocent people (children) with bombs on the regular tell me that I am too irresponsible to have a gun is the peak of hypocrisy.

Should this be banned?

HRSB2Y08lg.jpg

If Obama and Reid and all the clowns in Congress and Government get to protect themselves, their property, their families, and stand their ground, armed to the teeth, than so should you and I have that ability.

even felons?

Yes. I think that if someone has paid their punishment in prison or restitution or whatever the agreement was that they should retain the full rights of a human being when they are released. Plus, even if I said no, if they want a weapon they will get one anyway. Laws only hamper the law abiding citizens, criminals live as if the law didn't exist already.

even felons?

Yes. I think that if someone has paid their punishment in prison or restitution or whatever the agreement was that they should retain the full rights of a human being when they are released. Plus, even if I said no, if they want a weapon they will get one anyway. Laws only hamper the law abiding citizens, criminals live as if the law didn't exist already.

Even napalm?

even felons?

Even napalm?

Smells like victory to me....

Even napalm?

Yes. Even Nukes. Listen, most people, like myself, aren't going to be using napalm on folks. Granted there are some people who will, many of which you probably voted for at one point or another, but that doesn't mean we need to keep it out of everyone's hands and only in the hands of people proven to use things like napalm and nuclear weapons. I can look up how to make either of those right now and if I had the means acquire the weapons and make them. My point is that you a) aren't stopping criminals and b) are letting proven murderers keep their arsenal and finally c) restricting all people's liberty isn't going to fix the morality problems of some

even felons?

I was just gonna ask the same thing. Gun owners go along with banning guns to some criminals but not others. Martha Stewart is a felon while most convicted drunk drivers are not. And yet which showed more disregard for human life.

Even napalm?

Yes. Even Nukes. Listen, most people, like myself, aren't going to be using napalm on folks. Granted there are some people who will, many of which you probably voted for at one point or another, but that doesn't mean we need to keep it out of everyone's hands and only in the hands of people proven to use things like napalm and nuclear weapons. I can look up how to make either of those right now and if I had the means acquire the weapons and make them. My point is that you a) aren't stopping criminals and b) are letting proven murderers keep their arsenal and finally c) restricting all people's liberty isn't going to fix the morality problems of some

You're nuts.

even felons?

I was just gonna ask the same thing. Gun owners go along with banning guns to some criminals but not others. Martha Stewart is a felon while most convicted drunk drivers are not. And yet which showed more disregard for human life.

Easy solution. Make DWI a felony.

Isn't the middle ground letting people have access to guns but not automatic ones? And if a person is carrying enough clips and is fairly decent at switching them out, how much different would it really be if we limited how much ammo those clips could carry?

You're nuts.

Care to elaborate?

You're nuts.

Care to elaborate?

You're fuckin' nuts.

AR is not military style.. it may LOOK like an M-16, but is not the same functionality.. and a magazine does not make it function like one either

Care to elaborate?

You're fuckin' nuts.

If wanting the same liberties as those citizens in power is fuckin' nuts I'll take it.

Okay, I'm sorry. I was being flippant. I really do understand your point, but it just isn't a simple matter. When you have large populations living in concentrated areas (i.e., the United States), it is simply wrong to not restrict the ownership of, say, sarin gas. You know that's true.

Gun control is a matter of determining what should be regulated. Personally, I think the better method would be to severely cut the military and police budgets and decriminalize many non-victim crimes.

You're fuckin' nuts.

If wanting the same liberties as those citizens in power is fuckin' nuts I'll take it.

Okay, I'm sorry. I was being flippant. I really do understand your point, but it just isn't a simple matter. When you have large populations living in concentrated areas (i.e., the United States), it is simply wrong to not restrict the ownership of, say, sarin gas. You know that's true.

Gun control is a matter of determining what should be regulated. Personally, I think the better method would be to severely cut the military and police budgets and decriminalize many non-victim crimes.

Well I disagree but I openly admit to being an extremist. I don't think we should develop our society and laws and structures based on the worst specimens of the world. We punish people who misbehave and restrict the liberty of others but we don't preemptively take away freedom from people IMO. Besides, I feel like at least I stand a chance defending myself against a common thug, when the Government does something I think is unjust, I'd get locked in a cage if I tried to combat it.

Forum List

Back