Evangelical perceptions of coming persecution

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Evangelical, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I just find it interesting, and yes I agree with the premise, that my Pastor's sermon today was about Persecution (the end of the Beatitudes) and how he applied it to his views of the coming "fairness doctrine" and how homosexual marriage is limiting Church practices.

The Pastor viewed that this would happen within 6 months at latest; 9 months.

I think this view will solidify segregation between the States, those supporting Gay Marriage (Post-Christian) and those remaining Christian.

2. homo#1

homo#1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The States that refused to accept gay marriage shouldn't be allowed to be called "Land of the Free", instead, they should all be called "Land of the sexually repressed".

3. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,030
    Using Big Government to restrict individuals' actions certainly isn't freedom. But then again, evangelical "conservatives" have never had a problem restricting individual freedom if they believed it violated their definition of morality.

4. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Both of you are idiots.

5. homo#1

homo#1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    We're idiots? You're the one who needs a pastor to tell you what to think

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,870
    the disciplines figured jesus would return in their life times....doesn't your bible say not even the angels in heaven know....so your minister is a "false prophet" me i would be a changing churches....

7. homo#1

homo#1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    More proof that the bible is total crap

8. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Now that's the logic that seems to escape many. But meh, let them keep wasting time preparing for something that will likely never come, at least they're keeping busy.

9. Bfgrn

Bfgrn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,060
    The disciplines AND Sarah "empty vessel" Palin...

Philip Munger, says that Palin also helped push the evangelical drive to take over the Mat-Su Borough school board. “She wanted to get people who believed in creationism on the board,” said Munger, a music composer and teacher. “I bumped into her once after my band played at a graduation ceremony at the Assembly of God. I said, ‘Sarah, how can you believe in creationism — your father’s a science teacher.’ And she said, ‘We don’t have to agree on everything.‘

“I pushed her on the earth’s creation, whether it was really less than 7,000 years old and whether dinosaurs and humans walked the earth at the same time. And she said yes, she’d seen images somewhere of dinosaur fossils with human footprints in them.”

Munger also asked Palin if she truly believed in the End of Days, the doomsday scenario when the Messiah will return. “She looked in my eyes and said, ‘Yes, I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime.‘”

Sarah Palin Thinks Jesus Will Return in Her Lifetime, and That the Earth is Less Than 7,000 Years Old | dmiessler.com

10. homo#1

homo#1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    How can a supposedly "great" country like the US be run by people who believe in invisible superbeings from another dimension? No wonder you're attacking everyone in sight, you're insane.