Even with convention bounce, Obama still leads McCain

Wasn't it Ninja who said it's going to be orgasmic when "Milhouse" isn't in the lead a few days after the RNC?

Well Ninja, I must say that right about now that it looks like you'll have to wait.

(Waits for the response that polls mean crap, this is only one poll, and of course that when you take all votes into account that the Republicans are leading.) :eusa_whistle:

We could see an additional bump from Palin but I think whatever she did in her speech was offset by McCain lackluster performance.

It is amazing how the theme of the GOP convention was to advocate "change" from the performance in Washington when they have been running things in Washington for the last eight years, 6 of which they had control of both the WH and congress.

They do have a certain ways of spinning things, don't they? Can't they just say:

"We screwed things up for the last eight years so now we would like to have a chance to fix them."

It seems a lot more honest, doesn't it?

Here's some more important figures:

McCain is now viewed favorably by 58% of the nation’s voters while Obama earns positive reviews from 57% (see trends). McCain earns favorable reviews from 91% of Republicans while Obama is viewed favorably by 87% of Democrats. Among unaffiliated voters, McCain’s favorable ratings are at 64%, Obama’s at 54%.

Palin is viewed favorably by 58% of voters including 40% with a Very Favorable opinion of her.

And, Obama holds a 1% lead, but let's see who's been polled:

For September, the targets are 39.7% Democrat, 32.1% Republican, and 28.2% unaffiliated (see party trends and analysis).

"We screwed things up for the last eight years so now we would like to have a chance to fix them."

It seems a lot more honest, doesn't it?

Yes, it does, which is why McCain said it:

I fight to restore the pride and principles of our party. We were elected to change Washington, and we let Washington change us. We lost the trust of the American people when some Republicans gave in to the temptations of corruption. We lost their trust when rather than reform government, both parties made it bigger. We lost their trust when instead of freeing ourselves from a dangerous dependence on foreign oil, both parties and Senator Obama passed another corporate welfare bill for oil companies. We lost their trust, when we valued our power over our principles.

Notice he said WE, not they, but WE. He also pointed out that it takes a bipartisan effort to fuck up the country, not just one party.

The RCP is still incorporating numbers from as far back as the 29th. And Milhouse is down to 2.4 :badgrin:

Be proud of that 2.4 point lead, Robbie! I'm sure the ghost of Douglas Wilder will use it to carry Milhouse to victory :eusa_clap:

Please link to your "source" because that doesn't comport with what I'm reading...

Maybe you're getting your stats from the RNC?

Please link to your "source" because that doesn't comport with what I'm reading...

Maybe you're getting your stats from the RNC?

RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Videos and Polls

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

pwned-facekick.jpg

NEXT....

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

lol.. very cute. but you needed to SAY you were averaging and also ignoring the 4% lead in one of the polls. I'd rep you for it, but I'm being told I have to spread it around first. ;oP

But to be fair, even the Repub's Rasmussen gives him 4%. ;)

Rasmussen also says, since you were the one doing the happy dance about Obama's lack of "convention bump":

At the time [of the convention] it was still quite modest but has now grown to represent a fairly typical convention bounce.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election

So, not soooooooooooo pwned.

S'okay, once the repubs start letting Governor Mooseburger answer questions unscripted, it'll go back to where it was before the repub's convention. :eusa_clap:

No shit?

Oh, wait, we knew that. It's much better than the 300+ EV's Obama had a month ago.

Thanks.

"Sometimes the first duty of intelligent men is the restatement of the obvious." - George Orwell

Just pointing out the obvious. :)

Ninja, are those insinuations that the Republicans will steal this election if necessary? :eek:

Seems so Silence, least Diebold is.

Ninja and a couple others here seem proud that the Republicans can and will steal the election (again) if needed. :banghead:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back