Even the Brits Finally Get it: Global Warming is OVER

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Forget global warming - it's Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again) | Mail Online

Forget global warming - it's Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again) Met Office releases new figures which show no warming in 15 years

The supposed ‘consensus’ on man-made global warming is facing an inconvenient challenge after the release of new temperature data showing the planet has not warmed for the past 15 years.

The figures suggest that we could even be heading for a mini ice age to rival the 70-year temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames in the 17th Century.

Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997.

So now we will have the usual canards about the paper reporting the Mets conclusions not being a scientific publication (so what it is simply reporting what the Met stated).

The radicals will never be convinced, especially since so much legislation, incomes and reputations are riding on this artificial crisis of this decade.

Forget global warming - it's Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again) | Mail Online

Forget global warming - it's Cycle 25 we need to worry about (and if NASA scientists are right the Thames will be freezing over again) Met Office releases new figures which show no warming in 15 years

The supposed ‘consensus’ on man-made global warming is facing an inconvenient challenge after the release of new temperature data showing the planet has not warmed for the past 15 years.

The figures suggest that we could even be heading for a mini ice age to rival the 70-year temperature drop that saw frost fairs held on the Thames in the 17th Century.

Based on readings from more than 30,000 measuring stations, the data was issued last week without fanfare by the Met Office and the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit. It confirms that the rising trend in world temperatures ended in 1997.

So now we will have the usual canards about the paper reporting the Mets conclusions not being a scientific publication (so what it is simply reporting what the Met stated).

The radicals will never be convinced, especially since so much legislation, incomes and reputations are riding on this artificial crisis of this decade.
You should come to Western Australia,Increased heat and lowering Dam levels over the past 25 years and getting worse.........Jim,YOU SHOULD MAKE THE TRIP HERE,WE HAVE PLENTY OF SAND FOR YOU TO BURY YOU HEAD IN.....just saying ..theliq:cool:

You should come to Western Australia,Increased heat and lowering Dam levels over the past 25 years and getting worse.........Jim,YOU SHOULD MAKE THE TRIP HERE,WE HAVE PLENTY OF SAND FOR YOU TO BURY YOU HEAD IN.....just saying ..theliq:cool:

It is SUMMER over there right now, right?

Besides, the article is about what the Met and East Anglia said. My opinion is irrelevant.

Besides, the article is about what the Met and East Anglia said. My opinion is irrelevant.
Jim,my apologies if you though I was being personel,I was teasing but we have had sustained change here for the past 25 years,global warming is effecting us big time.
There is evidence that the poles are affected,you only have to check out Greenland to see how much ice etc., has been lost over the past 30 years.......the strange thing is though,that in Alaska some glaciers have actully increased!!!!!There is something going on Jim.Maybe you could elucidate ?????regards steve:cool:Your opinion by the way is relevant......yes it's summer here and its been 40c+ for the past few weeks......loads of bush fires and all,yet flooding in the Eastern States

Last edited:

Jim,my apologies if you though I was being personel,I was teasing but we have had sustained change here for the past 25 years,global warming is effecting us big time.
There is evidence that the poles are affected,you only have to check out Greenland to see how much ice etc., has been lost over the past 30 years.......the strange thing is though,that in Alaska some glaciers have actully increased!!!!!There is something going on Jim.Maybe you could elucidate ?????regards steve:cool:Your opinion by the way is relevant......yes it's summer here and its been 40c+ for the past few weeks......loads of bush fires and all,yet flooding in the Eastern States
Yes. It's called the passage of time. WA usually gets that hot for nearly that long most years. Glaciers recede and grow. It has far more to do with snow, than climate.

Yes. It's called the passage of time. WA usually gets that hot for nearly that long most years. Glaciers recede and grow. It has far more to do with snow, than climate.
Ernie,you my be right but rain fall has lowered for around 22 years each year,and is gettin hotter each summer..just saying.steve..apologies for the previous insultations.:cool:

Ernie,you my be right but rain fall has lowered for around 22 years each year,and is gettin hotter each summer..just saying.steve..apologies for the previous insultations.:cool:

I dont think anyone doubts that temps have risen to 1998 or so world wide average, but two questions remain:

1. is it still continuing to warm up over all globally? While my native state of Texas got blistered and you guys down there too, the rest of the US has had cool seasons and the average world wide is a bit lower since 1998.

2. How much of this is due to human activity? I think some but I cant believe it is the primary driver of climate change when the release of CO2 by every day ocean activity dwarfs anything we do.

Its a mess to be sure trying to figure out this climate change stuff.

All I know is as a conservative fella I will do as little as I can to mess with the climate.

Its a mess to be sure trying to figure out this climate change stuff.

All I know is as a conservative fella I will do as little as I can to mess with the climate.

That aint conservatism, thats sand bagging!

lol, just kidding

I dont think anyone doubts that temps have risen to 1998 or so world wide average, but two questions remain:

1. is it still continuing to warm up over all globally? While my native state of Texas got blistered and you guys down there too, the rest of the US has had cool seasons and the average world wide is a bit lower since 1998.

2. How much of this is due to human activity? I think some but I cant believe it is the primary driver of climate change when the release of CO2 by every day ocean activity dwarfs anything we do.
Yep Jim,I think you maybe right....here in Perth and the North West inparticular there is much mining of raw mineral but no polluting add on industries at all......all I know is it's getting bloody hotter,year by year as I said,and the rainfall decreasing.steve

Last edited:
The average temperature during the winter here, is around 40 degrees. This has been the warmest January I've seen in my lifetime. I think there was another around 82 or 83. But most of this month has been in the 50-70 degree range.

Now February might be a different story. But it's so warm here, there has been no snow skiing so far. Very unusual.

The average temperature during the winter here, is around 40 degrees. This has been the warmest January I've seen in my lifetime. I think there was another around 82 or 83. But most of this month has been in the 50-70 degree range.

Now February might be a different story. But it's so warm here, there has been no snow skiing so far. Very unusual.
Where are YOU mska???regards steve:cool:

Where are YOU mska???regards steve:cool:

TN. We actually have a few ski slopes in the Appalachians. It's been too warm to even make snow there. I usually go there at least once, every January. It's not looking too promising this year.

Last winter we had no snow at all for the first month of the 'ski season', then had a series of record dumps.

This summer has been the hottest and driest for ages breaking all sorts of records.
But then at the other end of the country there have been records broken for rainfall and the weather has been shitty right through the summer.

Last winter we had no snow at all for the first month of the 'ski season', then had a series of record dumps.

This summer has been the hottest and driest for ages breaking all sorts of records.
But then at the other end of the country there have been records broken for rainfall and the weather has been shitty right through the summer.
Yes,things are certainly hotting up,those that think there is no global warming are irresponsible,we take things like this very seriously here........a lot of the folk in the US are brainwashed by big self interest business,who will not or cannot change....shit even in China they are implementing change.

but no doubt I shall be moronically attacked for my stance,as I post here it is 9.03pm in the evening......and its 37C......the pool water is more like a warm bath.........and when I walk outside from the aircon......it is fucking hot...Oooops excuse the swearing. a slightly warm liq. goodnight to all. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I didnt think you were being personal, not at all. Maybe flippant, but I have problems grasping humor so its unlikely to be your fault.

As to what is happening, well, the climate is going through some major changes. Of what kind exactly and in what direction I dont know. Look at the history of the Sahara desert, in the Ice Age it was still largely a desert, but as the Ice Age transitions into an intergalacial period, it blossoms into a green paradise for a few millenia. Then the trade winds change once again as things continue to warm up and the place dries out again.

The climate is a very intricate thing and not so simple that some silly 2 dimensional computer model can seriously be expected to emulate it and indicate what is going to happen.

My best guess is that the suns radience, characterized by its sun spot activity, is the dominant driving factor. Initially this could somehow cause unanticipated changes due to the simple fact that our oceans will retain heat for much longer than the upper atmosphere and so would be expected to be a lagging indicator. This might heighten El Nino effects while the overall temperatures decline and vice-versa.

But maybe not.

We havent gone through an Ice Age with the ability to record the events in any detail before, so we might as well not assert that anything said about what may happen is any better than a best guess.

Don't count on it. The pressure is off while Barry Hussein is campaigning. If (God forbid) he gets reelected you can count on the extortion and fake science to last another four long, long years if the US lasts that long.

1. Yes, it is continuing to warm up worldwide.

UAH Global Temperature Update for Dec. 2011: +0.13 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

If you look at the graph on Dr. Spencer's site, you can see that 75% or better of the running average on the graph since 1998 has been above the high points on the graph prior to 1998. Not only that, in the year of the double La Nina, 2011, December was above the highest running average point prior to 1998. And 2010 equaled the running average high point of 1998. In fact, the running average has been above the highest running average points prior to 1998, since 2009.

2. No, the ocean does not release more CO2 than we do. In fact, the carbon cycle has the ocean absorbing and releasing equal amounts of CO2 when the climate is in balance. However, today, the ocean is absorbing far more CO2 than it is releasing, making the oceans a net absorber of CO2.

Oceans Found to Absorb Half of All Man-Made Carbon Dioxide

Oceans Found to Absorb Half of All Man-Made Carbon DioxideJohn Pickrell
for National Geographic News

July 15, 2004
Around half of all carbon dioxide produced by humans since the industrial revolution has dissolved into the world's oceans—with adverse effects for marine life—according to two new studies.

Scientists who undertook the first comprehensive look at ocean storage of carbon dioxide found that the world's oceans serve as a massive sink that traps the greenhouse gas.

The researchers say the oceans' removal of the carbon dioxide from Earth's atmosphere has slowed global warming.

But in a second, related study, scientists say the sink effect is now changing ocean chemistry. The resulting change has slowed growth of plankton, corals, and other invertebrates that serve as the most basic level of the ocean food chain. The impacts on marine life could be severe, scientists say.

"The oceans are performing a great service to humankind by removing this carbon dioxide from the atmosphere," said Christopher Sabine, a geophysicist with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in Seattle, Washington. "The problem is that this service has potential consequences for the biology and ecosystem structure of the oceans

We learned a couple of things about the religion of global warming in the last three years. We learned that the "scientists" fudged data to keep the lucrative grants rolling in and confirm crazy unscientific theories. We learned that government supported taxpayer funded "green technology" is nothing but a money pit and a home for crooks. We learned that America is mortgaged to the gills to countries who are rich in fossil fuels and we learned that Obama's nominee to his "green jobs board" is a communist who pulls the strings in the socialist hate-capitalism, hate America OWS movement.

One of the primary predictions of global warming is that the weather swings will be wider and wilder, with an overall warming.

And have we ever been seeing that in spades. Swiss Re and Munich Re both say that claims resulting from extreme weather have increased five fold since 1970. While they say that the increasing population and building in at risk zone is responsible for 50% of that increase, the rest is from increased severity and occurance of extreme weather. From Russia, to Texas, Queensland, Australia, to the Mississippi and Missouri rivers, we have seen extreme precipitation events and extreme droughts. And then there are the storms in Joplin and Tuscaloosa.

2011 started with a very strong La Nina, and we saw extreme snowfall on the East Coast. 2012 started with a very strong La Nina, and, thus far we have seen very warm temperatures over most of the US. Weatherman just said that Monday, the snow level on Hood will be 9000 feet. First week of February.

Forum List

Back