Even Durbin Doesn't Know What's In The Bill They're Supposed To Vote

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Quite surreal:

Number-two Senate Democrat 'in the dark' about health care bill | Washington Examiner

Number-two Senate Democrat 'in the dark' about health care bill
By: BYRON YORK
Chief Political Correspondent
12/12/09 8:15 AM EST
Senate Majority Whip Richard Durbin admitted Friday that he is "in the dark" about the national health care bill currently under construction by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. In an exchange on the Senate floor, Republican Sen. John McCain asked Durbin, "Should we not at least be informed as to what the proposal is that the Senate Majority Leader is going to propose to the entire Senate?" Durbin's answer: "I would say to the senator from Arizona that I am in the dark almost as much as he is, and I am in the leadership." Durbin explained that during a Democratic caucus, Reid and the small group of senators involved in crafting the bill turned to their fellow Democrats and "basically stood and said, 'We are sorry, we can't tell you in detail what was involved.'"...

Here is the entire exchange between the two senators:

This pathetic excuse for a Senator was also the one who was completely in the dark about Iraq...and the intel used in the run up to war....

Durbin is a fraud and needs to be thrown out of office for being too stupid to keep up.

I'm not sure PP. I heard about this on TV yesterday. Reid is being veddy, veddy, sneaky lately. The most "transparent government in history" has realized that an informed electorate can be damaging to their re-election bids.

I'm not sure PP. I heard about this on TV yesterday. Reid is being veddy, veddy, sneaky lately. The most "transparent government in history" has realized that an informed electorate can be damaging to their re-election bids.

especially when they are trying to ram a new entitlement program the likes of who's spending will eclipse anything we've seen to date down the throats of American who clearly are opposed to it.

If Obama would just demonstrate a willingness to combat the current system's half a trillion dollars in fraud.....but he clearly hasn't got the best interests of America in his heart...Obama has Obama's best interests at heart and that involves all of his fucked up terrorist friends, a bunch of lobbyists and his Wall Street puppeteers.

and a little OT here....how the hell did a complete idiot like Durbin become the #2 guy in the Senate...oh wait...that was an inside joke by Reid... "Durbin my man...you're #2!!!!!!" :rofl:

Forum List

Back