European Union wins Nobel Peace Prize

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
The European Union won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for promoting peace, democracy and human rights over six decades in an award seen as a morale boost as the bloc struggles to resolve its economic crisis.

The award served as a reminder that the EU had largely brought peace to a continent which tore itself apart in two world wars in which tens of millions died.

The EU has transformed most of Europe "from a continent of wars to a continent of peace," Nobel Committee Chairman Thorbjoern Jagland said in announcing the award in Oslo.

European Union wins Nobel Peace Prize - chicagotribune.com

And this is why the Nobel Peace Prize means absolutely nothing.

I think the left wing 'Nobel' committee is pissed at the rise of the right wing. They mad, yep.

Damn straight. The European right's enjoying an ascendancy no-one can ignore any more. The left's solution? Bung their side an increasingly irrelevant award.

Oh, and Allied troops brought peace to Europe, not the EU.

What do you want them to do?

They can't give a second Nobel Peace Prize to Obama.

They can't give it to some Chinese "dissident" -- China may get upset and cut off finances...

They can't give it to Russian "opposition" -- the met office predicts long and cold winter and Gasprom is already pissed off at EU latest antics...

Giving it to EU seems rather harmless.

They can't give it to some Chinese "dissident" -- China may get upset and cut off finances...

They can't give it to Russian "opposition" -- the met office predicts long and cold winter and Gasprom is already pissed off at EU latest antics...

I don't want them to do anything. They can do whatever they want, and I can mock them for it.

I don't want them to do anything. They can do whatever they want, and I can mock them for it.

You see -- harmless enough: the prize has been distributed, and it caused a lot of laughs...

Damn straight. The European right's enjoying an ascendancy no-one can ignore any more. The left's solution? Bung their side an increasingly irrelevant award.

Oh, and Allied troops brought peace to Europe, not the EU.
Peace to Europe LOL!! until they bombed Belgrade for 78 days, including the German Luftwaffe, how disgusting is that after they did the same in WW2.

Forum List

Back