Ever parented a newborn?

Haha...I only have one, and she's 5 in December...good grief, is that right? Doesn't seem possible....and she lives 350 miles away :(

But I'm going to be the coolest OLD granny to future grandbabies. I'm going to keep a garden just for the babies! And always have candy out!

Haha...I only have one, and she's 5 in December...good grief, is that right? Doesn't seem possible....and she lives 350 miles away :(

But I'm going to be the coolest OLD granny to future grandbabies. I'm going to keep a garden just for the babies! And always have candy out!

Oh yeah. A grandparents priviledge. Fill 'em full of sugar and hand 'em back.

Hey Boop...her are our "babies"...this was taken last month.
BTW - our daughter is 4 years older than him...wouldn't guess that by the size difference. He is over a foot taller than her.

Attachments

• $weebpapples.jpg
    $weebpapples.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
BTW - our daughter is 4 years older than him...wouldn't guess that by the size difference. He is over a foot taller than her.

Dude, you got some AWESOME genes. ;)

Here's my baby.

Attachments

• $tiarabeautiful.jpg
    $tiarabeautiful.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 47
I have had the fabulous time of having 4 babies and raising them....one daughter and three sons.
The daughter is the oldest, she just turned 34. And my sons are 33, 31 and my "baby" is 28.

I look back and think, when mine were little, I would also baby-sit for other families in the summer, sometimes I would have up to 9 children, with a husband who was sleeping during the day because he worked nights.
I have no fucking clue how I did it.....no way could I possibly do it now.
Newborn babies are cute and stuff....but when they start to crawl and walk, omg.......they are too much for me. My home isn't baby proof. I have antiques and breakables all around........my youngest grandchilden's eyes light up when they come over, whereas their parents.......start to shake and quiver ~LoL~
Bad thing now, my 13 year old granddaughter tells people....."My Mamaw likes babies, but she doesn't like little kids" ~LoL~

And my youngest, did not sleep thru the nights till he was past the 6 month stage...Ugh!

Here's my baby.

Pretty.
I don't think I have any decent pics of any of my 4.....but since I have custody of my oldest grandchild and I call her 'mine', she is 13......I have a good pic of her :)

Attachments

• $Jada in car.jpg
    $Jada in car.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 62

Here's my baby.

Pretty.
I don't think I have any decent pics of any of my 4.....but since I have custody of my oldest grandchild and I call her 'mine', she is 13......I have a good pic of her :)

Also pretty. ;) Does she look like her mom?

Five of them.

Three of those newborns are now adults. Newborns are cute and all but I much prefer adult children.

Honest and true: I remember waking up in mid-air on the way to my screaming infant. I woke up as my feet were hitting the ground.

I also remember that at seven months, she decided that 1-3 am was a perfectly fantabulous time to scoot around in her walker, being adorable. That stopped the night I burst into tears and said "I can't do this anymore, I just can't." I repeated the "I just can't" bit many times - I think she got it. That was the last night of the festivities.

I also remember when she was 2, and spike a 104.5° temp. I was fighting to stay calm, but when I put Neosporin on her cheeks, it melted. I thought "Okay, okay; what's the worst thing that can happen?" And my mind answered "Brain damage." Bleep!! Off to the tub of cold water with her.

The fever did break, and the next morning I asked my dad how high it should get before I run screaming downstairs to get him (he's in medicine). He said 105°.

Close call.

When I was an infant (2-3 months old) my parents both woke up at the exact same time in the middle of the night, ran to my room and found me blue in my crib...... Somehow they knew something was wrong with me -even in their sleep.... I would have died from SIDS...

Yeah, when my brother was 3-4 he threw a chair down a staircase (at 5AM) - unlocked the deadbolt on the on the door then wondered in the street for several blocks before a neighbor saw him, recognized him and brought him home....

Oh then some kids around that age have that short period where they just want to run around naked all the time. My youngest brother did that. You'd put cloths on him and 2 seconds later hes taking them off and running around naked....

As the oldest "kid" of my parents, an uncle and a member of a large family it's just funny to watch how kids grow and the phases they go through....

I'm no parent but I understand....

Forum List

Back