Even at $10/barrel, oil can’t match solar on cost

If the states where it would work year round aren't already doing it, then they're being stupid.

I simply pointed out that using solar up in Alaska could cut down on fossil fuel consumption.

Too bad you don't have the reading comprehension to understand that.

If the states where it would work year round aren't already doing it, then they're being stupid.

I simply pointed out that using solar up in Alaska could cut down on fossil fuel consumption.

To bad you don't have the economic comprehension to understand that you could solar TWO states for the price of flex fueling one.
But then again you are a liberal.

To bad you don't have the economic comprehension to understand that you could solar TWO states for the price of flex fueling one.
But then again you are a liberal.

Never said that it was an either or deal. I said that if states which are very friendly for solar don't use it then they're stupid.

I also said that those in Alaska could benefit from solar, because they could cut down on their fuel consumption, and if it's only 30 percent, that is still a cutback in cost that could be beneficial.

Too bad your comprehension sucks as bad as it does, but then again, you're a blinded conservative who can only parrot the party line as given to you by your politicians.

Even at $10/barrel, oil can’t match solar on cost

One of the biggest banks in the Middle East and the oil-rich Gulf countries says that fossil fuels can no longer compete with solar technologies on price, and says the vast bulk of the $US48 trillion needed to meet global power demand over the next two decades will come from renewables.

The report from the National Bank of Abu Dhabi says that while oil and gas has underpinned almost all energy investments until now, future investment will be almost entirely in renewable energy sources.
“Cost is no longer a reason not to proceed with renewables,” the 80-page NBAD report says. It says the most recent solar tender showed even at $10/barrel for oil, and $5/mmbtu for gas, solar is still a cheaper option.

And we all know that black crap is going to go up in price in the future! Solar can only get cheaper and will as far as we're concerned won't run out. ;)
Quick go buy that solar car

Forum List

Back