Ever wonder what if Obamacare is overturned?

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
What happens if Obamacare is overturned?

Ever wonder why our economy is in such turmoil?

If Obamacare were to be overturned, wouldnt it just add to more chaotic circumstances?

The reason we cant seem to grow our economy is because we are so unpredictable here in America as of lately.... everything is so uncertain. Dont let anyone fool you... there is lots and lots of money out there to be invested, but we will have the highest corporate income tax in the world next week :omg:
Who in their right mind wants to move their company here... why would anyone want to start a new business?? Better yet, why put it here??
I mean Hell, we have no idea when the madness of Cass Sunstein will ever end... he has instituted around 10,000 new regulations that will affect all of us in one way or another (who needs 'cap and trade' right?)
Trying to do business here in America is just plain crazy....

Now what if they take Obamacare off the table, is it going to make an insane situation even that much more insane....! How do I as a business owner plan for my employee's healthcare needs for the next year??
Then there is the election coming up!!! How are you going to know what to do till Obama either gets back in or does'nt get back in.... ? Whats going to happen with healthcare? Will it be repealed??

What are health insurance companies going to do??
They have been planning for this new BS HC bill... what now???

Our economy is getting sea-sick from being turned on its head so much.

Wow 'Hope and Change' has been good has'nt it?? :doubt:

Just food for thought

Last edited:

If Obamacare were to be overturned, wouldnt it just add to more chaotic circumstances?

The reason we cant seem to grow our economy is because we are so unpredictable here in America as of lately.... everything is so uncertain. Dont let anyone fool you... there is lots and lots of money out there to be invested, but we will have the highest corporate income tax in the world next week :omg:
Who in their right mind wants to move their company here... why would anyone want to start a new business?? Better yet, why put it here??
I mean Hell, we have no idea when the madness of Cass Sunstein will ever end... he has instituted around 10,000 new regulations that will affect all of us in one way or another (who needs 'cap and trade' right?)

Now what if they take Obamacare off the table, is it going to make an insane situation even that much more insane....! How do I as a business owner plan for my employee's healthcare needs for the next year??
Then there is the election coming up!!! How are you going to know what to do till Obama either gets back in or does'nt get back in.... ? Whats going to happen with healthcare? Will it be repealed??

Just food for thought

Honestly, most of it is all a bunch of crap. Businesses aren't growing because there isn't enough demand, that is the bottom line. Every administration puts new and different regulations into place that affect business. Bush put in many more than Obama has. This isn't something new. Business deals with it. Healthcare is pretty much the same. Whatever happens, they'll figure it out. The bottom line is that costs continue to rise and they will rise even more if Obamacare is overturned. Just wait and you will see. If the SCOTUS overturns the entire thing or even if they just overturn the mandate, I guarantee it will lead to even bigger rate increases. The insurance companies will then tell us it's due to the fact that they are losing 30 million potential customers whom they had counted on as having as clients.

Doesn't look good for Obamacare. Looks like the individual mandate - you know, that provision that was earlier heartily endorsed by Romney, Gingrich and other Republicans - will sink it. If the bill were called McCainCare and had the individual mandate, the right would be all for it.

I think the whole bill is a big freakin' mess, but I also know that the Republicans tend to stammer a bit when pressed on what we're going to do instead. Pretty sure they'll toss the term "freedoms" out there, which gets me thinking about my OWN freedoms.

My "freedoms" are being attacked when I take my daughter in severe pain to the emergency room, only to find it jammed with people who can't afford health insurance and know the hospital has to treat them anyway.

My "freedoms" are being attacked when I have to pay more for my family's health insurance than I should because the health plan is spending so much money on after-the-fact treatment rather than prevention. As sloppy as Obamacare is, at least it embraces/embraced Value Based Insurance Design, which actually puts some - wait for it - thought into the medical delivery process.

My "freedoms" are being attacked every time I buy something from a company that has to take on the costs of providing health insurance for their employees and I have to pay for it with increased prices.

And my "freedoms" would definitely be under attack if we, as I keep reading here, get government completely out of the health care system, dumping millions of low-income Americans and senior Americans into an already damaged health care system with no means to pay for their care.

But I guess your freedoms are more important than mine, at least if you're a hardcore Republican. You folks are so busy screaming "freedom" that you aren't taking a moment to look at the big picture, how you're paying for your "freedom" by giving up other "freedoms". But why bother? Rush doesn't want you to. Keep it simple, huh?

Thank goodness deep thinkers like this will get their way:

Tea-Party-Medicare-sign.jpg

keep-government-out-of-medicaid1.jpg

Screen-shot-2010-07-19-at-11.15.27-AM.png

It becomes a freedom issue when we start leaving accident victims on the side of the road, if they don't have insurance. That's the choice our society has made. Until then, it's a fairness issue and will be upheld, IMO. Knock it down and what's the justification for SS, also a federally-mandated (nearly)universal tax?

Mac, I don't know why you don't embrace our "freedoms" to pay higher health insurance premiums so that those without insurance can get "free" medical care.

Just think of how good Rethugs without insurance feel. Knowing that if they wreck the car and are seriously injured, they get "free" medical help. Well almost free.

But you addressed the issue very well and I thank you.

You ever write a letter to the SCOTUS? They need better insight. They seem to think that a cell phone is the equivilent of health care coverage.

Mac, I don't know why you don't embrace our "freedoms" to pay higher health insurance premiums so that those without insurance can get "free" medical care.

Just think of how good Rethugs without insurance feel. Knowing that if they wreck the car and are seriously injured, they get "free" medical help. Well almost free.

You ever write a letter to the SCOTUS? They need better insight. They seem to think that a cell phone is the equivilent of health care coverage.

Evidently "freedom" is a one-way street.

Just food for thought

We did terribly when corporate taxes were higher. or did we? There wa s a study that said it was high tech and not low taxes that would help improve a state's economy.

who knows? but we do know that when corps and super wealthy people were taxed higher, America did very, very well, and our corps were the envy of the world

Its a matter of getting the right people in washington. What we have now is causing us all to struggle and it will get worse if they are re elected.
If obamacare is thrown out it would be the best thing for all of us and it wouldn't be any different then it is now. I would rather have it stays as it is then go on obamacare and be forced to buy into it and have irs in your lives. And obamacare is not free.......it will cost a mint.

It becomes a freedom issue when we start leaving accident victims on the side of the road, if they don't have insurance. That's the choice our society has made. Until then, it's a fairness issue and will be upheld, IMO. Knock it down and what's the justification for SS, also a federally-mandated (nearly)universal tax?

Who exactly is advocating we leave accident victims on the side of the road if they dont have insurance and what on earth does it have to do with the Supreme Court hearing the case on Obamacare?

Why do you seem to think someone is getting free medical care when they have to pay for it themselves rather than have a third party pay for it?

This does'nt happen and never will.... tell me how many folks are truly uninsured in America.

Medicare spending cost $560 billion in 2010 and that only covered 15% of the population. Just imagine what it will cost to cover the other 85%..!!

This must be repealed and in order to do that there needs to be a change in the Senate and the Whitehouse come November.

economy-1.jpg

Its a matter of getting the right people in washington. What we have now is causing us all to struggle and it will get worse if they are re elected.
If obamacare is thrown out it would be the best thing for all of us and it wouldn't be any different then it is now. I would rather have it stays as it is then go on obamacare and be forced to buy into it and have irs in your lives. And obamacare is not free.......it will cost a mint.

Not to mention it is unconstitutional.

Last edited:

It was used to make the point that universal healthcare is mandated because 'we might need it someday'.... well who is to say they wont mandate we have a cellie to call 911 when such an emergency does arrive.

The bill is unconstitutional plain and simple... The Constitution does not allow the gov't to require its citizens to purchase anything whatsoever - PERIOD!

Hell, how long will it take for the gov't tells us we cant be involved in dangerous activities such as bungie jumping and race car driving??

Last edited:

Doesn't look good for Obamacare. Looks like the individual mandate - you know, that provision that was earlier heartily endorsed by Romney, Gingrich and other Republicans - will sink it. If the bill were called McCainCare and had the individual mandate, the right would be all for it.

I think the whole bill is a big freakin' mess, but I also know that the Republicans tend to stammer a bit when pressed on what we're going to do instead. Pretty sure they'll toss the term "freedoms" out there, which gets me thinking about my OWN freedoms.

My "freedoms" are being attacked when I take my daughter in severe pain to the emergency room, only to find it jammed with people who can't afford health insurance and know the hospital has to treat them anyway.

My "freedoms" are being attacked when I have to pay more for my family's health insurance than I should because the health plan is spending so much money on after-the-fact treatment rather than prevention. As sloppy as Obamacare is, at least it embraces/embraced Value Based Insurance Design, which actually puts some - wait for it - thought into the medical delivery process.

My "freedoms" are being attacked every time I buy something from a company that has to take on the costs of providing health insurance for their employees and I have to pay for it with increased prices.

And my "freedoms" would definitely be under attack if we, as I keep reading here, get government completely out of the health care system, dumping millions of low-income Americans and senior Americans into an already damaged health care system with no means to pay for their care.

But I guess your freedoms are more important than mine, at least if you're a hardcore Republican. You folks are so busy screaming "freedom" that you aren't taking a moment to look at the big picture, how you're paying for your "freedom" by giving up other "freedoms". But why bother? Rush doesn't want you to. Keep it simple, huh?

Most ironic post this week.

The only thing that is certain is that the GOP will own ALL insurance company misdeeds and exploitation if the law is struck down but I do not think they are thinking any farther ahead than beating Obama and winning a short term political victory.

I don't care what happens. This ship has to be righted. The damage must be undone no matter how painful the process is. Otherwise we just continue down the rabbit hole to an unknown future.

Forum List

Back