Ever wonder where the boisterous, rough, stubborn, and dominant people went?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Jesus said the meek shall inherit the Earth. But before that can happen, all the not-meek people have to disappear. So where do they all go? Do the Christians kill them all? :)

meek/mēk/
adjective

1. quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive.

If one ascribes to the view of current scholarship that Jesus was an apocalyptic preacher, the boisterous, rough, stubborn, and dominant non-believers would either be destroyed or subjugated. The apocalyptic world view of the ancient Jews was that they were living in the "present age" where the world was being controlled by evil. The coming of the "future age" would establish God's good kingdom on Earth. In this kingdom the believers in God would rule and be free to live in harmony with God and God's laws. Whether the wicked are subjugated or destroyed outright depends on who you ask. According to John of Patmos, author of Revelation, they mostly get destroyed but not every apocalypticist shared that view. Off the top of my head, the undisputed epistles of Paul don't specifically say, for example, but he does indicate that there would be some form of punishment. Whether it is death or suffering, according to Paul, is not totally clear. But it is 5:00 AM and I just woke up so there might be some verses in those letters that clarify Paul's position that I can't recall at the moment.

The meek are weathered, are psychologically outfitted to deal with bouts of hunger and have built up natural resistances to diseases. They retain primitive skills like the ability to grow their own food and/or hunt.

Imagine a global EMP event where power grids and devices crash. A good portion of 1st worlders would lose their minds because their phones and coffee makers don't work. They're conditioned to answering questions and solving problems by Googling the answer. They're left helpless to either go insane or die from an inability to provide for themselves.

On the other hand, some homesteader in the frontiers of Alaska might not even notice an EMP event. He inherits the Earth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back