European Union disregards US sanctions on Syria

N

NewGuy

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1084332114524

The European Union has chosen to ignore US sanctions on Syria, and an EU economic delegation is scheduled to travel to Beirut and Damascus next week, reported IBA news Wednesday.

President George Bush approved sanctions due to Syria's continued aspiration to develop weapons of mass destruction, its support for terrorism, its enabling militants to cross its border into Iraq, and its continued occupation of Lebanon.

The EU delegation will include officials responsible for energy and transport, and its declared objective is to deepen EU – Syria cooperation.

British prime minister Tony Blair, however, said Britain was partner to the US anxiousness over Syrian intent to develop nuclear weapons and its support for terror.

It's good to know we can depend on Europe....

I wonder if there were any sanctions proposed against Syria in the U.N. after the foiled chemical bomb attack in Jordan.

....or after the Syrians violated the Iraqi oil-for-food sanctions.

....or because the Syrians occupy Lebanon.

....or because the Syrians support terrorism.

Way to pick a winner Europe.

There should be sanctions against the EU for indirectly supporting Syrian backed terrorism. I wonder if that would pass...

Basically. And now its starting become a reality. Europe becomes one powerful entity known as the EU. Has one national currency. Decides things similarly to the US and does it as a whole.

He claims that the EU will become the next superpower and will rival the US in economic prowess and military might. At first it just seemded like a radical theory, but with actions they are making lately, im begining to wonder.

Reminder folks:

Biblical prophecy is not my theory. I take no blame, I claim no credit.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Reminder folks:

Biblical prophecy is not my theory. I take no blame, I claim no credit.

I give you credit for bringing my attention to it. I have always thought that the EU was a novel thing and nothing more. But now i'm begining to see what you have said.

Originally posted by insein
I give you credit for bringing my attention to it. I have always thought that the EU was a novel thing and nothing more. But now i'm begining to see what you have said.
:beer:

That is the best thing anyone could have told me.
You have just made everything I have ever done here worthwhile.

Thanks! :)

Originally posted by insein

I guess you've never watched The 700 club? Ever heard of Pat Robertson?

Don't watch the 700 club, but I do agree with New Guy. I would hate to see a united muslim/catholic world... the more united the world gets, the more America is going to see it's power slip away. The only comfort that I can get from their united national currency (Euro {sp?}) is that one day it will inflate and all EU nations will be in havoc, cheers.

Ya and they thought the could deal with Hitler too. The European leaders are just appeasing their constituency to stay in power and the is a large Muslim constituency. There will be no dealing with Islam. Islam will has threatened Europe into capitualtion. Maybe we can watch Europe self-destruct thru appeasement again.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Ya and they thought the could deal with Hitler too. The European leaders are just appeasing their constituency to stay in power and the is a large Muslim constituency. There will be no dealing with Islam. Islam will has threatened Europe into capitualtion. Maybe we can watch Europe self-destruct thru appeasement again.

Itd be cool to hear them beg for us to help them....again. But on second thought, theyd somehow blame us for it.

I hope one day Americans will no longer be dragged into the terrible wars that result from the bumbling internal affairs of naive and near-sighted European nations.

The way things are going we may have to do it one more time within the next 100 years.

I will be able to join the military in 2 years (as of yesterday!!). And if there is a war I will without doubt join, leaving my friends and college to fight for whatever the nation decides is worth defending.

Forum List

Back