European Union Bans Display of Crucifix in Europe's schools, including Rome

So the cross identifies Christians but not catholics? Which specific religion is displaying the cross endorsing again? :lol:

You have failed to show how displaying a cross, menorah, or star and crescent in a public place is "making a law respecting an establishment of religion"

However I can tell you that denying anyone, especially through law, the right to display any religious symbol in a public place is a clear and blatant violation of the 1st amendment.

que? I said, specifically, that catholocism is a branch of christianity. I even bolded it above.

and, i'm not the one who is confused about the concept of endorsement, yo. Perhaps you should curl up with a nice cup of cocoa and a dictionary. But, don't watch nascar or any other sponsor-based activity; reality is harsh.

Claiming expression via common property is the question at hand; no one rips dainty little crosses off of the necks of Christians in public schools. However, personal expression under the first amendment doesn't allow anyone to commandeer public property. You don't have the right to decide what to display at your local school. end of story. No first amendment strawman necessary.

Now, did you want to get back to listing all of the religions BESIDES Christianity and it's variations which revere the cross or are you done dancing?

And this is the exact reason that you can constitionally display a cross, menorah, and/or the star and crescent on public property and buildings. Read the language of the 1st ammendment again "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." By making it illegal to put a cross in a public building the government is making a prohibitive law in regards to a religious symbol.

Also, Christians and catholics belong to different church's and interpret the bible differently. But Anyway putting that aside let me be specific instead of trying to lead you down the path.

You can't claim a cross hanging in a public building is the state sponsoring one specific religion, as the cross covers a variety of different religious interpretations and teachings not just one specific form of Christianity, it covers all christianity and all catholicism.

Yes I was being purposefully obtuse before.

It's hilarious that you'd even try to suggest that catholics, who derive their beliefs STRAIT from christ on a CROSS, is somehow different than any other flavor of christianity who, as it turns out, also derives their belief directly from CHRIST ON A CROSS.

seriously, dude. it's not even worth my time to point out how fucked up your misnomer about established validation is when you can't seem to figure out that baptists and catholics and protestants and everyone in between are still CHRISTIANS. Exactly how sunni, shia and kurds are still MUSLIMS.

but, i guess acting glib beats the hell out of having to figure out another religion that reveres a cross, eh?

so, YOU claim that a cross represents a myriad of religions?? NAME THEM.

Also, Christians and catholics belong to different church's and interpret the bible differently. But Anyway putting that aside let me be specific instead of trying to lead you down the path.

You can't claim a cross hanging in a public building is the state sponsoring one specific religion, as the cross covers a variety of different religious interpretations and teachings not just one specific form of Christianity, it covers all christianity and all catholicism.

Since when are Catholics not Christians?

Your argument that a cross does not represent one single religion but several is nonsense. Even so, the state is prohibited from endorsing not just one religion but any and all religions.

seriously. the idea that catholics are not christians is just asinine.

Imagine this.

The ban of all religious symbols--everywhere!!

The Church and temples changed into daycare centers

Teaching of Atheism/Agnoticism in the schools

Destruction of Mythical Moral Fibre everywhere we see it.

The Encouragement of self sufficency, the profit motif and Lassiez Faire Capitalism all around the globe!!

Guess what you get!! The same ol crap that we have now Minus Crosses, Star of Davids and Crescent Moon symbolism.

Your argument that a cross does not represent one single religion but several is nonsense. Even so, the state is prohibited from endorsing not just one religion but any and all religions.

Depends on how you look at it.

Catholics are Christians with a heavy influence from pagan religions or Catholics are not Christians because it is not 1000% exact as Christ would want it.

(actually, I don't think the Christ would want a church)

you really think catholics and christians believe the same stuff about jesus :lol:

I dont even belong to either religion and I know they have 2 seperate belief systems. Just like the sunni and shiite interpret things different. :rofl:

thats funny

protestant, catholic, christian, mormon.....whats the difference right? :rofl: sometimes you progressives are silly.

Last edited:

you really think catholics and christians believe the same stuff about jesus :lol:

I dont even belong to either religion and I know they have 2 seperate belief systems. Just like the sunni and shiite interpret things different. :rofl:

thats funny

protestant, catholic, christian, mormon.....whats the difference right? :rofl: sometimes you progressives are silly.

in relation to jebus and the cross? yes.

having 2 belief systems about christianity doesn't make one less CHRISTIAN than the other. You might as well have just insisted that baptists are not as christian as lutherans.

and, again, sunni and shia may interpret their MUSLIM faith differently but... they are both still a sect of the muslim belief.

Enjoy your PWNED moment. After all, there sure isn't anything in common between protestants, catholics, and MORMONS, right christ on a cross?

:thup:

:lol:

:cuckoo:

Depends on how you look at it.

Catholics are Christians with a heavy influence from pagan religions or Catholics are not Christians because it is not 1000% exact as Christ would want it.

(actually, I don't think the Christ would want a church)

that certainly is your denominational opinion... but, I assure you, the pope reveres the CROSS just as much as you do.

Yeah so i guess a sunni is just like a shiite and a Protestant is just like a Catholic

PWNAGE on :rofl:

In regards to muslim icons, yes. Did you think shia and sunni do not both revere mohammed?

Likewise, in relation to a CROSS, yes protestants and catholics both rever the cross that their common messiah, JESUS, was crucified on.

WOW. Your lack of knowledge regarding world religions is appalling.

Oh looky... a pope holding A CROSS.... how unchristian of him!

:rofl:

Pope-John.jpg

According to Pee Pee's logic, the first amendment right to freedom of religion grants the government the right to tax a Jew and use his money to pay for crucifixes to adorn public property. :rofl:

Is it just me, or has Pee Pee seriously outed himself a total partisan hack in this thread?

LOOK AT THAT NON-CHRISTIAN WEARING A CROSS AS IF IT'S SUPPOSED TO REPRESENT CHRIST OR SOMETHING!

:lol:

pope_benedict_xvi_4.jpg

Yeah so i guess a sunni is just like a shiite and a Protestant is just like a Catholic

PWNAGE on :rofl:

In regards to muslim icons, yes. Did you think shia and sunni do not both revere mohammed?

Likewise, in relation to a CROSS, yes protestants and catholics both rever the cross that their common messiah, JESUS, was crucified on.

WOW. Your lack of knowledge regarding world religions is appalling.
The Pilgrim cannot possibly be this dense. He must be trying to get you riled up. He's making progress on that front. :lol:

The Pilgrim's Progress, anyone notice that?

Last edited:
ROFL, after reading this thread my lungs need a rest, :lol:

Funny, how we can quarrel about things.

I life in the german federal state of North-Rhine-Westphalia and we pretty much had the same debate here. The Constitutional Court had to decide, if crucifixes in court-room are display of religion by the state covered or not covered by the constitution.
They decided it is not. But they have not outright banned crucifixes.

The people in my region have a rather common-sense attitude to things like this.
We have the so-called "rhenish solution" which is much like "First we make a decision and then we will see...".

A lot of courts decided to put the crucifix on wheels. If someone feels disturbed by it, it is removed. Otherwise it stays where it is.

No further complains were noted.

Relax guys, share a beer with your fellow muslim/jew/buddhist (the first one can take something else) and kick out the people who are insisting upon any principle.

regards
ze germanguy

The Left won't be happy until they start a shooting civil war.

Yes, this is a lesson on why sovereignty is important and Obama can go fuck himself in Copenhagen

ROFL, after reading this thread my lungs need a rest, :lol:

Funny, how we can quarrel about things.

I life in the german federal state of North-Rhine-Westphalia and we pretty much had the same debate here. The Constitutional Court had to decide, if crucifixes in court-room are display of religion by the state covered or not covered by the constitution.
They decided it is not. But they have not outright banned crucifixes.

The people in my region have a rather common-sense attitude to things like this.
We have the so-called "rhenish solution" which is much like "First we make a decision and then we will see...".

A lot of courts decided to put the crucifix on wheels. If someone feels disturbed by it, it is removed. Otherwise it stays where it is.

No further complains were noted.

Relax guys, share a beer with your fellow muslim/jew/buddhist (the first one can take something else) and kick out the people who are insisting upon any principle.

regards
ze germanguy

Wow I was kinda just messing with everyone but it seems germany agrees with what I was saying. Things that make you go HMMMMMM

I think this is just absurd craziness but then again I'm an American and our main founding principle was the freedom of religious expression.

I guess that means you're not aware of the fact that this same ban already exists for American public schools.

Its good that you pulled a strawman on me in this thread right on page one.

You know I wasn't talking about schools in america.

Forum List

Back