Even if Romney mops up Obama in the last 2 debates

will it be too late ?

Heard Obama has already won Ohio with the earlly votes

No. :lol: The early voter angle is frankly laughable. CCJ nailed that one on the nose on his post below. It will come down to what voters decide on election day and the early voting might swing things a point at most.

Right now I agree with edictec that right now Obama would probably still pull of a narrow win, but if we accept your postulate: "Romney mops the floor with Obama over the next two debates" then Obama will get destroyed. All Obama's leads in the swing states have been pretty much wiped out. One more Romney victory and it will be very difficult for Obama to win this.
i think one more romney clear debate victory and sadly i think us liberals will admit defeat and conservatives have won.

he can,t afford obama a another bad debate. if he does again it all over for him.

It would certainly be tough for Obama to come back if he gets throttled again. I am of two minds about which remaining debate is the most important. If Romney wins next week...even just a win, not necessarily a hammering...Obama is going to need the debate from almighty God to get out of it...BUT the last debate will be the one freshest in people's minds when they enter the voting booth.

I think the format next week favors Obama as it's a town hall style where he can use his charm and ability to connect with the average Joe to his advantage. The last one is a format and a topic (foreign policy) that really favors Romney. It's going to be interesting to watch for sure.

Yea__ Romney has a great shot at Ohio; and frankly there are scenarios in which he can lose Ohio and still win the election. For instance, Penn has two more electoral votes and its in play. Other states are swingable as well.

Possible...but boy I just can't realistically imagine a situation where Romney loses Ohio but takes the more liberal Pennsylvania. Romney needs Florida, Virginia, North Carolina...all those are looking like wins for him at this point (remember how quickly one debate changed the game....Obama can reverse it just as quickly with a huge win next week). He needs Ohio and that's still up in the air but trending toward Romney....then he needs one more state between Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, or Nevada. My guess is that Iowa or Colorado are his best chances there. Colorado seems to be trending toward Romney strongly so that may be it...but at the end of the day it really comes down to Ohio.

If obama loses the next debate, this election is effectively over. obama thinks he won the last debate. He doesn't see the need of changing his strategy. He thinks he can win by attacking Romney when it should be clear that the attack cow has given its last drop of milk. He's being tuned out. Its more of the same old same old. The people have moved on. obama hasn't. When the voters ask what will you do, obama says Romney doesn't like Big Bird.

If obama loses the next debate, this election is effectively over. obama thinks he won the last debate. He doesn't see the need of changing his strategy. He thinks he can win by attacking Romney when it should be clear that the attack cow has given its last drop of milk. He's being tuned out. Its more of the same old same old. The people have moved on. obama hasn't. When the voters ask what will you do, obama says Romney doesn't like Big Bird.

Well for once I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I think we underestimate our opponent at our peril. That was the mistake Obama and the Democrats made last week.

Yea__ Romney has a great shot at Ohio; and frankly there are scenarios in which he can lose Ohio and still win the election. For instance, Penn has two more electoral votes and its in play. Other states are swingable as well.

Possible...but boy I just can't realistically imagine a situation where Romney loses Ohio but takes the more liberal Pennsylvania. Romney needs Florida, Virginia, North Carolina...all those are looking like wins for him at this point (remember how quickly one debate changed the game....Obama can reverse it just as quickly with a huge win next week). He needs Ohio and that's still up in the air but trending toward Romney....then he needs one more state between Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, or Nevada. My guess is that Iowa or Colorado are his best chances there. Colorado seems to be trending toward Romney strongly so that may be it...but at the end of the day it really comes down to Ohio.

The conventional wisdom was that Romney needed Ohio when Obama was looking better in Wisconsin and Colorado and some other states. Obviously, Mitt really needs/wants to win Ohio. But there are scenarios in which he could lose it and still win the election. That'd be interesting b/c a president hasn't won an election w/o Ohio since 1960.

Forum List

Back