Even more Republicans support the CSR payments.

The basic problem is that even acknowledging a supermaj wanted some action by the feds on healthcare, Obamacare did not get at the real cost drivers that make US healthcare so much more expensive .... although it did somewhat contain costs per treatment by forcing providers to take what the feds told them they could have .... and with good reason since their profits went up too. LOL

He has insured millions lose health ins, and I want to be the first to say goodbye to trump. 30 of the states that voted for him benefit from the ACA, he has just screwed himself and I love it.

The ACA is still the law of the land.

Seems you have some arguments here that require extra information.

Trump is here for 3 more years from what I can tell. Is there something going on that I've last track of ?

Those 30 states probably don't benifit in general. Just like we don't all "benefit" from insurance.

Those payments help those who can't afford it. Is it racist of me to say that means a disproporationate number of minorities....all of whom voted democratic in a huge way ? So that they really are screwing their opposition.

Does that make sense ?

actually, yes, it is racist to say that it mostly minorities.... the majority of people on welfare are white single mothers... largely living in red states. so you might want to reconsider that.

I said disproportionate....not majority.

I do consider that.

If you could set aside your need to be partisan, I asked if there was really any damage to the red states if those minorities found themselves in trouble.

Your point about the majority being poor white is a consideration depending on how they vote as a whole.

I was more asking a question of does it really hurt the red states like some claim.

and the answer is still no... not disproportionately. fwiw, poor people get health care.

it's working class people who don't get employer based insurance who have the issue.

here's a number for you.... prior to the ACA, over 50% of our bankruptcies were due to unanticipated medical issues.

you think our country can't do what every other western nation can? provide health services to our people? we aren't good enough?

If those working class
The basic problem is that even acknowledging a supermaj wanted some action by the feds on healthcare, Obamacare did not get at the real cost drivers that make US healthcare so much more expensive .... although it did somewhat contain costs per treatment by forcing providers to take what the feds told them they could have .... and with good reason since their profits went up too. LOL

He has insured millions lose health ins, and I want to be the first to say goodbye to trump. 30 of the states that voted for him benefit from the ACA, he has just screwed himself and I love it.

Trump is here for 3 more years from what I can tell. Is there something going on that I've last track of ?

Those 30 states probably don't benifit in general. Just like we don't all "benefit" from insurance.

Those payments help those who can't afford it. Is it racist of me to say that means a disproporationate number of minorities....all of whom voted democratic in a huge way ? So that they really are screwing their opposition.

Does that make sense ?

actually, yes, it is racist to say that it mostly minorities.... the majority of people on welfare are white single mothers... largely living in red states. so you might want to reconsider that.

I do consider that.

If you could set aside your need to be partisan, I asked if there was really any damage to the red states if those minorities found themselves in trouble.

Your point about the majority being poor white is a consideration depending on how they vote as a whole.

I was more asking a question of does it really hurt the red states like some claim.

and the answer is still no... not disproportionately. fwiw, poor people get health care.

it's working class people who don't get employer based insurance who have the issue.

here's a number for you.... prior to the ACA, over 50% of our bankruptcies were due to unanticipated medical issues.

you think our country can't do what every other western nation can? provide health services to our people? we aren't good enough?

1. Can you link the working class poor to being highly GOP ? If so, then your answer of no makes sense.

2. The bankrupticy claims is meaningless without a follow up statistic which you don't include. For sure, bankruptcies have come down in the last five or six years. Some say "Obamacare" may have some impact on that. It makes sense, but they can't prove it or the impact relative to a better economy and new bankruptcy laws.

3. I don't get your question. I never said anything to that affect (are we good enough). Aren't you jumping to conclusions about my POV without know what it is (or asking) ?

fridaypollchart2.png

Poll: 7 in 10 Want the Trump Administration to Make the Affordable Care Act Work Rather Than Make it Fail

half of them didn't know the ACA and obamacare were the same thing.

Isn't that working against the claim the poll supports ?

i was responding to your comment... which yes, is bigoted and silly. that said, do you think it's ok to use healthcare as a way to "screw the opposition"?

I never said it was O.K.

I asked if it was possible for the OP to be somewhat misguided by saying that 9 of 10 red states are going to be more hurt by cutting off payments. If the payments hurt a disproporationate amount of democratic leaning folks....does the GOP care ? I am not saying they shouldn't.

no, it's not misguided.

You have not shown that.

Does that make sense ?

I do consider that.

If those working class

Does that make sense ?

I do consider that.

1. Can you link the working class poor to being highly GOP ? If so, then your answer of no makes sense.

2. The bankrupticy claims is meaningless without a follow up statistic which you don't include. For sure, bankruptcies have come down in the last five or six years. Some say "Obamacare" may have some impact on that. It makes sense, but they can't prove it or the impact relative to a better economy and new bankruptcy laws.

3. I don't get your question. I never said anything to that affect (are we good enough). Aren't you jumping to conclusions about my POV without know what it is (or asking) ?

i shouldn't have to link it. we know working class whites voted trump. that's GOP.

there were no new bankruptcy laws of any significance. no one was permitted to file who could not file before and no one was prohibited from filing who was able to before. at least as far as i am aware.

the economy was better... but that did not translate into working class wages which have been flatlined for decades. the bulk of the recovery benefitted the top 1%.

half of them didn't know the ACA and obamacare were the same thing.

i was responding to your comment... which yes, is bigoted and silly. that said, do you think it's ok to use healthcare as a way to "screw the opposition"?

I never said it was O.K.

I asked if it was possible for the OP to be somewhat misguided by saying that 9 of 10 red states are going to be more hurt by cutting off payments. If the payments hurt a disproporationate amount of democratic leaning folks....does the GOP care ? I am not saying they shouldn't.

no, it's not misguided.

You have not shown that.

you should look things up before you make inaccurate assertions.

Does that make sense ?

Well yes, they understand voting republican means dying by the roadside, homeless with cancer is the ultimate GOP plan.

My point was that it won't be the GOP dying by the roadside.

Red States are not 100% GOP.

Please consider the point instead of satisfying your need to make partisan statements.

actually, it will be... and they're going to be very mad at Donald when they figure it out.

or do you think that the GOP responded to all those protests because they were dems carrying signs?

It is difficult to get a feel for what your basis for these claims is. I understand your comments about the poor getting help...but isn't that the group that will suffer the most when payments are cut ?

Maybe I am missing something.

Does that make sense ?

I do consider that.

If those working class

Does that make sense ?

I do consider that.

i shouldn't have to link it. we know working class whites voted trump. that's GOP.

there were no new bankruptcy laws of any significance. no one was permitted to file who could not file before and no one was prohibited from filing who was able to before. at least as far as i am aware.

the economy was better... but that did not translate into working class wages which have been flatlined for decades. the bulk of the recovery benefitted the top 1%.

I am fine with those oneliners if you can produce statistics to prove them.

Most of what I read says those who look at the data can't make those distinctions.

Did you publish an article or are you really asking me to take your arguments over those who spend considerable time with the data ?

Does that make sense ?

Well yes, they understand voting republican means dying by the roadside, homeless with cancer is the ultimate GOP plan.

Please consider the point instead of satisfying your need to make partisan statements.

actually, it will be... and they're going to be very mad at Donald when they figure it out.

or do you think that the GOP responded to all those protests because they were dems carrying signs?

It is difficult to get a feel for what your basis for these claims is. I understand your comments about the poor getting help...but isn't that the group that will suffer the most when payments are cut ?

the poor still get medicare

I do consider that.

If those working class

I do consider that.

Most of what I read says those who look at the data can't make those distinctions.

Did you publish an article or are you really asking me to take your arguments over those who spend considerable time with the data ?

you are free to confirm everything i posted.

I never said it was O.K.

no, it's not misguided.

You have not shown that.

you should look things up before you make inaccurate assertions.

What would I be looking up ?

I have asked the question. I am not arguing the point.

What I am arguing is that it feels like these payments were going to people who were poor and they stand to be hurt the most. I am also saying that a high majority of the people who are poor vote democratic.

You have brought in the working class poor who you say are overly leaning GOP. I will do some looking into that.

I do consider that.

If those working class

I do consider that.

you are free to confirm everything i posted.

It would seem that you are not going to.

Not what I would call good debate.

Does that make sense ?

the poor still get medicare

Even medicare has associated costs for people who have it.

Once again, I am not arguing against it, I am simply saying my view, based on what I have seen, says that this will hurt some more than others.

The OP says the GOP. I don't see it.

Forum List

Back