Even FOX is a shill for Obama

nomdeplume

Jun 18, 2008
Not a sinlge person on that network has offered any criticism of the hypocrite-in-chief Obama on energy policy/affordability.

When Clinton and McCain were saying they were for a summer moratorium on gas taxes, Obama criticized their plans as gimmickry and short term politics-- washington politics as usual. Now he says he is against domestic drilling by claiming that "we won't see a change in price today, tomorrow, or even 5 years from now". It will take 7-10 years for a significant impact on gas prices.
So what? What else we gonna do Obama? Pray for god to rain down petro?

Not a sinlge person on that network has offered any criticism of the hypocrite-in-chief Obama on energy policy/affordability.

When Clinton and McCain were saying they were for a summer moratorium on gas taxes, Obama criticized their plans as gimmickry and short term politics-- washington politics as usual. Now he says he is against domestic drilling by claiming that "we won't see a change in price today, tomorrow, or even 5 years from now". It will take 7-10 years for a significant impact on gas prices.

Upon further review, Hillary's and McCain's little plan wouldn't amount to much. What's to stop the gas companies from keeping the price the same and putting the extra coin in their pockets and not ours? In THAT regard, I actually agree with Obama.

I do not agree with putting off domestic drilling. It's BEEN put off with that same old excuse for the past 30 years. Had we started then, we'd already have been online for 20 of those years.

The question is "where?"

One item of interest I read awhile back is that most of our domestic oil wells are still 1/3 full. The bottom third costs more to refine because it's dirtier oil, so the oil corps just capped the wells rather than cut into their profits to refine it.

So long as the oil corporations operate solely on self-interest and no concern for the nation, this isn't going to go anywhere.

Upon further review, Hillary's and McCain's little plan wouldn't amount to much. What's to stop the gas companies from keeping the price the same and putting the extra coin in their pockets and not ours? In THAT regard, I actually agree with Obama.

I do not agree with putting off domestic drilling. It's BEEN put off with that same old excuse for the past 30 years. Had we started then, we'd already have been online for 20 of those years.

The question is "where?"

One item of interest I read awhile back is that most of our domestic oil wells are still 1/3 full. The bottom third costs more to refine because it's dirtier oil, so the oil corps just capped the wells rather than cut into their profits to refine it.

So long as the oil corporations operate solely on self-interest and no concern for the nation, this isn't going to go anywhere.

While I agree with you about the oil companies, and I'm certainly no friend to them, I am a friend of free market business, and the oil companies should be free to make whatever decisions they want regarding their profits, legally of course.

Where we go wrong, is expecting the government to step in and do something about it, rather than us as citizens doing something about it OURSELVES. We can set our OWN prices within the free market by controlling our own consumption at the pump, amongst other things. The oil companies don't just profit from gasoline sales. We could boycott petro-chemical plastics as well, for instance.

Why don't we just accept the responsibility as American citizens and consumers that we hold the key to our own future? Why should it always have to be the government stepping in and regulating everything FOR us? It's pretty sad, really.

We take the power we actually do have in this country for granted.

The petro industry is highly regulated and investigated for price fixing/gouging. Many people seem to be ignorant of that fact. They are not a free market entity that can raise their prices to whatever the market will bear. They can only make a certain amount of profit. If it was not regulated, we would be paying far, far more than 4-5 bucks a gallon by now.

Oh noez, not the evil oil barons. Did the spirit of Jimmy Carter possess you for a few moments? I could imagine you being a CEO and telling your stock holders that they do not have enough "concern for their nation". Your tenure would be all of half a second.

Last edited:
While I agree with you about the oil companies, and I'm certainly no friend to them, I am a friend of free market business, and the oil companies should be free to make whatever decisions they want regarding their profits, legally of course.

Where we go wrong, is expecting the government to step in and do something about it, rather than us as citizens doing something about it OURSELVES. We can set our OWN prices within the free market by controlling our own consumption at the pump, amongst other things. The oil companies don't just profit from gasoline sales. We could boycott petro-chemical plastics as well, for instance.

Why don't we just accept the responsibility as American citizens and consumers that we hold the key to our own future? Why should it always have to be the government stepping in and regulating everything FOR us? It's pretty sad, really.

We take the power we actually do have in this country for granted.

Not so simple. The price of oil is based on the world market, not just the US. If we try to boycott our own companies just sell to other countries and still get their price and we just do without for nothing. In that regard, we do not have the power you think.

There is no easy out. We are paying now for our government keeping the price of oil artificially low. Apparently, it either cannot or will not continue the practice and WE are the ones paying for it.

I notice that in this thread as well as the last one I responded to, your policies really have little regard for the little man. You want to cut military entitlements; which, will screw the junior enlisted the most. And free market capitalism that you support just put anyone that was "getting by" 6 months ago into the red.

In both instances, money is being redistributed from the little guy's pocket into the corporation's profits, while our tax dollars are going to have to support those people that got put under. When free market capitalism works against our National interest, it needs to be reined in.

The petro industry is highly regulated and investigated for price fixing/gouging. Many people seem to be ignorant of that fact. They are not a free market entity that can raise their prices to whatever the market will bear. They can only make a certain amount of profit. If it was not regulated, we would be paying far, far more than 4-5 bucks a gallon by now.

This is simply not true. Oil companies are no less a free market entity than any other business in the private sector, and they most certainly CAN set prices to what the market will accept.

By paying the prices we are offered now, we lend justification to them for the prices they charge. How long do you think gas prices would stay at $4/gal if, say, 200 million drivers parked their cars and threw away their keys?

I'm willing to bet that enough people could bike to work rather than drive, to make enough of a difference. If you travel 20 minutes to work by car, and gas prices are hurting you bad enough, then you can get up an hour earlier and leave early enough to make it to work by bicycle.

Most people are too lazy to do that, though, even though it really isn't asking that much of the nation.

Not so simple. The price of oil is based on the world market, not just the US. If we try to boycott our own companies just sell to other countries and still get their price and we just do without for nothing. In that regard, we do not have the power you think.

There is no easy out. We are paying now for our government keeping the price of oil artificially low. Apparently, it either cannot or will not continue the practice and WE are the ones paying for it.

I notice that in this thread as well as the last one I responded to, your policies really have little regard for the little man. You want to cut military entitlements; which, will screw the junior enlisted the most. And free market capitalism that you support just put anyone that was "getting by" 6 months ago into the red.

In both instances, money is being redistributed from the little guy's pocket into the corporation's profits, while our tax dollars are going to have to support those people that got put under. When free market capitalism works against our National interest, it needs to be reined in.

I pointed out your error about military entitlements in the other thread, first of all.

But do you think the oil companies are simply going to write off the American consumer, should we ever reign in our dependence on them? If they lost our business, or at least ENOUGH of it, they would be hurting badly, especially considering their profit margins are below 10%.

How much foreign consumption do you think they can add to make up for the loss of American consumption? No one can match our consumption within the markets, not just the oil markets, but MOST markets.

I suppose I should be listening to the candidates, but honestly why bother?

The difference between what they say and what they do is generally so vast there's little point.

I pointed out your error about military entitlements in the other thread, first of all.

But do you think the oil companies are simply going to write off the American consumer, should we ever reign in our dependence on them? If they lost our business, or at least ENOUGH of it, they would be hurting badly, especially considering their profit margins are below 10%.

How much foreign consumption do you think they can add to make up for the loss of American consumption? No one can match our consumption within the markets, not just the oil markets, but MOST markets.

I think the oil companies don't give a damn whether it's a dollar or yen or rupia ... just so long as the bottom line is met and if they can make the money elsewhere, they won't give a damn about us.

As foreign markets increase, so too has our importance to the market decreased, and it will continue to be that way.

Unless I misinterpretted what you are calling military entitlements, I doubt seriously you corrected me on anything.

This is simply not true. Oil companies are no less a free market entity than any other business in the private sector, and they most certainly CAN set prices to what the market will accept.

It is true. They are continually investigated. The price isn't explicitly regulated, but they are regulated. Maybe "oversight" would be a better word. We can do little about entities like OPEC, but we do constnatly investigate American companies for fixing/gouging.

By paying the prices we are offered now, we lend justification to them for the prices they charge. How long do you think gas prices would stay at $4/gal if, say, 200 million drivers parked their cars and threw away their keys?

Most people do not drive because they want to; they drive because they have to.

I'm willing to bet that enough people could bike to work rather than drive, to make enough of a difference. If you travel 20 minutes to work by car, and gas prices are hurting you bad enough, then you can get up an hour earlier and leave early enough to make it to work by bicycle.

Enough of a difference for what?

Most people are too lazy to do that, though, even though it really isn't asking that much of the nation.

OR they aren't idiots? Work another hour, get that other hour of sleep, and easily afford the price of gas? Hypotheticals are all bullshit, especially when someone packages them with some moral or ethical malarkey that is incompatible with human nature.

I only read the thread title and laughed. Fox? Are we talking about the same Fox that aired "Obama's Baby Mama" "Terrorist Fist Jab" and "Obama will be assassinated"? Comical stuff.

Fox and the republicans will continue the "ScarY black man!" rhetoric for the next 5 months.

I only read the thread title and laughed. Fox? Are we talking about the same Fox that aired "Obama's Baby Mama" "Terrorist Fist Jab" and "Obama will be assassinated"? Comical stuff.

Fox and the republicans will continue the "ScarY black man!" rhetoric for the next 5 months.

And the left will continue to deflect any and all questions and/or concerns about Obama by parroting this response instead of addressing the issue.

I couold care less about his suntan. I DO care about his leftwing politics.

And the left will continue to deflect any and all questions and/or concerns about Obama by parroting this response instead of addressing the issue.

I couold care less about his suntan. I DO care about his leftwing politics.

Aight, let's address the issue. What's the issue, first of all?

The question is "where?"

We only have maybe 6 months of oil in our grounds. I don't think we need to actually put in the effort and money towards 6 months of energy versus research to find decades of energy. Obama is spot on with energy.

It is true. They are continually investigated. The price isn't explicitly regulated, but they are regulated. Maybe "oversight" would be a better word. We can do little about entities like OPEC, but we do constnatly investigate American companies for fixing/gouging.
Why don't you make your case that oil companies are either price fixing, or gouging then.

Most people do not drive because they want to; they drive because they have to.
I strongly doubt that the word "most" can be used there. Maybe "some". What's the average distance travelled to work in America? Less than a half hour, unless I'm mistaken. Oh my god, 20 miles on a bike! Perish the thought! :rolleyes:

Like MOST, yes MOST, Americans couldn't use the exercise anyway.

Enough of a difference for what?
To cause the prices to naturally drop within the market. Are you saying that we as consumers don't have that power?

OR they aren't idiots? Work another hour, get that other hour of sleep, and easily afford the price of gas? Hypotheticals are all bullshit, especially when someone packages them with some moral or ethical malarkey that is incompatible with human nature.

One is an idiot to bike to work rather than drive, if the fuel costs are becoming more of a burden then can be handled? How many people have the ability to just "work another hour"? I don't know about you, but before I went into business for myself, I never dictated my hours to my boss, he dictated them to me. Perhaps there may have been opportunities to get more hours if I desired, but how many people can just automatically be entitled to 5 more hours a week?

It's not just about "affording the price of gas", either. It's causing enough of a decline in consumption that the prices within the market have no other choice but to decline BECAUSE of the decline in demand.

Do you want prices to come down, or do you just want to be able to afford them where they're at? Make up your mind.

Last edited:

I think that's in regard to using it all at full production capacity. The point of ANWR would be to start separating ourselves from complete foreign dependence by supplementing our foreign consumption with some domestic consumption as well. We might as well start weening ourselves off the teet at some point. What better time than right now?

Besides, just drilling alone isn't the going to be the cure all. There are other factors that go into it, such as stateside refining ability, a weak dollar, and yes, the speculation.

Doing NOTHING is certainly not a good plan. At least ANWR would be doing SOMETHING, but it obviously is going to require more than just that.

Here's a Rasmussen poll showing that the majority of voters favor offshore drilling, and believe it will affect prices. I'm not as interested in what they believe it will do, as much as I am interested in their desire to drill PERIOD. Congress is supposed to represent the will of the people, and the will of the people is to drill. Therefore, they seem to be obligated to act on that desire now.

Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey—conducted before McCain announced his intentions on the issue--finds that 67% of voters believe that drilling should be allowed off the coasts of California, Florida and other states. Only 18% disagree and 15% are undecided. Conservative and moderate voters strongly support this approach, while liberals are more evenly divided (46% of liberals favor drilling, 37% oppose).

Even the liberals have a minority in regards to opposition on the issue, amongst themselves, with almost half of them in favor of it.

How can Congress ignore this? It's time to drill.

Forum List

Back