Even Obama Knows The End Is Near

One Fail down Joe... You still have a few other Fails there yet to be had. :thup:

:)

peace...

Has it occured t you that I'm not going to waste my time with your ODS? I just pointed out the silliness of the Right treating Khadafy like a clubbed baby seal after screaming for his head for years.

Every bit as silly as the left treating Saddam like a Clubbed Baby seal when Bush took him out, when they screamed for his head for years.

It's kind of hard to argue with conservatives when you argue against things you used to be for, Until The Black Guy Did It. It becomes positively circular... and if you guys want to go on a circle jerk, knock yourselves out.

As much as I hope Obama is crushed in November, I hope Summer Gloating over the consequences of his bumbing administration doesn't help build his support as an underdog.

:eusa_whistle::cuckoo::lol:

Dude you have hidden your support for obama until now. I don't support Romney but I would never vote for obama either/.

Dude, I'm not supporting Obama. I'm oppossing ROmney.

Because I think the Mormon Cult is the epitome of Evil.

As for Obama, I just don't know why you guys are complaining about him. He's a better Republican President than Bush was.

Wow, you're delusional.

They've focus-grouped the Bain Stuff. It doesn't play well to the wealthy, but to working folks, it resonates.

Becuase everyone who has ever worked for a living has encountered a POS in a suit like Romney who laid them off at least once.

I'm a 'working folk', and it doesn't resonate with me.

I'm 1%, and 'working folk'... and it resonates with me. I think it has more to do with intellect than whether one is 'working folk'. If you're smart, you want a genuinely smart President. That's Romney.

:lol::lol::lol::cuckoo::lol:::eusa_whistle:

I believe that President Obama will win this election simply because all the policies that the GOP is pushing at present are simply double down on previous failure. That, and the radical fruitloops that have become the public face of the GOP is turning off Independents.

When did Khadafy get on the list?

How about when REagan put him there?

This is another wonderful example of Republicans being totally against something they used to be for, Until The Black Guy Did It.

Now, incidently, I personally am not thrilled with our Libya intervention. I think it's another case of fisting the Hornet's nest and wondering why we get stung.

Boy oh boy, tough to find a thread around here that hasn't degenerated into 7th-grade name calling and personal insults. Nice to see something I can latch on to. It's getting tougher and tougher.

Sticking our nose into hornets' nests appears to be our specialty. Now, while the Republicans appear to be far more willing to both stick our noses into hornets' nests and defend their decision when our face is covered in stings, the Democrats can't say their hands are clean either.

Is it something in the freakin' water in Washington DC, this notion that we're the World's Policeman? And why are we so willing to ignore the costs and long term downsides of such a policy?

My theory, for what it's worth.

Military intervention is something the politicians like because it's exciting, because you can get measurable results quickly, and the consequences are usually not felt until so far down the road most people don't notice them.

Incidently, the only guy who never felt a need to flex our military muscles for the Hell of it, was Dwight D. Eisenhower. He got us out of Korea, and although he did preside over a cold war military buildup, he also fought for infrastructure to benefit the civilian population.

Then again, this great warrior also said this...

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final
sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

I think a guy like Reb would call him a Marxist and a Communist for saying this, which is just a demonstration of how far removed the GOP has gotten in recent years.

Dude you have hidden your support for obama until now. I don't support Romney but I would never vote for obama either/.

As for Obama, I just don't know why you guys are complaining about him. He's a better Republican President than Bush was.

Giving your vote to obama is supporting everything obama does. That is what you are telling the Electorate.

:lol: Great line.

The existence of Romney's candidacy is absolutely fascinating to me. We'll probably never get it, but I would love to see a post mortem on how he ended up with the gig after the election, win or lose. At a time when nearly all of the energy in the party is based in the Tea Party absolutists, how in the world did this guy make it through? I keep hearing about the "Republican Establishment", and I have no idea who the hell that is, but I have to assume that "they" made it happen.

Our conservative absolutist friends are having to play an interesting game, spending all their energy going after Obama and none of it showing their love for Mitt. Could work, negative attacks remain effective.

But I'd love to know one day how this came about.

This is another wonderful example of Republicans being totally against something they used to be for, Until The Black Guy Did It.

Now, incidently, I personally am not thrilled with our Libya intervention. I think it's another case of fisting the Hornet's nest and wondering why we get stung.

Boy oh boy, tough to find a thread around here that hasn't degenerated into 7th-grade name calling and personal insults. Nice to see something I can latch on to. It's getting tougher and tougher.

Sticking our nose into hornets' nests appears to be our specialty. Now, while the Republicans appear to be far more willing to both stick our noses into hornets' nests and defend their decision when our face is covered in stings, the Democrats can't say their hands are clean either.

Is it something in the freakin' water in Washington DC, this notion that we're the World's Policeman? And why are we so willing to ignore the costs and long term downsides of such a policy?

Military intervention is something the politicians like because it's exciting, because you can get measurable results quickly, and the consequences are usually not felt until so far down the road most people don't notice them.

Incidently, the only guy who never felt a need to flex our military muscles for the Hell of it, was Dwight D. Eisenhower. He got us out of Korea, and although he did preside over a cold war military buildup, he also fought for infrastructure to benefit the civilian population.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final
sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

I think a guy like Reb would call him a Marxist and a Communist for saying this, which is just a demonstration of how far removed the GOP has gotten in recent years.

Yeah, I can see that. My guess/hope, though, is that interventionism doesn't play as well in this age of instant information, and that such behavior won't be tolerated as much.

obamalibyan-h.jpg

He didn't get Congressional Authorization...

As Unconstitutional an Act as has been Perped by a President.

peace...

Now listen to the 'Conservatives' cry and whine over another dictator with American blood on his hands. We aided the Libyans in destroying a man and system that was truly evil and left it up to the Libyans to decide what kind of government they wish to have. A resounding success without having to expend that much money, and without losing a drop of American blood.

Now listen to the 'Conservatives' cry and whine over another dictator with American blood on his hands. We aided the Libyans in destroying a man and system that was truly evil and left it up to the Libyans to decide what kind of government they wish to have. A resounding success without having to expend that much money, and without losing a drop of American blood.

When you think that you're "exceptional", that the rules don't apply to you, that the world needs to bow to your "exceptionalism", you can evidently justify any cost, any amount of deaths, any amount of misery, any destruction, any long-term damage. A very counterproductive psychosis, indeed.

Giving your vote to obama is supporting everything obama does. That is what you are telling the Electorate.

What I'm telling the electorate is, "I might have voted Republican, as I have since 1980, but between selling out to Multi-National Corporations and the Religious Nutbags, I'm just not a happy camper here. Obama's the devil I know."

There was a time when we had Republicans like Eisenhower and Tom McCall of Oregon. Men of stature and wisdom. Today, we seem to be getting Etch-a-Sketchs, "W" type idiot children, or snarling, drooling fruitloops like we see in the Teabaggers. Anybody like Senator Simpson, that dares speak out for sanity, is immediatly labeled RINO, and a closet liberal. And, like another very inteligent conservative, Buckley, Simpson has enough character and intellect to see the humor in the present labels they are hanging on him.

:lol: Great line.

The existence of Romney's candidacy is absolutely fascinating to me. We'll probably never get it, but I would love to see a post mortem on how he ended up with the gig after the election, win or lose. At a time when nearly all of the energy in the party is based in the Tea Party absolutists, how in the world did this guy make it through? I keep hearing about the "Republican Establishment", and I have no idea who the hell that is, but I have to assume that "they" made it happen.

Our conservative absolutist friends are having to play an interesting game, spending all their energy going after Obama and none of it showing their love for Mitt. Could work, negative attacks remain effective.

But I'd love to know one day how this came about.

I think at some point, after a viable alternative to Romney failed to materialize, they learned to Love Romney.

Mormonism, Schmormanism... they just hate Obama so much, and Romney was able to sell that he could beat Obama by winning over the middle, even though his entire strategy now is to energize his bas.

obamalibyan-h.jpg

He didn't get Congressional Authorization...

As Unconstitutional an Act as has been Perped by a President.

peace...

And I'm sure that the GOP should offer articles of impeachment, then.

A guy who killed 100 Americans at Lockerby, he's really worth going to bat over?

Also, it's questionable whether he needed Congressional Authoirzation, since the UN and NATO took the action against Khadafy, and we are signatories to both treaties.

When you think that you're "exceptional", that the rules don't apply to you, that the world needs to bow to your "exceptionalism", you can evidently justify any cost, any amount of deaths, any amount of misery, any destruction, any long-term damage. A very counterproductive psychosis, indeed.

Are we discussing the same thing? We aided an internal revolution against a man that had ordered the murder of hundreds of innocent Americans. We did not carpet bomb cities, instead NATO concentrated on Khadafi's military. From Lockerbie until that Libyan put a bullet through Khadifi's head, there was a blood debt that Khadafi owed this nation. A debt President Obama helped collect.

I suppose next you are going to cry about how we violated Pakistan's soveriegnty in getting Bin Laden. In fact, what you 'Conservatives' are crying about is a policy that states that if you kill Americans without reason, you will pay with your life. We won't bomb the cities you hide in, we won't use your actions as an excuse to to adventuring, as in Iraq, we will find you, and kill you! I fully approve of that policy.

Had we had that policy after 9-11, we would not have invaded and occupied Afghanistan, we would simply have gone in, killed Bin Laden, and left. Then continued to kill, as we are doing at present, all the Al Queda that we are able to locate. Under such a policy, we never would have invaded Iraq, and would not have paid such a terrible price in blood and national treasure for nothing.

The effect of the doctrine by the previous administration on our military is being demonstrated right now. For 2012, deaths by suicide in the US Military outnumber the deaths by combat. We need to pull fully out of both Iraq and Afghanistan. And simply go after the people that are causing the trouble.

Getting this thread back on track......Obama's biggest fault is a lack of something great leaders have.

Courage.

Bombing terrorists with drone attacks isn't brave. Being brave means facing up to criticism after you know you screwed up. Obama never does this. Instead he attacks anyone who points out his screwups. Only a coward does this. Seems to me everyone, including Democrats, are growing tired of defending him.

Why should they?

He never wants to back them up when they need it.

So when they asked Dubya in 2004 if he ever made a mistake, and he said he couldn't think of one, were you this upset? Somehow, I doubt it.

The left chose to criticize everything Bush did and didn't do, so why give them any more ammo.

Course we could compare the two and compare how they would react (or reacted) to issues and events and I'm sure that just about any president would do better then the current president.

You list is BS because most of the issues aren't really solved or are still in the air, not to mention still a serious problem.

You probably could have challenged yourself by going into a critical MOS but most in supply are uneasy about it. My MOS was critical but I wanted to stop being merely a technician. I wanted to take risks. I'm not sorry I did.

Actually, I loved being in Supply. I was very good at it. And it's pretty much what I do in civilian life since, and I'm pretty good at that.

The reason I got out was after the Gulf War, (you know, the one where we had to take out a guy Reagan insisted up and down was our bestest bud in the 1990's) I just didn't see a point to it. Yeah, it made sense to me when it was the 1980's, and we were facing down the threat of teh Soviet union, but what we've done since then is get involved in the Middle East Hornet's nest trying to decide which hornets are our friends.

Who needs that shit?

Supply is cool. Without it combat-arms would be screwed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the 90s didn't they put out soldiers in supply that had 20 years but were unable or unwilling to shoot for E7 by volunteering for a more critical MOS?

I think it has something to do with it being against international law to target world leaders for assassination without declaring war on them.....something to do with that.

Last edited:
Wow, you're delusional.

They've focus-grouped the Bain Stuff. It doesn't play well to the wealthy, but to working folks, it resonates.

Becuase everyone who has ever worked for a living has encountered a POS in a suit like Romney who laid them off at least once.

Finally joe has come out of the obama closet to show who he truly is.:cuckoo:

I've been pretty clear all along that I wouldn't support Romney under any circumstances.

Labels of "conservative" and "liberal" are about as meaningful as "Cubs" and "White Sox" to me at this point. Possibly less so.

The real problem is the "Conservative" movement is finding ways to get dumb working people like you to vote against your own economic interests.

"Well, Clem, I lost my pension, my good paying Job, my health coverage and economic Security, and I can be fired at a whim at 50 and replaced by a girl with nice breasts, but dang-it, I still gots my gun! And them Homos can't get married."

Seriously?

Life sucks.....don't it????

Forum List

Back