Even if Romney mops up Obama in the last 2 debates

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
will it be too late ?

Heard Obama has already won Ohio with the earlly votes

will it be too late ?

‘Too late’ depends on one’s partisan perspective, of course.

But the idea that early voters who voted for Obama would come to ‘regret’ their votes after the last two debates is nonsense, early voters are more motivated and partisan; they would have voted for the president regardless his debate performance.

I suspect the election is still undecided.

I think Obama still has a modest margin over Mitt, but there's still time for another shocking revelation to come along that might tip the balance one way or the other.

will it be too late ?

No. :lol: The early voter angle is frankly laughable. CCJ nailed that one on the nose on his post below. It will come down to what voters decide on election day and the early voting might swing things a point at most.

Right now I agree with edictec that right now Obama would probably still pull of a narrow win, but if we accept your postulate: "Romney mops the floor with Obama over the next two debates" then Obama will get destroyed. All Obama's leads in the swing states have been pretty much wiped out. One more Romney victory and it will be very difficult for Obama to win this.

The early voting in Ohio still had enough to mull over. Fast & Furious, Solyndra and Cronyism, Benghazi debacle, White House Leaks. Although the state of Ohio is a prominent Union State, the turning of the back on Wisconsin from Obama might have led some to think twice before marking that ballot.

The Independents most likely did not send those ballots in, waiting for the debates and more info on the Congressional Hearings and more from Romney in the debates. Ohio still much in play.

will it be too late ?

No. :lol: The early voter angle is frankly laughable. CCJ nailed that one on the nose on his post below. It will come down to what voters decide on election day and the early voting might swing things a point at most.

Right now I agree with edictec that right now Obama would probably still pull of a narrow win, but if we accept your postulate: "Romney mops the floor with Obama over the next two debates" then Obama will get destroyed. All Obama's leads in the swing states have been pretty much wiped out. One more Romney victory and it will be very difficult for Obama to win this.
i think one more romney clear debate victory and sadly i think us liberals will admit defeat and conservatives have won.

he can,t afford obama a another bad debate. if he does again it all over for him.

The early voting in Ohio still had enough to mull over. Fast & Furious, Solyndra and Cronyism, Benghazi debacle, White House Leaks. Although the state of Ohio is a prominent Union State, the turning of the back on Wisconsin from Obama might have led some to think twice before marking that ballot.

The Independents most likely did not send those ballots in, waiting for the debates and more info on the Congressional Hearings and more from Romney in the debates. Ohio still much in play.
if romney wins ohio you fancy him to win the whole thing really. Obama deep down must win ohio to have any chance at all.

I think Obama still has a modest margin over Mitt, but there's still time for another shocking revelation to come along that might tip the balance one way or the other.
Promblem is swing states moving romney way leaving obama with little margin for error. he must clean midwest up really and win ohio . looks bad for him in virgina, flordia and some other swing states at present.

debate had massive effect and i just wish obama could go back in time and do that debate all over again.

Yea__ Romney has a great shot at Ohio; and frankly there are scenarios in which he can lose Ohio and still win the election. For instance, Penn has two more electoral votes and its in play. Other states are swingable as well.

All of that said, if Romney sweeps the debates, Obama's goose is cooked.

Yea__ Romney has a great shot at Ohio; and frankly there are scenarios in which he can lose Ohio and still win the election. For instance, Penn has two more electoral votes and its in play. Other states are swingable as well.

yep . all presure on obama. If he has another bad two debates then the election is over and romney won.

Romney winning ohio would end election alltogether anyway. even if he does not win, he winning in most swing states anyway.

odds for obama not looking good. really it be like a soccer game in uk. Romney leads 4-1 at half time and as long as he makes no major mistakes he win with ease

yep . all presure on obama. If he has another bad two debates then the election is over and romney won.

Romney winning ohio would end election alltogether anyway. even if he does not win, he winning in most swing states anyway.

odds for obama not looking good. really it be like a soccer game in uk. Romney leads 4-1 at half time and as long as he makes no major mistakes he win with ease

Dems have to be nervous b/c the third and final debate is on foreign affairs and Obama is looking like a nincompoop in that area. If there's any ray of hope it's that Ryan didn't really burn Biden in that department; though he might have if he called him out on his 'I didn't vote for the wars' comment.

Dems have to be nervous b/c the third and final debate is on foreign affairs and Obama is looking like a nincompoop in that area. If there's any ray of hope it's that Ryan didn't really burn Biden in that department; though he might have if he called him out on his 'I didn't vote for the wars' comment.
well obama not been all bad on foregin affairs. He did order killing of bin laden and help lead end of libya worst dictator.

but you are right it looks weaker this year as whole mess up over libya attacks in september was mishandled by state department and obama. He going to be questioned loads about that in thrid debate and that will cause him promblems. Romney going to go after him big style on that

he really need to find line to address that issue before the debate otherwise he in deep trouble . They been very bad at communicating what went on .

So it great meat for conservatives and media to hit him with

Promblem is swing states moving romney way leaving obama with little margin for error. he must clean midwest up really and win ohio . looks bad for him in virgina, flordia and some other swing states at present.

debate had massive effect and i just wish obama could go back in time and do that debate all over again.

Why? Obama felt he won that debate.

well he didn,t and if he could see in to future and see how badly he do i am sure he would not repeat same weak peformance. But it too late now and maybe too late for any chances he has of reelection even if he improves in next two debates sadly.

I once thought I gave a great speech and then I saw it on tape and thought it was the worst speech I ever saw. That said, I don't think they're exactly the same situation and at Obama's point in his career he should more/less immediately know if he's performed well or poorly.

One thing about it, you don't know if Obama really thought he won or if he's just trying to portray belief in himself no matter what. My guess is, he knew he didn't do great. Then again, I've misunderestimated him in the past lol.

I once thought I gave a great speech and then I saw it on tape and thought it was the worst speech I ever saw. That said, I don't think they're exactly the same situation and at Obama's point in his career he should more/less immediately know if he's performed well or poorly.

One thing about it, you don't know if Obama really thought he won or if he's just trying to portray belief in himself no matter what. My guess is, he knew he didn't do great. Then again, I've misunderestimated him in the past lol.
i think deep down he knew it was not a great peformance but i think it was only when he went off stage ad spoke to his key advisors did his know how badly it went down.

i heard in reports michelle was quite honest with him about his peformance . I think you could see that at end of debate as she did not look very happy while romney camp were full of smiles on stage.

Forum List

Back