Even Joe Scarborough Stunned By Romney's Ability To Lie So Openly

Heritage Legal Memo: Welfare Reform's Work Requirements Cannot Be Waived

Section 407 enumerates 12 “work activities”—including subsidized and unsubsidized employment, on-the-job training, and vocational training—that satisfy the state and individual work requirements. It specified the number of hours per week that family members would be required to work to be considered “participating in work activities.” It put a hard cap of 30 percent on the proportion of a state’s welfare recipients who could participate in educational activities and still be counted as engaged in work. Finally, the law requires HHS to oversee and verify states’ compliance with all work requirements.

Welfare Reform's Work Requirements Cannot be Waived

If they can't be waived, they can be redefined. Getting a massage now qualifies as work.

What? Suddenly Perry is not an idiot or a liar?.....:eusa_whistle:

Perry was a loser, but he was a true conservative. Romney beat ALL the conservatives for the GOP nomination. He did it by lying and distorting everything and everyone.

:lol:

i love the double standard, anything else Perry would say, (keep in mind hes religious) and Perry is wrong, Perry has an (a word libs hate) opinion and all of a sudden hes quotable.

Love the standards of the left.

the left? :cuckoo:

A broken clock is right twice a day

Bottom line is Romney will say anything to try to get elected and then when he doesn't keep his promises and/or morphs into a differenct stance, his fans will see what he is really like. He doesn't want to help this country because if he did, he would explain his plans in more detail and he would not have some of the ideas he does. What he and the republicans DO want to do is control everything.

Joe Scarborough has explained that he was "stunned" by the ads' demonstrable falseness -- the Romney camp has forfeited any hope of pivoting to the "high road" in response to future Obama attacks.

“I’ve been looking for a week-and-a-half to try to figure out the basis of this welfare reform ad, I’ve scoured the Wall Street Journal editorial pages, I’ve scoured.... the ad’s completely false. It’s just completely false. And I’m pretty stunned.”

At Least One Media Figure Is Calling Out Romney For His Welfare Lies: Joe Scarborough | The New Republic

The real strategy behind Romney's (lying) welfare ads - CBS News

:cool:

Obama ended the work requirement

When you switch on the Obama context filter you get a whole different meaning

He allowed alternatives to the work requirement, which is allowed under the law.

Sorry, not the same thing.

But I have a great solution. Have EVERYONE on welfare do a job. The government will find something for them to do. They willl not be fun jobs, but they will be something useful, the the WPA or CCC during the Great Depression.

And we tax the wealthy at an appropriate rate to pay for it.

Any takers?

He is suppose to be a conservative??????

Sure he is :lol: he's not even a RINO anymore just a MSNBC joke!

Ronald Reagan would be a "RINO" by modern Teabagging Standards.

I disagree that's a made up lie from the left the tea party is proof we think most Republicans are rinos worthy of ousting along with all wasteful tax and spend libs. There are few true cons we would still welcome Reagan of course.
:eusa_hand:

Last edited:

Joe Scarborough has explained that he was "stunned" by the ads' demonstrable falseness -- the Romney camp has forfeited any hope of pivoting to the "high road" in response to future Obama attacks.

“I’ve been looking for a week-and-a-half to try to figure out the basis of this welfare reform ad, I’ve scoured the Wall Street Journal editorial pages, I’ve scoured.... the ad’s completely false. It’s just completely false. And I’m pretty stunned.”

At Least One Media Figure Is Calling Out Romney For His Welfare Lies: Joe Scarborough | The New Republic

The real strategy behind Romney's (lying) welfare ads - CBS News

Who the fuck is Joe Scarborough?

He is suppose to be a conservative??????

Sure he is :lol: he's not even a RINO anymore just a MSNBC joke!

Ronald Reagan would be a "RINO" by modern Teabagging Standards.

I see you're applying the "if you say a lie enough times, it'll eventually become the truth" standard. It ain't going to work though dude. Reagan lines up quite well with the Tea Party and we all know it. Only asshole losers like yourself tell us otherwise.

I see you're applying the "if you say a lie enough times, it'll eventually become the truth" standard. It ain't going to work though dude. Reagan lines up quite well with the Tea Party and we all know it. Only asshole losers like yourself tell us otherwise.

The fictional imaginary Reagan you were too young to remember does.

The one who was president from 1981 to 1989-

Signed an Amnesty for 3 million illegal aliens.
reformed social security by increasing taxes.
Raised taxes in 1986 after realizing they had been cut too far.
Appointed moderates (O'Connor, Kennedy) to the Supreme Court and to a lot of lower courts.
Flipped off Israel by visiting the Bittburg Military Cemetary in Germany.
Comprimised with the Democrats. Frequently.

I could go on, but the fact is, Reagan was a pragmatic leader in the real world, who had the authority to snap back the extremists in his own ranks.

Romney cowers in fear of LImbaugh, Fischer, and Norquist.

Bottom line is Romney will say anything to try to get elected and then when he doesn't keep his promises and/or morphs into a differenct stance, his fans will see what he is really like. He doesn't want to help this country because if he did, he would explain his plans in more detail and he would not have some of the ideas he does. What he and the republicans DO want to do is control everything.

Are you stupid by birth or do you have to work at it. Which candidate is going around the country with a whiteboard discussing his plans with real numbers and which candidate is running from his dismal record and using negative ads to obfuscate? And do try to tell the truth when you answer.

Forum List

Back