Even Scarier Poll Part 2

So violence in the name of religion is always justified?
If it's carried out legitimately, meaning against those who kill or oppress innocents.
Define 'Oppress Innocents'
Really, this is a telling point. If Oppress Innocents is interpreted broadly, then the refusal of parents to take their children to a mosque could be seen as oppressing innocents. After all someone might believe that such an action endangers the child's soul and hence is oppressing the child. So they kill the parent.
See how bad that sounds. Sort of like forced conversion by Catholic priests in the Americas.

My, my.

Killing for religion is justified, say third of Muslim students - Telegraph

According to the actual article, the poll was conducted only among Muslim students in the United Kingdom. I wonder why "jihadwatch" made it seem as if the study reflected the beliefs of all British Muslims? :eusa_think:

Furthermore, the article notes that the poll was conducted for a "right-wing think tank." It seems that the question asked was whether killing in the name of religion is justified. What does that mean? Is it asking if attacks against civilians are justified, or if attacks by Muslims against their oppressors are justified? Ambiguous phrasing indeed.

students hey? so what are they teaching over there?

Well.. if it is OK (according to this Kalam moron) to believe in or support the 'Jihad'... then I guess they would have no problem with some other large group of people believing that the elimination of all those that believe in 'Jihad' is just fine

Well.. if it is OK (according to this Kalam moron) to believe in or support the 'Jihad'... then I guess they would have no problem with some other large group of people believing that the elimination of all those that believe in 'Jihad' is just fine

As soon it becomes legal to eliminate the Kalam type Muslims/Morons, I'd be the first to volunteer to rid the world of this Islamic aberration.

Unfortunately our Libnuts would never allow that to happen because they are the very cause of the problem.

My, my.

Killing for religion is justified, say third of Muslim students - Telegraph

According to the actual article, the poll was conducted only among Muslim students in the United Kingdom. I wonder why "jihadwatch" made it seem as if the study reflected the beliefs of all British Muslims? :eusa_think:

Furthermore, the article notes that the poll was conducted for a "right-wing think tank." It seems that the question asked was whether killing in the name of religion is justified. What does that mean? Is it asking if attacks against civilians are justified, or if attacks by Muslims against their oppressors are justified? Ambiguous phrasing indeed.

students hey? so what are they teaching over there?

In the United Kingdom? No idea.

Define 'Oppress Innocents'

Permission (to fight) is given to those on whom war is made, because they are oppressed. And surely Allah is Able to assist them -- those who are driven from their homes without a just cause except that they say: Our Lord is Allah. And if Allah did not repel some people by others, cloisters, and churches, and synagogues, and mosques in which Allah’s name is much remembered, would have been pulled down. And surely Allah will help him who helps Him. Surely Allah is Strong, Mighty. - 22:39-40

Allah forbids you only respecting those who fight you for religion, and drive you forth from your homes and help in your expulsion, that you make friends of them; and whoever makes friends of them, these are the wrongdoers. - 60:8​

Unjust expulsion from homes (as in Sudan), aggressive warfare, and starting conflicts for religious reasons.

Really, this is a telling point. If Oppress Innocents is interpreted broadly, then the refusal of parents to take their children to a mosque could be seen as oppressing innocents. After all someone might believe that such an action endangers the child's soul and hence is oppressing the child. So they kill the parent.
See how bad that sounds. Sort of like forced conversion by Catholic priests in the Americas.
Fortunately, that does not seem to meet the criteria provided by the Qur'an.

Sorry, kimosabe; jihad is not comparable to genocide.

The OP is garbage, unsurprisingly. The survey did not find that a third of Muslims supported murder in the name of religion.

4 per cent said killing could be justified to "promote or preserve" religion, while 28 per cent said it was acceptable if that religion were under attack.

I'm guessing conservative Christian numbers would be quite similar.

The OP is garbage, unsurprisingly. The survey did not find that a third of Muslims supported murder in the name of religion.

4 per cent said killing could be justified to "promote or preserve" religion, while 28 per cent said it was acceptable if that religion were under attack.

There's the answer to our question. :lol:

1/3 of UK Muslims believe murder in the name of Islam is justifiable, according to new poll - Jihad Watch

One Third of UK Muslims think Jihad is justified.

I'm going to look for more.. we might be terrified.. Yep!

The UK is in a mess. They along with France have welcomed Muslims into their countries in mass. We see rioting in France & they are scared to death to react because more than anything they fear a terrorist attack.

Neither country like us does profiling. I am with Palin on this one--Profile--to save innocent lives.

I am surprised the left wing nut cases in this country have not gone wild over Palin's comments about profiling. Didn't they hear it--:lol:

Let me add:

1. Conservatives generally believe that Muslim extremists are out to destroy us and 'our way of life'.
2. Conservatives generally believe that 'our way of life' is that of a Judeo-Christian culture, or in short, of a Christian nation.
3. Conservatives are generally willing to kill to defend that religious based way of life,

which means that most Conservatives, who answered honestly, would themselves say that yes killing is acceptable if their religion was under attack.

Let me add:

1. Conservatives generally believe that Muslim extremists are out to destroy us and 'our way of life'.
2. Conservatives generally believe that 'our way of life' is that of a Judeo-Christian culture, or in short, of a Christian nation.
3. Conservatives are generally willing to kill to defend that religious based way of life,

which means that most Conservatives, who answered honestly, would themselves say that yes killing is acceptable if their religion was under attack.

Thou shalt not kill. It means, we are not supposed to take a life as an individual. If society deems a person or group of people is a threat or to be punished for their misdeeds, it is viewed differently. BTW, Muslim extemists are out to destroy us, that is sort of what makes them the extreme part.

Sorry, kimosabe; jihad is not comparable to genocide.

THAT is where you are wrong, kimo

Thread killer.

No they wouldn't, and haven't.

How many christian riots have you seen when people are denigrating christianity?

Cartoon riots come to mind, "fatwas" on book authors, man, there is just no comparison.

Thread killer.

It's an old poll. I think I encountered it some time last year on that other place.

Forum List

Back