Ever have one of those days...

...where you just feel like you lost your best friend, and everything in the world is just wrong? :(

What a suckass day.

That's all.

Not only have I felt that way...I have had that really happen before. One made me feel like you do now. The other was devastating to me and took time to get over.

whoever said it earlier...sunshine...rub some sunshine all over yourself. No sunshine? Move to SoCal. I did. :eusa_angel:

I've lost two of my best friends over the years...Connie and Martha, may they rest in peace.

Complicated grief can turn into serious depression. It takes courage to endure bouts of serious emotional pain no matter what you're healing from.

Last edited:
It is definititely something to do with conditioning and personality.

I have noted that how I feel at any given moment has damned little to do with how things are really going.

Of course truly bad things happening, or good, will change my mood.

But when there is no good new or bad, my mood still changes dramtically from day to day.

I am of the opinion that people have a happiness level generally, toward which they naturally gravitate regardless of what is going on in their lives.

Abraham Lincoln once said, "People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

He was right. If you're having a bad day, put on some happy music, close your drapes, and dance to it. You'd be surprised how quickly your mood will change.

That is wonderful that that works for you, good job in finding what can break the cycle for you.

I fear this would not work for all people though.

Many have very different sources of their depresssion and or sadness. Every person is different and we all grieve differently. Depression is a tempory condition but it can last for years. The best thing is to seek help if a solution such as you recomend does not work. Never ,never stop believing its temporary and seek a way to the next day.

If your living arrangements are amenable, it's nice to have a dog for a pet, but dogs do need to be taken outside for a walk a couple of times a day. Cats can dodge that issue since they'll use a kitty litter box, where a dog won't. Both love to be petted, which is a good for our moods, more for people than for their pets.

Yeah dis, take Skittles for a walk outside in the snow! That will cheer you up!

Actually, she snuck out on the porch, so I dumped her ass in a snowbank.

I have noted that how I feel at any given moment has damned little to do with how things are really going.

Of course truly bad things happening, or good, will change my mood.

But when there is no good new or bad, my mood still changes dramtically from day to day.

I am of the opinion that people have a happiness level generally, toward which they naturally gravitate regardless of what is going on in their lives.

Abraham Lincoln once said, "People are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

He was right. If you're having a bad day, put on some happy music, close your drapes, and dance to it. You'd be surprised how quickly your mood will change.

That is wonderful that that works for you, good job in finding what can break the cycle for you.

I fear this would not work for all people though.

Many have very different sources of their depresssion and or sadness. Every person is different and we all grieve differently. Depression is a tempory condition but it can last for years. The best thing is to seek help if a solution such as you recomend does not work. Never ,never stop believing its temporary and seek a way to the next day.

Very true. And if depression continues for a long time, seek help. Anti depressants do help and I know from experience. However, happy music, happy TV, surrounding yourself with happy things will help you get over "one of those days". Laughter, really is the best medicine.

If your living arrangements are amenable, it's nice to have a dog for a pet, but dogs do need to be taken outside for a walk a couple of times a day. Cats can dodge that issue since they'll use a kitty litter box, where a dog won't. Both love to be petted, which is a good for our moods, more for people than for their pets.

Actually, she snuck out on the porch, so I dumped her ass in a snowbank.

that would've definitely cheered me up.

Yeah, Skittles!!!! Good kitty!

She'd actually hate you. I can pretty much guarantee it. :)
Not after I gave her a good home where she wasn't dumped in snowbanks.

Indoor cats do not belong outside. When they're too nosey for their own good, and run out on to the porch anyway, they see precisely what they're "missing", and decide they like being indoor cats better.

...until the next winter when there's all that funny looking white stuff out there...

LOL! Well hopefully for dis, the weather in WI is like here in IL, finally warm! It's a balmy 30F here, well actually that is at O'Hare, we're 23 here, but still balmy!

Just came in from taking the baby for a 2.5 mile walk. Who would ever think a 6" high mini-dauschand could walk so fast? Good workout though.

Oh we had a regular HEAT WAVE up here in Wisconsin yesterday Annie. It was 35 DEGREES!!! I almost broke out the tank top and cut offs... :lol:

For some reason winter isn't bumming me out like it used to. The days are already getting longer and people are talking about spring, and I can't remember once having one of those 'cabin fever' days. None the less I WILL spend next January, February and possibly March down south.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back