Even more Economic Good News: Dow Jones up 28% since January

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Just in time for the holiday season..

Dow at 8150 in late January

Up to 10460 today!

The Dow is up 49% since the passing of the stimulus in February!

Wonder who all those 401K, IRA, holders are who have recouped more than $4 TRILLION - oh yeah moms and pops.

I know people with jobs and retirement accounts may SEEM like "fat cats" to someone who eats out of garbage cans. But they really aren't.

Last edited:
Mom and Pop on main street aren't suffering when the DOW is up, everyone knows that.

The DOW is the leading economic indicator.

The economy looks great from MY house.

Just in time for the holiday season..

Dow at 8150 in late January

Up to 10460 today!

The Dow is up 49% since the passing of the stimulus in February!

Congress drops nearly a trillion (borrowed) dollars and the market is up. Who saw that coming? :lol:

Just remember to take your money out soon before the bottom falls out again.

Wonder who all those 401K, IRA, holders are who have recouped more than $4 TRILLION - oh yeah moms and pops.

I know people with jobs and retirement accounts may SEEM like "fat cats" to someone who eats out of garbage cans. But they really aren't.

Are those the same people who will almost assuredly let their reitrement accounts crash NEXT time around, too?

You know, those majority of people who have no clue how to manage their own investments?

Or maybe we'll get lucky and the market will never crash again :rolleyes:

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the stimulus. It is just a coincidence that the Dow Jones reversed its crash within two weeks of the passing of the Stimulus. I guess President Obama just got lucky here because the economy was going to fix itself anyway

garbage in - garbage out. Can't really expect more.

Nice to see you haven't lost any of your knack for reading without comprehension.

Looks like my retirement plan is getting back on track

But I guess that is depressing news for those who root for the economy to fail

I'm sure this has nothing to do with the stimulus. It is just a coincidence that the Dow Jones reversed its crash within two weeks of the passing of the Stimulus. I guess President Obama just got lucky here because the economy was going to fix itself anyway
It has everything to do with the stimulis, but not in the way you think, halfwit.

The un-stimulating succubus bill re-inflated already overvalued equities, by just printing up a bunch of money. But inflated stock values don't create one dime's worth of produced wealth.

But I guess everything you "know" about economics you heard from Jim Cramer, huh? :cuckoo:

LOL - whatever it takes to spin up a cloud to go along with a silver lining ......

When you've invested your political future on failure - you can't expect them to admit a success - no matter how incremental.

It would be a lot more funny if it weren't so pathetic

Your retirement account would most likely never have taken a hit if you'd had any fucking clue how to manage your money.

Enjoy your recovered value while it lasts. Maybe next time around you'll be wiser and move your money accordingly.

Your retirement account would most likely never have taken a hit if you'd had any fucking clue how to manage your money.

Enjoy your recovered value while it lasts. Maybe next time around you'll be wiser and move your money accordingly.

Me too!

Rode the damn market up and rode it down too.

Recovered most of what I have lost though

It has everything to do with the stimulis, but not in the way you think, halfwit.

The un-stimulating succubus bill re-inflated already overvalued equities, by just printing up a bunch of money. But inflated stock values don't create one dime's worth of produced wealth.

But I guess everything you "know" about economics you heard from Jim Cramer, huh? :cuckoo:

QFT
With interest rates at virtually zero there were no good investments so why not pile money into stocks, which had been beaten down.
When rates go up (and they will unless there's an inflation that will make Carter's look like stability) the market will tank. It is over-valued now.

Me too!

Rode the damn market up and rode it down too.

Recovered most of what I have lost though

Are you being ignorant on purpose?

If you'd educated yourself about econ back in '07 you'd have seen the writing on the wall and moved your money around to safer positions.

There's no reason for people to have lost so much other than apathy.

Next time you see an asset class, or classes, rising in value at a ridiculous pace, you'll hopefully have the foresight to recognize a bubble about to burst and move your money to deflationary safe havens.

As for now, ride the inflation. Because it's coming.

Forum List

Back