Evangelist Rick Perry

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Perry to evangelicals: I'm one of you

Texas Gov. Rick Perry sent a strong message to the nation's evangelicals Saturday: he is a member of the important constituency for Republicans that he soon may call upon to help him secure the GOP presidential nomination.

Perry's audience Saturday was filled with people who sang with arms outstretched in prayer — and wept — as Christian groups played music on stage. And Perry, himself, huddled on the stage in a prayer circle with several ministers who helped lead the event. It was Perry's idea and was financed by the American Family Association, a Tupelo, Miss.-based group that opposes abortion and gay rights and believes that the First Amendment freedom of religion applies only to Christians.

Rodney Hinds, who drove to Houston from Amarillo, waved a sign at traffic demanding "Pastor Perry Must Resign" and said: "He abused the power of his office by calling this event from his office as governor."

http://news.yahoo.com/perry-evangelicals-im-one-214346769.html

This is America. Our right to gather and pray is protected under the Constitution of the United States. If you don't like it, don't do it.. it's really rather simple.

This is America. Our right to gather and pray is protected under the Constitution of the United States. If you don't like it, don't do it.. it's really rather simple.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No while as a state official he can't. Using his office to promote religion is a big no no. :eusa_hand:

Theocracy on the march.

Just another Zombie spewing lies. Show me the Theocracy?? I guess all of our Founders were a bunch of morons who wanted to push a Theocracy by invoking a simple prayer???

Abraham Lincoln's Proclamation Appointing a National Fast Day

I guess that would also include Abraham Lincoln?????? You leftists are clowns of the ultimate magnitude. Did you write to your King, Obama, when he had Muslims in the WH and celebrated a Muslim Holiday???? Is he trying to bring about a Theocracy of islam??? Which is it liberal? Come on.. you can do this.. use the one brain cell you have left and actually think..

Theocracy on the march.

Just another Zombie spewing lies. Show me the Theocracy?? I guess all of our Founders were a bunch of morons who wanted to push a Theocracy by invoking a simple prayer???

Abraham Lincoln's Proclamation Appointing a National Fast Day

I guess that would also include Abraham Lincoln?????? You leftists are clowns of the ultimate magnitude. Did you write to your King, Obama, when he had Muslims in the WH and celebrated a Muslim Holiday???? Is he trying to bring about a Theocracy of islam??? Which is it liberal? Come on.. you can do this.. use the one brain cell you have left and actually think..

Lincoln was a founder?

You go to Sarah Palin University or something?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

No while as a state official he can't. Using his office to promote religion is a big no no. :eusa_hand:

Swallow - he's not in Congress. He's not making a law, he's not establishing a religion. He's just saying what he believes.

And again, if you guys REALLY want to drag his religion through the mud, I'm happy to revisit the whole Jeremiah Wright "God Damn America!" thing.

Some of the people "praying" at the event:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd74y4hvdhs]‪John Benefiel: The Statue of Liberty Is a "Demonic Idol"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct4_ze_FjNo&feature=relmfu]‪Hagee - 'Hitler Was Fulfilling God's Will For Israel'‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Gotta love it.

Oh really????

Obama to host Ramadan dinner at the White House - The Washington Scene - TheHill.com

Swallow - he's not in Congress. He's not making a law, he's not establishing a religion. He's just saying what he believes.

And again, if you guys REALLY want to drag his religion through the mud, I'm happy to revisit the whole Jeremiah Wright "God Damn America!" thing.

Swallow? Are you a chick? Or a dude?

Cause if you are dude..man..that means you are a faggot.

And in any case..I have a girlfriend..so thanks for the offer.

But no thanks.:eusa_hand:

Leftist despise Christianity.. they are bigots of the highest magnitude. Their King can host Muslims and celebrate relgious practices in the WH without a peep but God forbid if a Christian who is also a politician prays in public!!! OMG, HOW HORRIBLE!! Rick Perry prayed.. MY GOD, WHAT IS THIS NATION COMING TO????? Stone him!!!!!! He's horrible!! HOW DARE RICK PERRY FOR PRAYING FOR THIS NATION. EVEN THE SITTING PRESIDENT!! Shameful I tell you!! LIBERALISM ALL THE WAY!!!

Oh really????

Obama to host Ramadan dinner at the White House - The Washington Scene - TheHill.com

See?

We agree.

There should be no Ramadan, Christmas or Passover at the Whitehouse!

:clap2:

Oh really????

See?

We agree.

There should be no Ramadan, Christmas or Passover at the Whitehouse!

:clap2:

Actually leftist, I never agreed with you.. I simply showed you that your King chooses to mix the office with HIS religion of choice.. Mr. Perry is guaranteed under the US Constitution, his right to assemble and worship freely.. too bad you have an issue with our freedoms in this country.. perhaps China would be a better fit for you?

Actually leftist, I never agreed with you.. I simply showed you that your King chooses to mix the office with HIS religion of choice.. Mr. Perry is guaranteed under the US Constitution, his right to assemble and worship freely.. too bad you have an issue with our freedoms in this country.. perhaps China would be a better fit for you?

Ramadan is a Christian holiday? Since when? Sheesh..now I am confused! Well any way they are basically all the same to me..since they all subscribe to the same fairy tales.

And China? Been there..done that. Not for me..really. Nice place to visit. Wouldn't want to live there.

Uganda is almost a Christian theocracy though. Nice people. They like to hang homosexuals thanks to the urging of the Republicans and "The Family" (A Christian organization also know as C Street House Christian Fellowship). Maybe you should visit that place..see if you like it?

Ramadan is a Christian holiday? Since when? Sheesh..now I am confused! Well any way they are basically all the same to me..since they all subscribe to the same fairy tales.

And China? Been there..done that. Not for me..really. Nice place to visit. Wouldn't want to live there.

Uganda is almost a Christian theocracy though. Nice people. They like to hang homosexuals thanks to the urging of the Republicans and "The Family" (A Christian organization also know as C Street House Christian Fellowship). Maybe you should visit that place..see if you like it?

Poor leftist.. left babbling on about Uganda and trying to rephrase what I clearly wrote.. You're out of your league and thoroughly foolish.. don't waste my time.

Poor leftist.. left babbling on about Uganda and trying to rephrase what I clearly wrote.. You're out of your league and thoroughly foolish.. don't waste my time.

Babbling about what?

You made a suggestion..and I made one back. Thought I would return the favor.

Anyways..travel is good for you. It opens your mind.

Something you clearly need.

All the Left is doing with the hate they spew is to motivate the opposition to show up at the polls.

If we wanted to motivate the Right to show up at the polls, we'd offer free Pringles.

:lol::lol::lol:

* "Democrat Vote Buying filmed by TV Camera Crew" (October 26, 2002) (link) ("The NBC affiliate in Milwaukee has just filmed Democratic campaign workers handing out small amounts of money and free food to residents at a home for the mentally ill in Kenosha after which the patients were shepherded into a separate room and given absentee ballots. One of the Democratic Party workers fled when she saw the NBC camera...")

http://24ahead.com/blog/archives/005810.html

Oh the tangled webs we weave... The Zombies in action!!! LMAO

Forum List

Back