Euros Consider Banning Nazi Symbols

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
So much for free speech, not to mention that it won't get a the root of anti-Semitism. :rolleyes:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/01/17/eu.nazi.ap/

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) -- The European Union's top justice official was considering Monday whether the 25-nation bloc should ban the use of Nazi symbols after Britain's Prince Harry wore a swastika armband to a costume party.

Franco Frattini, the EU's justice and home affairs commissioner, said he was open to discussing the issue at a Jan. 27 meeting of EU justice ministers.

"It may be worth looking into the possibility of a total ban, a Europe-wide ban," his spokesman Friso Roscam Abbing told reporters. "Commissioner Frattini shares the general feeling of opprobrium on the use of the swastika and other Nazi symbols."

Kathianne said:
So much for free speech, not to mention that it won't get a the root of anti-Semitism. :rolleyes:

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/01/17/eu.nazi.ap/

Because, yeah, without Nazi symbols, there would be no anto-semititsm.

It confuses me how Euros can even consider letting an international body make laws for their countries, which take away rights of free expression.

EDIT: Though lest we forget, they have not been afraid to lose rights to other powers in the past. Perhaps its something in the water.

Roscam Abbing said officials would take care not to violate freedom of expression in devising such a ban.

How would freedom of expression not be violated? Either you can wear one, or you can't. I guess you would need special permission from the swastika committee for educational purposes or something, either way, still serious restrictions.

Great! Make them in to a Persecuted sub-group, that always makes for more converts. This must be their goal or they would actually look to the past and see that crap like this has never worked.

Said1 said:
How would freedom of expression not be violated? Either you can wear one, or you can't. I guess you would need special permission from the swastika committee for educational purposes or something, either way, still serious restrictions.

Right there with the headscarfs. There is no way to explain the European denial in what they are, what they think, and where they are headed.

Kathianne said:
Right there with the headscarfs. There is no way to explain the European denial in what they are, what they think, and where they are headed.

It's the same here. Restrict the rights of the majority, it's for a good cause.

Said1 said:
It's the same here. Restrict the rights of the majority, it's for a good cause.

Well here we put up a fight. The logic of the idea gets me crazy, I may have to move to a blue state for treatment. No, it's ok, I live in a blue state, we have lots of shrinks! :)

If the Eurolibs are looking for a quick, meaningless fix to deal with a truly clear and present danger in their midst, they ought to look into banning the hammer and sickle!

Kathianne said:
Well here we put up a fight. The logic of the idea gets me crazy, I may have to move to a blue state for treatment. No, it's ok, I live in a blue state, we have lots of shrinks! :)

People put up fights in Canada for the dumbests things. One women fought and won the right for all women in the province of Onatrio to go topless anytime, anywhere. Yeah me!

Said1 said:
People put up fights in Canada for the dumbests things. One women fought and won the right for all women in the province of Onatrio to go topless anytime, anywhere. Yeah me!

Oh now that's the type of thing for the left. LOL

Said1 said:

And I would hope all you Ontarian women exercise this hard-won right continuosly! :D

Kathianne said:
Oh now that's the type of thing for the left. LOL

But of course, Canada is the land of the left! This women's success in advancing the plight of women should come as no surprise. I wonder why she's been so quiet about Sharia Law in Ontario?

Said1 said:
But of course, Canada is the land of the left! This women's success in advancing the plight of women should come as no surprise. I wonder why she's been so quiet about Sharia Law in Ontario?

Said1 I've said to you before, you must move here or stand up to the nitwits!

Said1 said:

Did you know that in Michigan, it is illegal to tie a Lion to a fire hydrant?

PC has a way with coming up with unusual leglislation.

Forum List

Back