Even Liberals Know The Truth

Wow, I'm honored that someone has followed my posts enough to know where I stand on the issues. Tell me, where do I stand on:
  • Identity politics
  • Obamacare
  • Political Correctness
  • Business
  • Regulation
  • Public sector unions
  • Dodd Frank
  • The size, scope, depth and breadth of government
Since you claim to know, I wonder how you would consider me a partisan leftwinger.

Go ahead, let me have it, looking forward to it.

Don't you think that the cartoon that you selected to give your analysis of Kristof's revealing piece, pretty much gives your political location?

Or...did you simply make a mistake in choosing same?

It's quite consistent, I use that little cartoon whenever someone from either end of the spectrum pretends to have a vice-like grip on The Truth. And both ends do it. Simple as that.

So....the reason you chose that was that you are too lazy to be more precise....and you felt it was appropriate even though you now claim to agree with most of his precis?

Really?

Further, I don't " pretend to have a vice-like grip on The Truth."
Rather, I provide the truth.
Proof?
Where have you shown any errors?

See what I mean?

So....you find yourself regularly drawn to the boring?

Once again....the dunce is 'Hoist with his own petard.'

Once again, only armed with a bag of stupid insults. Give it up, you embarrass yourself, or you would if you had any cop on.

Dunce is not a 'stupid insult'!!!

It is an accurate description!!

What would you call someone whose own words are used to hold him up to ridicule?
See what I mean?

I don’t want to say you’re stupid…..let’s just say you’ve got bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Thank you for proving my point. You are as thick as two boards.

Once again, only armed with a bag of stupid insults. Give it up, you embarrass yourself, or you would if you had any cop on.

Dunce is not a 'stupid insult'!!!

It is an accurate description!!

What would you call someone whose own words are used to hold him up to ridicule?
See what I mean?

I don’t want to say you’re stupid…..let’s just say you’ve got bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Thank you for proving my point. You are as thick as two boards.

Oh...gee....that was so kind of you, NoNoodles, to mention my membership on

The Board of Higher Education,

and the Board of Governors of the National Hockey League....

I'd be remiss if I didn't offer my congratulations, as well:
Kudos on being named key note speaker at Pest-Control Expo!

Would you like me to refer to you in the future by your honorary title, "The Grand Pediculus"?
Just say the word!

Last edited:
How absurd is this posts in this thread? PoliticalChic write a OP that is spot on and instead of debating the OP the progressives just scream republican hate the poor.......How the fuck do you progressives even tie your shoes?

The poor are a drain on society, so, so is many other factors, but PC is only concerned about one, and always feels the need to pointfingers at progressives, yet when the GOP controlls all the departments and has a chance to change the system, they never do. Same with the budget deficit, the GOP has done nothing to reform or exterminate the debt, they simply keep adding to it.

The poor are a drain on society, so, so is many other factors, but PC is only concerned about one, and always feels the need to pointfingers at progressives, yet when the GOP controlls all the departments and has a chance to change the system, they never do. Same with the budget deficit, the GOP has done nothing to reform or exterminate the debt, they simply keep adding to it.
More proof progressives dont know shit about how the government works.

On the Right, we’ve known all along that the ‘welfare system’ is not only fraudulent in principle, but debilitating for those who participate. Now, inveterate Liberal NYTimes writere Nicholas Kristof adds his degree of exactitude.

I challenge any who read this not to feel the pain in their hearts; Progressives will not admit the truth.

The take-away is that much of the solution is what conservatives have been saying for decades.

1. “THIS is what poverty sometimes looks like in America: parents here in Appalachian hill country pulling their children out of literacy classes. Moms and dads fear that if kids learn to read, they are less likely to qualify for a monthly check for having an intellectual disability…. the Supplemental Security Income program….

a. About four decades ago, most of the children S.S.I. covered had severe physical handicaps or mental retardation that made it difficult for parents to hold jobs — about 1 percent of all poor children. But now 55 percent of the disabilities it covers are fuzzier intellectual disabilities short of mental retardation, where the diagnosis is less clear-cut. More than 1.2 million children across America — a full 8 percent of all low-income children — are now enrolled in S.S.I. as disabled, at an annual cost of more than $9 billion.

b. That is a burden on taxpayers, of course, but it can be even worse for children whose families have a huge stake in their failing in school…. condemned to a life of poverty on the dole — and that’s the outcome of a program intended to fight poverty.

c. But the bottom line is that we shouldn’t try to fight poverty with a program that sometimes perpetuates it.

2. This is painful for a liberal to admit, but conservatives have a point when they suggest that America’s safety net can sometimes entangle people in a soul-crushing dependency.

3. Some young people here don’t join the military (a traditional escape route for poor, rural Americans) because it’s easier to rely on food stamps and disability payments.

4. Antipoverty programs also discourage marriage: In a means-tested program like S.S.I., a woman raising a child may receive a bigger check if she refrains from marrying that hard-working guy she likes. Yet marriage is one of the best forces to blunt poverty. In married couple households only one child in 10 grows up in poverty, while almost half do in single-mother households.

5. ‘The greatest challenge we face as educators is how to break that dependency on government.’… a tentative lesson from the field is that while we need safety nets, the focus should be instead on creating opportunity —

6. I don’t want to suggest that America’s antipoverty programs are a total failure. On the contrary, they are making a significant difference. Nearly all homes here in the Appalachian hill country now have electricity and running water, and people aren’t starving.

7. Our political system has created a particularly robust safety net for the elderly, focused on Social Security and Medicare — because the elderly vote. This safety net has brought down the poverty rate among the elderly from about 35 percent in 1959 to under 9 percent today.

8. Of American families living in poverty today, 8 out of 10 have air-conditioning, and a majority have a washing machine and dryer. Nearly all have microwave ovens. What they don’t have is hope.

9. A growing body of careful research suggests that the most effective strategy is to work early on children and education, and to try to encourage and sustain marriage.

10. I don’t want to write anybody off, but I admit that efforts to help Ms. McCormick may end with a mixed record. But those twin boys she’s carrying? There’s time to transform their lives, and they — and millions like them — should be a national priority. They’re too small to fail.” http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/o...d=2&adxnnlx=1355241766-9YB8/+T5s0YnaFOVSnoFHg

I suggest that those in charge are not oblivious to the solutions suggested in Kristof's piece....so the perceptive on the Left, many of whom made the mistaken votes in the election, should ask themselves why they've been lied to.

And...perhaps....ask why this article wasn't printed prior to the election.....

Gee, Sounds familiar doesn't it?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/227696-even-obama-knows-the-end-is-near.html#post5415612
Obama won.
America lost.

Enjoy your sour grapes. In the mean time...scoreboard.

Here, let me teach you a new term:

Pyrrhic Victory

A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with such a devastating cost that it carries the implication that another such victory will ultimately lead to defeat. Someone who wins a Pyrrhic victory has been victorious in some way; however, the heavy toll negates any sense of achievement or profit.
Pyrrhic victory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You sit there cheering the demise of the greatest nation this world has ever seen.

You should change your avi to the Cheshire Cat.

The only reason welfare exists in the U.S. is to prevent the masses from rioting. Take away meager welfare payments (and the huge U.S. imprisoned population), and the entire nation will come unglued.

so, let 'er rip.

1. "The only reason welfare exists in the U.S. is to prevent the masses from rioting."
[citation needed]

2. "...meager welfare payments ..."
"In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year"
In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year | ZeroHedge

3. "... U.S. imprisoned population..."
Have room in your place?

4. "...and the entire nation will come unglued."
There is an old saying:
"We can only judge others by ourselves."

No greater proof is necessary than your post.

I don't desire proof. History will tell the tale.

The problem with your position, PC, is that it is dominated by policies created for and by sociopaths. That's why there is so little communication between "right wingers" and "liberals;" sociopathic right wingers seek money, fame, and power. Liberals aren't driven that way.

What in the name of the blessed baby Jesus is that collection of words supposed to mean?

It means sparky, that the one keeping people down is the one who is putting a cap on the allowable success of entrepreneurs - your little tin god, Barack Obama, who seeks to cut off the ladder of success at $250,000 a year for a family, by imposing stiff taxation above that level. Basically pulling up the ladder behind him to ensure no one else achieves the level that his cronies and he enjoy.

Were you homeschooled by any chance?

Undergrad from a state college, masters from a private university.

Where did you earn your 4th grade education?

Someone wasted a lot of tuition money on you because you are about as ignorant a fuck as there is on this board.

The taxation on taxable income over 250,000 goes from 35 to 39 percent.

That means for every extra $1000 of taxable income you have over 250,000,

you pay an extra 40 bucks in tax from what you pay now.

The only reason welfare exists in the U.S. is to prevent the masses from rioting. Take away meager welfare payments (and the huge U.S. imprisoned population), and the entire nation will come unglued.

so, let 'er rip.

1. "The only reason welfare exists in the U.S. is to prevent the masses from rioting."
[citation needed]

2. "...meager welfare payments ..."
"In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year"
In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year | ZeroHedge

3. "... U.S. imprisoned population..."
Have room in your place?

4. "...and the entire nation will come unglued."
There is an old saying:
"We can only judge others by ourselves."

No greater proof is necessary than your post.

I don't desire proof. History will tell the tale.

The problem with your position, PC, is that it is dominated by policies created for and by sociopaths. That's why there is so little communication between "right wingers" and "liberals;" sociopathic right wingers seek money, fame, and power. Liberals aren't driven that way.

did you eat paint chips as a kid?

why anyone would waste more than 15 seconds responding to political chunklet's ignorant screeds beggars the imagination.

It's weird how every thread she starts creates the impression that she would like to have a serious fact based debate on the topic,

but the moment anyone disagrees with anything she's posted,

she simply responds with the same set of lame worn out personal attacks that she's been using for years.

Antipoverty programs.

Welfare.

Liberalism.

Now, if you insist that this thread is about taxes, I'll play: a vote for Obama was a vote for higher taxes.

Did you vote for higher taxes as well as welfare and oppression?

How much and in what category have your taxes gone up since Obama was elected?

Be specific.

Taxes hidden in ObamaCare, more than half of which affect families earning less than $250,000 a year:

The new taxes, which cost some $675 billion over the next decade, include:

• A 2.3% excise tax on U.S. sales of medical devices that's already devastating the medical supply industry and its workforce. The levy is a $20 billion blow to an industry that employs roughly 400,000.
Several major manufacturers have been roiled, including: Michigan-based Stryker Corp., which blames the tax for 1,000 layoffs; Indiana-based Zimmer Corp., which cites the tax in laying off 450 and taking a $50 million charge against earnings; Indiana-based Cook Medical Inc., which has scrubbed plans to open a U.S. factory; Minnesota-based Medtronic Inc., which expects an annual charge against earnings of $175 million, and Boston Scientific Corp., which has opted to open plants in tax-friendlier Ireland and China to help offset a $100 million charge against earnings.
Subscribe to the IBD Editorials Podcast
• A 3.8% surtax on investment income from capital gains and dividends that applies to single filers earning more than $200,000 and married couples filing jointly earning more than $250,000.
• A $50,000 excise tax on charitable hospitals that fail to meet new "community health assessment needs," "financial assistance" and other rules set by the Health and Human Services Dept.
• A $24 billion tax on the paper industry to control a pollutant known as black liquor.
• A $2.3 billion-a-year tax on drug companies.
• A 10% excise tax on indoor tanning salons.
• An $87 billion hike in Medicare payroll taxes for employees, as well as the self-employed.
• A hike in the threshold for writing off medical expenses to 10% of adjusted gross income from 7.5%.
• A new cap on flexible spending accounts of $2,500 a year.
• Elimination of the tax deduction for employer-provided prescription drug coverage for Medicare recipients.
• An income surtax of 1% of adjusted gross income, rising to 2.5% by 2016, on individuals who refuse to go along with ObamaCare by buying a policy not OK'd by the government.
• A $2,000 tax charged to employers with 50 or more workers for every full-time worker not offered health coverage.
• A $60 billion tax on health insurers.
• A 40% excise tax on so-called Cadillac, or higher cost, health insurance plans.
All told, there are 21 new or higher taxes imposed by Obama's health care law — and 21 more reasons to repeal it.

Read More At IBD: ObamaCare's 21 New Taxes Are 21 More Reasons To Repeal The Onerous Law - Investors.com

No, I asked how YOUR taxes have gone up specifically. You know, those numbers on your tax forms you file every year.

1. The OP is about the welfare system.
You are the poster child for A.D.D.

The commercial is over....you can go back to Duck Dynasty.

2. "You choose to live in a high tax city within a high tax state."
What makes you suggest that I don't have homes in several locales?
I'm in this one currently because the car-elevator is being put in some of the
others.

You make a conscious free choice to live in a high tax city in a high tax state.

You have a problem with taxes, but will do nothing to improve your own situation.

Antipoverty programs.

Welfare.

Liberalism.

Now, if you insist that this thread is about taxes, I'll play: a vote for Obama was a vote for higher taxes.

Do you choose to live in NYC because you support the merits of NY's tax system,

or is it because you don't have the initiative and ambition to move?

Someone wasted a lot of tuition money on you because you are about as ignorant a fuck as there is on this board.

The sad thing is that not only do I understand economics, finance, and business; I also have a far deeper understanding of Marx and Mussolini, who are the basis of the political positions you ignorantly hold.

The taxation on taxable income over 250,000 goes from 35 to 39 percent.

A small business penalty designed to cap the growth of independent companies and ensure that the Bourgeoisie do not achieve the levels of success that you of the left reserve for the well connected aristocracy that supports and surrounds Obama.

That means for every extra $1000 of taxable income you have over 250,000,

you pay an extra 40 bucks in tax from what you pay now.

Which for many small businesses is the extent of the profit margin.

This is an open assault on small business by the entrenched, ruling elite - promoted by Barack Obama.

[
Which for many small businesses is the extent of the profit margin.

Show us how that would happen. With specifics.

images
there you go.... look at Detroit see How glorious your policies are....

Show us how that would happen. With specifics.

Show me that you have a functioning brain cell, with specifics..

{A. Most small businesses are what's known as "pass-through" or "flow-through" companies. That means the company itself doesn't pay taxes on what it makes. Owners report the income on their personal tax returns. These companies include sole proprietorships, partnerships and what are called S corporations (named for a provision of the federal tax code). The income is taxed according to the owner's tax rate. So single business owners with income of $200,000 or more and those whose households have income of $250,000 or more will see their taxes rise next year. There are no exact numbers on how many small businesses are pass-through companies, but the National Federation of Independent Business estimates that 75% of small businesses pay taxes that way.}

From a far left source;

Q&A: Looming small business tax hike explained

Forum List

Back