European colonizers killed so many Native Americans that it changed the global climate: researchers

facepalm_implied.jpg

Total and complete garbage.
What caused the little ice age was Maunder's Minimum. A period of low solar activity. The same thing now affecting our climate.

The globalists deny the science because they need uneducated people to manipulate.

Look at it realistically. The slaughter of the native Americans is a hill of rice grains compared to the slaughter of the American bison. What are they saying. 56 million? That might be one maybe two Bison herds all belching and farting.

This is major piss on your leg and claim it's raining.

When CNN says "study".....RUN!

Secondly, why would one be watching CNN anyway ?

Yeah, not convinced. The slaughter was simply the same thing we've always done, we're doing now across the planet. Turf, consumer base, resource takeovers. America is a corporate conglomerate with a military.

What a truly pile of junk that study was:

"European settlers killed 56 million indigenous people over about 100 years in South, Central and North America, causing large swaths of farmland to be abandoned and reforested, researchers at University College London, or UCL, estimate. The increase in trees and vegetation across an area the size of France resulted in a massive decrease in carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere, according to the study."

They say that a tiny drop in CO2 levels over a 30-40 year period rapidly changed the temperature, yet ignore the fact that it cooled a lot over 100-200 years earlier WITHOUT a CO2 drop. Not only that land use impact changes was not large in those centuries either, which the paper failed to point out. The change from Forest to crops which was minor doesn't change the CO2 uptake much either, which they failed to quantify properly.

"European settlers killed 56 million indigenous people over about 100 years in South, Central and North America, causing large swaths of farmland to be abandoned and reforested, researchers at University College London, or UCL, estimate."

bolding mine

South, Central and North America is a HUGE area of the continental land surface, around 65 million people at peak population level spread out in a 100 year period, the paper claims 90% of the people died out in that time frame. The impacts of change was spread out over 100 years time, which the planet barely noticed since the effects of land use change was actually in small areas of the Americas.

They used only hand labor for hunting and land use, no fossil fuels used, no tractors used, and used fires to clear land (a CO2 releasing activity, which they didn't mention in the paper).

A typically overblown paper.

Shall I go on...?

Yeah, not convinced. The slaughter was simply the same thing we've always done, we're doing now across the planet. Turf, consumer base, resource takeovers. America is a corporate conglomerate with a military.
Same thing humans have always done.

Total and complete garbage.
What caused the little ice age was Maunder's Minimum. A period of low solar activity. The same thing now affecting our climate.

The globalists deny the science because they need uneducated people to manipulate.

Look at it realistically. The slaughter of the native Americans is a hill of rice grains compared to the slaughter of the American bison. What are they saying. 56 million? That might be one maybe two Bison herds all belching and farting.

This is major piss on your leg and claim it's raining.

Also, at some point it was the native Americans who killed off the wooly mammoths in North America

No doubt, it was the multitudes of Original Native Americans crossing the Ice Bridge from Siberia that melted it.

I was going to move to Australia but i dont want to cause a mass extinction :(

Doing WHERE across the planet ? And doing WHAT ?
And you are aware the US is the #1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today, right ? You know this is 2019, not 1950, right ?

Good lord, what a parade of weepy cultists. None of those snowflakes actually bothered looking at the study. That's way too much work. They were told to simply melt down, so that's what they did. If they had bothered looking at the study, there would have found the study did not say that reforestation due to depopulation was the only cause of the little ice age. It said it was a contributing factor. And it was. That's just common sense. And it's hardly news. If the search function here hadn't just been crippled, I could show old posts where I talked about it.

I'm not sure the crazies here got so triggered.

Are they claiming that the Europeans didn't largely exterminate the new world natives?

Are they claiming that didn't result in reforestation?

Are they claiming that CO2 levels didn't drop by 7 ppm?

Are they claiming that wouldn't have a slight cooling effect on climate?

Snowflakes, what's got you so upset here?

Forum List

Back