Even more Economic Good News: Dow Jones up 28% since January

Funny thing about all those horrible things happening to the "average folks" back then, is that it's STILL happening to a lot of them.

But somehow they've funded this market through a 4 trillion dollar recovery.

That's BEYOND laughable.

Did "average folks" fund the recovery? Maybe not

Did "average folks" benefit from a 50% market recovery? Hell Yes!

Funny thing about all those horrible things happening to the "average folks" back then, is that it's STILL happening to a lot of them.

But somehow they've funded this market through a 4 trillion dollar recovery.

That's BEYOND laughable.

show me my post where I said the recovery was FUNDED by average people. Your lack of reading comprehension skills is what is laughable.

Jeez - one more fifth grade dropout misreads a post and starts hurling BS at OTHER PEOPLE.

Last edited:
Hey, anyone want to guess how much the Dow was up over the course of Bush's entire term?

:lol:

How about Clinton's?
Change that to how much it was up while bush had a Republican congress.

When the Dems took control, things started to slide rather quickly, didn't they? Funny how they like to add in the last six months just to make the overall average sink when the stock market was up for the first 7 years.

I'm glad to see the DOW recovering. I have money invested and will not pray for a downturn in the stock market for politics.

Just remember. The stock market is NOT the economy.

you got that reference Paulie - or you just going to try to disappear without acknowledging your mistake?

ewww eewww lemme take a guess.

nodoginnafight, here's the entire exchange:

Americans have recovered more than $4 trillion to their retirement accounts, IRA's, 401k's, college tuition investment accounts, etc ...

These are not fat cats. They are average everyday Americans.

But imho POTUS always gets more credit than deserved when the economy is going good and more blame than is deserved when the economy is going bad. For the most part, there are forces far bigger than POTUS or Congress at work driving the economy.

But during a crisis - a failure to react can be devastating. Bush and Obama BOTH did what any other president (since Hoover) would have done. Good for BOTH of them.

Any stock recovery happenned because of the fat cats because mom and dad who have a 401K do not invest billions of dollars at a time. This is done by the "fat cats" and when they do this the stocks go up which benefits those mom and dad 401K plan which sounds a lot like trickle-down economics.

Are you now agreeing with that.

Nope - it's not trickling anywhere in spite of your obession with cats.

It's average folks investing the money they earned. And recouping more than $4 trillion that was lost in the crash - has nothing to do with cats.

ihopehefails says that "fat cats" funded the recovery, because mom and pop 'average folks' do not have the kind of money it took to create this market recovery.

You then go on to say that it's NOT fat cats..

Here's what you fucking said:

nodoginnafight said:
It's average folks investing the money they earned ... has nothing to do with cats

This is you saying CLEARLY and CONCISELY that the rich did NOT create the recovery by investing their money, but instead the 'average folks' did.

No amount of studying reading comprehension would lead a sane and educated person to any other conclusion from that then you saying that 'average folks' created the recovery.

You literally said 'average folks investing the money they earned'.

WHAT MONEY? They weren't fucking EARNING any money, and a large portion STILL AREN'T because in case you haven't noticed, the unemployment rate has crept above 10%.

You're a fucking moron man, I'm sorry.

nodoginnafight, here's the entire exchange:

Any stock recovery happenned because of the fat cats because mom and dad who have a 401K do not invest billions of dollars at a time. This is done by the "fat cats" and when they do this the stocks go up which benefits those mom and dad 401K plan which sounds a lot like trickle-down economics.

Are you now agreeing with that.

Nope - it's not trickling anywhere in spite of your obession with cats.

It's average folks investing the money they earned. And recouping more than $4 trillion that was lost in the crash - has nothing to do with cats.

ihopehefails says that "fat cats" funded the recovery, because mom and pop 'average folks' do not have the kind of money it took to create this market recovery.

You then go on to say that it's NOT fat cats..

Here's what you fucking said:

nodoginnafight said:
It's average folks investing the money they earned ... has nothing to do with cats

This is you saying CLEARLY and CONCISELY that the rich did NOT create the recovery by investing their money, but instead the 'average folks' did.

No amount of studying reading comprehension would lead a sane and educated person to any other conclusion from that then you saying that 'average folks' created the recovery.

You literally said 'average folks investing the money they earned'.

WHAT MONEY? They weren't fucking EARNING any money, and a large portion STILL AREN'T because in case you haven't noticed, the unemployment rate has crept above 10%.

You're a fucking moron man, I'm sorry.

I was referencing the benefits of the recovery - not the funding. And insults and name-calling don't seem to help your reading comprehension one bit. Maybe you ought to try something new? Maybe a night course.

I realize you are probably too embarassed to apologize for your obvious mis-reading. But a REAL adult would.

Last edited:
How does "it's average folks investing the money they earned" mean anything other than exactly what it says?

You literally told that poster that you DON'T think it's the rich that funded the recovery and aided in the middle class recovering their losses. You said instead that the average folks "invested the money they earned".

How else does one comprehend that? You're trying really hard to back-peddle out of looking stupid but you aren't fooling me.

You said what you said and there's no changing it.

Tell me this...

WHAT MONEY did these 'average folks' invest? I mean, you DID say they invested the money they earned...that much is clearly typed out above...

WHAT MONEY did they invest?

Obama money....Y'know, from his stash. :rolleyes:

Tell me I'm not the only one who's thinking this nodoginnafight guy is being as retarded as corky thatcher right now..

The rich apparently didn't create the recovery. The middle class who was, and in many cases still is, in arguably their worst situation since the great depression somehow managed to find enough money to create a recovery.

Not the rich who have that kind of money REGARDLESS. No. The 'average folks' did.

And I'm not supposed to laugh my ass off at such a thing.

They're the same dipshits who've vilified Greenspan for playing basically the same role, albeit much less ineptly.

Funny, in a tragicomic sort of way.

Time Magazines "Person of the Year"

Saved us from a Depression...not too shabby

No he didn't.

Absolutely, unequivocally, no doubt in my mind that he did.

You can fault Bernanke and the Fed for contributing to the mess and being blind to the risks, but after sitting on the desk and watching swap spreads blow out, the TED spread hit record levels, corporate bond spreads widen to Great Depression-era levels, CMBS prices collapse to levels that implied defaults on commercial mortgages multiple times the Great Depression, runs on capital pools, the collapse of the shadow banking system, stock market panic, bank runs, the collapse of venerable Wall Street firms, and the busting of the buck in money markets, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that had the Fed and the government not done what they did, Great Depression 2.0 would have happened. No doubt about it.

I have some great economic news! I found a $20.00 bill in a winter coat I just wore for the first time this season today. Dug it out from the closet, put it on, stuck my hand in the pocket and BINGO! I love it when things like this happen. I'm a lucky boy.

Time Magazines "Person of the Year"

Saved us from a Depression...not too shabby

No he didn't.

Absolutely, unequivocally, no doubt in my mind that he did.

You can fault Bernanke and the Fed for contributing to the mess and being blind to the risks, but after sitting on the desk and watching swap spreads blow out, the TED spread hit record levels, corporate bond spreads widen to Great Depression-era levels, CMBS prices collapse to levels that implied defaults on commercial mortgages multiple times the Great Depression, runs on capital pools, the collapse of the shadow banking system, stock market panic, bank runs, the collapse of venerable Wall Street firms, and the busting of the buck in money markets, there is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that had the Fed and the government not done what they did, Great Depression 2.0 would have happened. No doubt about it.
The question is, considering Bernanke is the foremost genius on inflation, and the Fed has been through many-a-bubble, were they "blind to the risks", or did they perhaps know EXACTLY what they were doing?

How many times can the Fed screw things up this badly before one starts to wonder whether or not they're knowingly complicit?

And I don't give Greenspan any less credit than I do Bernanke. Greenspan was a student of Austrian econ at one point. He knows EXACTLY how and why bubbles form. For him to have gone and done what he did monetarily before Bernanke, it makes me wonder if these bastards shouldn't be in prison right now.

They're all bankers at the end of the day, and they all take care of each other. I don't think for one second that Greenspan or Bernanke care more about any specific person in the middle class than they do about their own kind.

I'm just saying.

Obama money....Y'know, from his stash. :rolleyes:

Tell me I'm not the only one who's thinking this nodoginnafight guy is being as retarded as corky thatcher right now..

The rich apparently didn't create the recovery. The middle class who was, and in many cases still is, in arguably their worst situation since the great depression somehow managed to find enough money to create a recovery.

Not the rich who have that kind of money REGARDLESS. No. The 'average folks' did.

And I'm not supposed to laugh my ass off at such a thing.
What do want from boot licking party man toadies?

One of them was trying to pass off cap gains as something that directly benefits small business, and I practically had to get out the IRC to show them the difference between depreciation, profits and cap gains. Yet they still kept going on and on, as though their uninformed hallucinations concerning business accounting had any root in actual reality.

The question is, considering Bernanke is the foremost genius on inflation, and the Fed has been through many-a-bubble, were they "blind to the risks", or did they perhaps know EXACTLY what they were doing?

How many times can the Fed screw things up this badly before one starts to wonder whether or not they're knowingly complicit?

They are not knowingly complicit. It is silly to imply a conspiracy theory.

Bernanke is not a foremost genius on inflation. He is a foremost genius on the Great Depression.

And I don't give Greenspan any less credit than I do Bernanke. Greenspan was a student of Austrian econ at one point. He knows EXACTLY how and why bubbles form. For him to have gone and done what he did monetarily before Bernanke, it makes me wonder if these bastards shouldn't be in prison right now.

You assume that the Austrian school of economics has all the answers, and thus Greenspan should have discarded everything he learned beyond the Austrian school.

The academics who believe strongly in the efficacy of free markets believe that bubbles either cannot happen or cannot be identified. This line of thinking assumes that people are rational and that markets are rational, and rational markets do not have bubbles. Greenspan made numerous statements to this effect over the years as Chairman of the FOMC.

I am of the opinion that the Fed is the number one cause of this mess. However, I do have some sympathy for Greenspan and Bernanke. They believe, with good reason, that the Great Depression was triggered by the Fed. They also believed, again with good reason, that using the Fed to pop a bubble could have enormous negative ramifications for the economy far beyond the damage of a collapsed bubble. Their example was the Great Depression.

Bernanke is not a foremost genius on inflation. He is a foremost genius on the Great Depression.
Genius my ass....If Baghdad Ben has shown anything, it's that he learned next to nothing about monetary buffoonery that brought about the depression. Peter Schiff has eaten his lunch as the know-nothing he is at virtually every turn.

Also, ol' Ben has been lying out his ass about the Fed not monetizing the debt.

Genius my ass....If Baghdad Ben has shown anything, it's that he learned next to nothing about monetary buffoonery that brought about the depression. Peter Schiff has eaten his lunch as the know-nothing he is at virtually every turn.

Also, ol' Ben has been lying out his ass about the Fed not monetizing the debt.

If we listened to Peter Schiff, we would be in another Great Depression. Raising interest rates now is absolutely insane.

Just in time for the holiday season..

Dow at 8150 in late January

Up to 10460 today!

The Dow is up 49% since the passing of the stimulus in February!

While I'm extremely happy that the Dow is up I thought the thrust of the Stimulus was to get the economy moving and primarily to get the American people jobs.

The President and the Libs are patting themselves on the back, look at Mr. B+ himself....
Before this guy gets another award as the greatest President ever let's get the people working then they can praise themselves all they want. :eusa_eh:

Tell me this...

WHAT MONEY did these 'average folks' invest? I mean, you DID say they invested the money they earned...that much is clearly typed out above...

WHAT MONEY did they invest?
The poster could be alluding to 401k's or other INVESTMENT plans...

-OR- Their Sweat Equity in trying to HOLD ON to their Jobs?

But either is rather difficult with Government in the way as they are NOW.

Forum List

Back