Every 5 hours, another child dies from abuse in US, tied with Mexico

Rdean needs some form of deprogramming, he's like a Batman archenemy that has some horrible childhood incident on par with being locked in the penguin cage at the zoo.

Dean, were you locked in a room for weeks with a taped replay of some Republican convention?

Cry a river dude. It's the parents responsibility, not governments, not mine, not yours. ALWAYS wanting to place blame yet never taking responsibility nor accountability. That's why they live in squalor.

^^ compassionate conservatism

I have no faith in government. I have faith in my fellow man helping each other.

Our government is made up of "fellow Americans". Some see corporations as people. These are the people we need to vote out of office.

The Republican Party of "let him die" who applauds executions are not the people I want helping me. They might help me over a cliff just to have something to dance about.

17 October 2011 Last updated at 01:12 ET Help
Every five hours a child dies from abuse or neglect in the US. The latest government figures show an estimated 1,770 children were killed as a result of maltreatment in 2009.

Even when populations are taken into account, Unicef research places the US equal bottom with Mexico on child deaths from maltreatment.

BBC News - America's child death shame

world_abuse_gra_304x360.gif

In Texas, one of the states with the worst child abuse records, the Dallas Children’s Medical Center is dealing with a rising number of abused children and increasing levels of violence. Meanwhile, the Houston Center is expanding its services to deal with the rising problem of child sex abuse.

Emma’s story
Emma Thompsonz was just four years old when she was beaten to death in 2009. Her injuries included broken ribs, a bloodied lip, widespread bruising and a fractured skull. She had also been raped.

---------------------------------------------

The rate of teen pregnancy and STDs is higher than any industrialized nation. What are they doing different. Besides a thoughtful approach to planned parenthood and contraception?

Ever notice that when Republican policies become the law of the land everything turns to shit? At least they are consistent. With them, you know what you are getting.

you had a good topic Dean.....until your last paragraph.....as usual,those nasty Republicans are the cause.........check out the Liberal State called California Dean.......

in just 2 Counties....
•In 2009, there were 157,960 reported cases of child abuse and neglect in Los Angeles County and 37,016 reported cases in Orange County. This is based on calendar year data from the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services and the Orange County Social Services Agency.
California was also number 2 on the list of child deaths from abuse.....

Ever notice that when Democratic Social policies become the law of the land everything turns to shit? .....

Last edited:
Every 5 hours, another child dies from abuse in US, tied with Mexico

Are you aware of the fact that the federal government incinerated ALIVE - ON PRIME FUCKING TV TIME- 22 children in Waco, TX circa 1993.

Are you aware of the fact that the federal government sent little - 5 y/o - Elian Gonzalez to a slave state;

Are you aware of the fact that the federal government slaughtered over 1 million children in Iraq?

Are you aware of the fact that the federal government impoverishes children whenever it sends their parents to prison for violating "drug laws"?

Are you aware of the fact that the federal government subsidizes Israel's slaughter of children and women in Southern Lebanon whenever the IDF determines that its F16's pilots need target practice?

Just so you know....

1. Yea it was awful

2. That case I believe you would have been complaining either way. The Cuban government was making an issue out of it. I see you are a Ron Paul supporter as I am, however, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. If we kept him people would be complaining why would continue to instigate and irritate other nations and so on and so forth. It's a pretty predictable argument. I also think its funny many people would like to adjust citizenship for children of illegals but then they get all soft hearted on Elian Gonzalez and wanted him to stay. Additionally it was his fathers wishes. He did not want him in America and away from his whole life and ultimately made the decision. So not sure what your point is.

3.Not true... just not true at all

4. I'm not sure what you're point is. If both the parents are arrested they are placed in a relatives home or a foster home. While those are not perfect solutions these are unfortunate situations that the world does not have the ability to solve in a desirable way. Additionally, I'd be willing to be they are already struggling or living in poverty as children of parents with drugs problems or a very rare oddity and pretty which. Either way you are wrong again. Finally, I don't know how you can make the argument that the government creates the problem for the children when the parents are addicted to coke, crack, heroin, meth whatever drugs that would result in a prison sentence. Now if they are the kids of drug dealers, they are still living in poverty or they are the children of people who must be arrested for the public good. Many crimes are committed in tandem with drug dealing, especially those who make good money.

5. lol wow, yes the f16s just need target practice. I'm glad Lebanon has mortars in the south, it makes for realistic practice against terrorists. Incredibly realistic simulation.

Forum List

Back