Even stupider than suing Yahoo!

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
ABA May Bar Judges From Anti-Gay Groups

ATLANTA - Judges are on the front line of battles over legal rights for same-sex couples and should never belong to an organization that discriminates against gays, supporters of a proposed change to American Bar Association ethics rules argued Friday.
Judges are already prohibited from joining clubs that discriminate based on race or sex. An ABA panel is debating whether to make groups that discriminate against gays off limits as well.
…
"Judges are human beings too. They should be allowed to exercise their First Amendment rights of free association," said Frederic Smalkin, a senior federal judge who teaches law at the University of Maryland.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...&e=10&u=/ap/20040806/ap_on_re_us/lawyers_gays

I'm sorry, but no matter what you think of gays it should not be legal to tell someone that their job depends on not belonging to groups who don't agree with it! That means that a judge can't belong to the catholic church? Boy scouts? Military?

That is a load of bull____! I have never before been glad I wasn't a member of the bar...I'm ecstatic now.

"One lawer with a briefcase can steal more money than a thousand men with guns."

_ Don Vito Corleone, in Mario Puzo's "The Godfather"

And a great deal more than money, it would seem.

It is not known how many judges participate in groups such as the Boy Scouts that have policies against hiring gays or having homosexual leaders, or some veterans groups that restrict membership to heterosexuals.
That's bullshit. They should be allowed to be a part of groups like those. It's not like it's the KKK or something like that.

My question is, is this the same group that kept out the bush appointees and who gives them authority?

Forum List

Back