Euthanasia

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Joz, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Mother Moonie

Mother Moonie Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    We had a poodle for almost 9 years named Teddy Bear. We had him since the day he was born. He was born with special needs and his mom didn't even want to nurse him, but we insisted. He turned out to be the sweetest dog we ever owned, even tho he had a lot of problems. We never gave him away because we never wanted anyone to mistreat or abuse him.

He started to have a lot of problems lately, and the vet said that it would be very expensive to treat. Plus, he was losing his ability to hold his bowels. So, we decided it was time. We did it last Friday... it was hard to do, but he is not suffering anymore... I really miss my Baby Bear...

I thought the sweetest thing last Saturday was when I watched Sandy's youngest son, who is 4, at my house. We had just lost our Grandmother about a month ago. He asked where Teddy Bear was, and I told him that he had died and gone to Heaven. He said, "Oh, Teddy Bear is Grandmother's dog now?" I said yes, he is. They are taking good care of each other...

2. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +222
    So sorry to hear about your Teddy Bear. As I said before, there are alot of people who don't understand that there is true grief & loss with a pet.

3. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Why is it that we Americans worry so much about the youth in Asia?

:happy2:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Smart ass. :D

5. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +452
    I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me a few moments of head scratching to figure this out.

Allow me to echo Joz's sentiments and add one of my own: :finger3:

:teeth:

Actually, that was pretty good.

6. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,629
    this reminds my off all my pets as a child....i was never lucky enough to have a pet live long enough to be "put down"

my first collie i named lassie was fiercly protective of me and one day attacked my father for spanking me....he was "sold to a farmer"

my next two dogs were snoopy and schroder....the bullies in my neighborhhod made the mistake of picking on me one day .... they were both sold to the farmer as well

we moved on to cats....i recived to beautiful kittens .... i came home from vaction to find them slaughtered on the front porch by the neighborhood german shepherd

my son has goldfish

7. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,002
    Joz ,
    I'm sorry for your loss , I too have gone through this many times . You should be comforted in knowing that what you did is the most unselfish and loving thing you can do for your friend . A dog knows when he is no longer a dog and a cat certainly knows it too , they just can't communicate that to us . It is also one of the hardest things I have ever done as I am sure it was for you.
    Merlin , your skill with the use of words has been made evident again with your post . You helped me remember my love for all of my pet pals over the years and the huge amount of wonderful memories each were responsible for . I remembered birds , fish , turtles , dogs , cats , a white rabbit and even a number of frogs .My three Afghans were with me for over 14 years each , I had a cat that was sixteen when she was bit by a copperhead and died , I miss them all . Thanks bud .
    Mother Moonie and pegwinn , great and heartwarming stories also, sorry for your losses.