CDZ Ever wonder why Obama calls them Isil instead of Isis?

I've never listened to that idiotic sumbitch long enough to determine what he calls ISIS. When that face turns up on my TV screen, I either hit the mute button or change the channel.

Actually, it's the right term to use, and ISIS is the wrong one. ISIS stands for "Islamic State (in) Iraq (and) Syria"- whilst they themselves are called "Aldawla Al-Islamia fi Al-Iraq wa-AlShaam", Shaam stands for the Levant. term "Isis" is a misunderstood and not correctly translated-term.

I believe the term Levant (the L in isiL) includes the geographical area of Israel. ISIS doesn't operate in Israel, so they are not ISIL.

Furthermore, they call themselves ISIL, so why are we giving these murderous bastards the generosity of calling them what they want to be called?

I believe the term Levant (the L in isiL) includes the geographical area of Israel. ISIS doesn't operate in Israel, so they are not ISIL.

Furthermore, they call themselves ISIL, so why are we giving these murderous bastards the generosity of calling them what they want to be called?

"WE" aren't. Obama is.

Its what they are. It is interesting that we are willing to rail on Obama because he refuses to call Islamic Terrorism what it actually is but then right here we do not want to give them the 'satisfaction' of calling them by what their stated goal is.

This is a silly semantics argument anyway - I could give 2 shits what Obama wants to call them.

Forum List

Back