Ever since the new server

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I am having a hard time posting on here. Every few strokes the program seizes up, particularly while messaging. Even to sign on, I have to type a few then wait to be booted out of the field then go back into the field then type a few more and wait and re-click, it's asinine.

WTH.

I am having a hard time posting on here. Every few strokes the program seizes up, particularly while messaging. Even to sign on, I have to type a few then wait to be booted out of the field then go back into the field then type a few more and wait and re-click, it's asinine.

WTH.
They plastered the pages with ads that lock up the page.

WTH.
They plastered the pages with ads that lock up the page.
Yeah I'm getting giant pop ups that cover the page. Fucking bs.

WTH.
It didn't affect my Ad Blocker. Maybe you need to reinstall it?

It's also hanging up my search engine and shutting me down.uck this.

WTH.
I'm trying to it keeps booting me and hanging up

WTH.

I think you're right. The only time I had a problem with USMB was several months ago. I had trouble posting and there were a bunch of ads including a video I couldn't get to stop playing. I presented my problem to members of this forum and they suggested I get adblock. I thought I had adblock but I didn't. I had reinstalled Firefox and didn't realize I would also have to reinstall adblock. When I did I had no more problems with USMB. I think the problem is with the ads. Nothing else explains what happened to me.

I don't think I can use adblock on this computer. I don't know what i had before. My phone is ok but I don't like to use my phone. I'm having to type out responses in word then copy and paste. Stupid.

WTH.
Maybe the socks are behind on their premium membership dues. :)

WTH.

I know it sound weird. But find the browser control to flush your cache. Then log back in.

I took off ad-blockers awhile back. And it's generally smooth enough since I disabled "autoplay" on videos. It was tricky to do -- but the static ads are not the issue. It's the 1 or 2 vids that are running automatically on page loads. If you stop the auto-play -- you don't need to have Ad-Blocker threatening you on renewals of licence.

New wrinkle is served vids that play when you "roll over" them. :talktothehand:

I'll try to find the posts where I helped folks do this before. Tell me what browser. I DID check. You're not on "slow-down" -- not at THIS time.. :badgrin:

Been great for me since the new server. Also, I use Ad Block, and see nuttin..nada..well except the board. :lol:

I post a lot, and I don't have any problems at all.

The only thing awry that I have noticed is that the search function does not work anymore. So I can't find threads with a key word anymore.

Otherwise everything seems to be fine, for me anyway.

I use an ad blocker as well. And it speeds things up and works great.

Anyone can google "ad blockers" and pick one, then download it onto your computer.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
And btw I have more than one Ad Block going.

hmm search seems to be working fine for me.

WTH.

I know it sound weird. But find the browser control to flush your cache. Then log back in.

I took off ad-blockers awhile back. And it's generally smooth enough since I disabled "autoplay" on videos. It was tricky to do -- but the static ads are not the issue. It's the 1 or 2 vids that are running automatically on page loads. If you stop the auto-play -- you don't need to have Ad-Blocker threatening you on renewals of licence.

New wrinkle is served vids that play when you "roll over" them. :talktothehand:

I'll try to find the posts where I helped folks do this before. Tell me what browser. I DID check. You're not on "slow-down" -- not at THIS time.. :badgrin:
I know I'm not.

Forum List

Back