even women seeing that marriage is an outdated, sheepish concept

Interesting thoughts but our grandchild just hugged me and all of evolutionary biology and science and modern nonsense about marriage amounted to nothing.

Infantile love follows the principle: "I love because I am loved."
Mature love follows the principle: "I am loved because I love."
Immature love says: "I love you because I need you."
Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."

Erich Fromm

http://www.aarp.org/relationships/l...15_women_on_why_they_said_no_to_marriage.html

Last edited:
There is a reason liberals hate traditional marriage.

And there is a reason liberals end up as the bitter, aging hipsters that they are, like Bill Mahr, Michael Moore, Bill Ayers, etc. They don't have the capability to find intrinsic happiness in life, through things like grandkids, faith, providing a better future for one's kids by not setting them up for bankruptcy.

Liberals only know external happiness: Sexual pleasure, drugs, government entitlement checks, etc. Any restrictions on those external pleasures they despise. Which is why they hate marriage, independence, freedom, profits and the traditional nuclear family.

And there is a reason liberals end up as the bitter, aging hipsters that they are, like Bill Mahr, Michael Moore, Bill Ayers, etc. They don't have the capability to find intrinsic happiness in life, through things like grandkids, faith, providing a better future for one's kids by not setting them up for bankruptcy.

Liberals only know external happiness: Sexual pleasure, drugs, government entitlement checks, etc. Any restrictions on those external pleasures they despise. Which is why they hate marriage, independence, freedom, profits and the traditional nuclear family.

Strange

I have been happily married for 30 years

Strange

Also strange:

I know a conservative who is old and bitter and another one who hates marriage.

Martin,

no matter how much you despite marriage for whatever your reason. It's still the fundamental building block of society. It's still essential for civilization and to teach children how to live and survive in the world.

I _____, take you ______, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.

What exactly is "outdated and sheepish" about that? Publicly pledging to be faithful and honest to another person for the rest of your life is really an awful thing. Damn conservatives.

I _____, take you ______, to be my wedded wife. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part. And hereto I pledge you my faithfulness.

What exactly is "outdated and sheepish" about that? Publicly pledging to be faithful and honest to another person for the rest of your life is really an awful thing. Damn conservatives.

Indeed, personal commitment is a net plus all around.

I can't assume they're easy to lump together. They all have different yet sometimes similar motivations for their politics.

Some feel guilty because of a class they took in college.

Some feel guilty because of all of the evil thoughts they've had in their lives.

Some feel guilty for all of the evil they have done to others.

Some of them however are genuinely compassionate people who feel guilty for all of the blessings they've had in life.

Martin,

no matter how much you despite marriage for whatever your reason. It's still the fundamental building block of society. It's still essential for civilization and to teach children how to live and survive in the world.

They say that you shouldn't marry because 50% of marriages end in divorce

However, the other 50% give you a relationship that lasts the rest of your life

I can't assume they're easy to lump together. They all have different yet sometimes similar motivations for their politics.

Some feel guilty because of all of the evil thoughts they've had in their lives.

Some of them however are genuinely compassionate people who feel guilty for all of the blessings they've had in life.

That's an odd take on it, Mud. I don't feel "guilty" for my blessings at all. I've had to fight an up hill battle all my life to maintain, and I'm proud and grateful of and for what I've done so far. I simply empathize with those who face similar or greater challenges than I've dealt with, and believe that the system is rigged to create winners (a few) and losers (the masses that serve the few), and that a better ordered society would be more equitable. That equality would produce more productive people (for generations!), and society as a whole would benefit from their talents and efforts. As it is, we squander and suppress much of our talent for the benefit of the masters, and its a form of protectionism for certain markets, and a low wage labor platform for most others.

Martin,

They say that you shouldn't marry because 50% of marriages end in divorce

However, the other 50% give you a relationship that lasts the rest of your life

I'm skeptical of the stats, but it's been a while since i sat down and actually analyzed them.

But some g ive you relationships that last longer.

That's an odd take on it, Mud. I don't feel "guilty" for my blessings at all. I've had to fight an up hill battle all my life to maintain, and I'm proud and grateful of and for what I've done so far. I simply empathize with those who face similar or greater challenges than I've dealt with, and believe that the system is rigged to create winners (a few) and losers (the masses that serve the few), and that a better ordered society would be more equitable. That equality would produce more productive people (for generations!), and society as a whole would benefit from their talents and efforts. As it is, we squander and suppress much of our talent for the benefit of the masters, and its a form of protectionism for certain markets, and a low wage labor platform for most others.

My explanation was a simplification of what I really feel. I don't think liberals really want absolute equality. Their tax ideas prove this. Their negligence in enforcing immigration laws does this as well.

I have many liberal beliefs but I choose not to be one because I don't like the way Democrats tend to divide us rather then bring us together...or the way the buy votes with entitlement programs.

In a battle case by case on the issues they tend to be on a weak footing so they use class-warfare, character assassination, finger-pointing, and race-baiting to eliminate the competition rather then winning on the positive aspects of their programs. They try to prove how much worse off we would be if we didn't spend trillions of dollars that seemed to just evaporate and leave no lasting effect. Many times it doesn't matter what their programs do...it's more important to keep their good intentions in mind.

When I say "They" I mean Congressional Democrats in Washington.

Liberals in general are a mixed group...not of the same mind. Closer to a Democracy....but not quite a Goat-fuck.

Yes....there are terrible things that happen in the world...but some that you support believe it or not are the cause of some of those things. They're just feeding you a line and trying to get you distracted while they pull the latest scam on all of us.

Strange

If you claim you've been happy all of that time you're full of crap.

I've been married for over 33 and most of it has been shall we say an adventure.

My explanation was a simplification of what I really feel. I don't think liberals really want absolute equality. Their tax ideas prove this. Their negligence in enforcing immigration laws does this as well.

I have many liberal beliefs but I choose not to be one because I don't like the way Democrats tend to divide us rather then bring us together...or the way the buy votes with entitlement programs.

In a battle case by case on the issues they tend to be on a weak footing so they use class-warfare, character assassination, finger-pointing, and race-baiting to eliminate the competition rather then winning on the positive aspects of their programs. They try to prove how much worse off we would be if we didn't spend trillions of dollars that seemed to just evaporate and leave no lasting effect. Many times it doesn't matter what their programs do...it's more important to keep their good intentions in mind.

Liberals in general are a mixed group...not of the same mind. Closer to a Democracy....but not quite a Goat-fuck.

Yes....there are terrible things that happen in the world...but some that you support believe it or not are the cause of some of those things. They're just feeding you a line and trying to get you distracted while they pull the latest scam on all of us.

We are never going to see eye to eye on any of this, but I do appreciate the clarification above.

who is squandering their talents for the benefit of hte masters? who are the winners in this system? who are the people being held down in your imaginary world? you know what you need to do, and I think this could solve our immigration debate. what you need to do is take this line of reasoning to the desert of arizona. whenever you come across someone who is risking their life to come to the US, you should ask them, do you really know what you're getting into? do you realize you are about to enter a society that is going to enslave you and rape you of your talents? maybe you would be able to convince some of them to stay in mexico.

Not for nothin', but some of you guys could politicize the eternal "over or under toilet paper" debate.

Why's it so hard to admit there are people of good character on either side of most issues?

You forgot "God" too.

Now you can go make that bumper sticker.

Forum List

Back