European-AMERICANS, Obama AND THE Joplin RESPONSE

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
In the aftermath of Katrina, CBS News polled African Americans

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/14/opinion/polls/main846529.shtml

AFRICAN-AMERICANS, BUSH AND THE KATRINA RESPONSE
As the images broadcast from New Orleans in the wake of Katrina made clear, so many of those left stranded there for days were African-American.

Overall, Americans are unlikely to believe race played any role in the slow response to the tragedy, with 59 percent saying it was not a factor. Whites in particular are unlikely to say it was a factor. But African-Americans across the country see things very differently: two-thirds say race played a major role in the timing of the response.

I wonder what race they see in "the images from Joplin?"

I wonder when CBS is going to conduct a racially based poll on the Obama Administrations response to Joplin?

It's not Racism when Whites are discriminated against.

Didn't you get your Progressive Politically Correct Beliefs cheat sheet?

FEMA Administrator Fugate Statement On Tornadoes In Oklahoma, Arkansas, Other States
Release Date: May 25, 2011
Release Number: HQ-11-087

JOPLIN, Mo. -- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Craig Fugate issued the following statement on the tornadoes that struck parts of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and other states last night. According to the National Weather Service, severe weather, including tornadoes is expected to continue across the central U.S. today, including in parts of Missouri, Illinois and Kentucky. Since yesterday, FEMA has deployed senior officials to the state emergency operations centers in both Oklahoma and Arkansas to coordinate directly with state and local emergency management teams, and has been working closely with the states through its regional offices in Kansas City, Missouri and Denton, Texas.

"On behalf of the entire federal family, our hearts go out to those who lost their loved ones in the storms last night and our thoughts and prayers continue to be with all the families and communities that have been affected. FEMA, through our regional offices across the country, will continue monitoring these storms throughout the day. We have staff on the ground in Oklahoma and Arkansas, who are working hand in hand with our state and local partners as they assess the scope of the damages, and we are ready to support them as needed.

"We urge all Americans in regions where additional severe weather is expected today to continue to listen to the instructions of your state and local officials and monitor your local news for emergency updates. If you haven't already, pick a safe location, such as a storm cellar or a basement, where you and your family can stay until the weather passes. It's essential that everyone who can get themselves out of harm's way does.

"These historic storms have highlighted the incredible resolve of the American people, especially the first responders, emergency workers, firefighters, volunteers and neighbors who have been working around the clock for days to respond to these storms and conduct search and rescue efforts. Their efforts have been extraordinary. To all of these heroes across the country, we thank you for your efforts and will do whatever we can to support you as our work continues in the days, weeks and months ahead."

Visit FEMA's blog for information on FEMA's efforts to prepare for these tornadoes, and for the latest updates on the federal government's efforts to support Missouri and other states impacted by tornadoes over the weekend.

FEMA's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.

Last Modified: Wednesday, 25-May-2011 11:32:51

FEMA: FEMA Administrator Fugate Statement On Tornadoes In Oklahoma, Arkansas, Other States

FEMA Administrator Fugate Statement On Tornadoes In Oklahoma, Arkansas, Other States

My point isn't that FEMA has or has not released a very nicely worded statement.

My point IS that I'll be surprised if CBS conducts a poll to see how the racial majority of Joplin feels about the response vs. the Racial minority's opinion of the response.

Crying about race is a one sided arguement with most blacks and the libs. In other words, it's like a one way street.
It also shows just how left leaning the media is....which is no surprise.

Would it surprise you to know that when I growup I wanna be:

Kanye-West-kanye-west-130641_638_867.jpg

My point isn't that FEMA has or has not released a very nicely worded statement.

My point IS that I'll be surprised if CBS conducts a poll to see how the racial majority of Joplin feels about the response vs. the Racial minority's opinion of the response.

Do the people in Joplin feel the President is racist and ignoring them?

And that is the germane point: how the media is representing the federal response.

It's not Racism when Whites are discriminated against.

Didn't you get your Progressive Politically Correct Beliefs cheat sheet?

Better than wondering when CBS is going to do a similar poll on Joplin...I wonder when FNC will do a poll.....

Rupert Murdoch, are you listening?

And that is the germane point: how the media is representing the federal response.

"Germane" Indeed!

Cholera cannot be taken too lightly.

See: Inquiring Minds need to know.

You need to publish your poll data, HG.

See: Inquiring Minds need to know.

You need to publish your poll data, HG.

I have no problem with the poll being out there, if this is how the people feel let it be known.

Poll: Katrina Shakes Confidence - CBS News

As the images broadcast from New Orleans in the wake of Katrina made clear, so many of those left stranded there for days were African-American.

Overall, Americans are unlikely to believe race played any role in the slow response to the tragedy, with 59 percent saying it was not a factor. Whites in particular are unlikely to say it was a factor. But African-Americans across the country see things very differently: two-thirds say race played a major role in the timing of the response.

I wonder when CBS is going to conduct a racially based poll on the Obama Administrations response to Joplin?

So...

Samson's theory is that Katrina= Joplin

How many Joplin residents were stranded on their rooftops?
How many days did Joplin residents go without water and medicine?
How long did it take emergency crews to reach Joplin survivors?
How long did it take to evacuate Joplin survivors?

Crying about race is a one sided arguement with most blacks and the libs. In other words, it's like a one way street.

Kanye-West-kanye-west-130641_638_867.jpg

Your going to have to find the fountain of youth if you wanna be him. :lol:

So...

You mean, the only time when you think its appropriate for CBS to publish the results of opinion polls and report the results along racial lines is when "residents are stranded on rooftops?"

Stop being duplicious: Even the Biggest Wonky-Maher-Parrot ought to be able to see through the double standard.

So...

1,500 people from Joplin are still missing.

Over 120 have been confirmed dead. What levels of dead and missing make it worth Obama to pay attention?

For comparison, the official death toll from Katrina in New Orleans was 1,464.

Kanye-West

Your going to have to find the fountain of youth if you wanna be him. :lol:

I mean FIGURATIVELY.

And WHITE.:cool:

So...

I see, so its all about the human 'Benjamins'?

So...

1,500 people from Joplin are still missing.

Over 120 have been confirmed dead. What levels of dead and missing make it worth Obama to pay attention?

For comparison, the official death toll from Katrina in New Orleans was 1,464.

Actually the "official" death toll from Katrina AND RITA is much less:

Katrina's Death Toll, Missing Still Unknown

In August, 2006, the Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals (DHH) released a list of 135 people considered missing in the aftermath of hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

So...

Possibly the answers to the questions you ask are a function of how much warning time Joplin had (20 minutes) as compared to the days [ approximately 56 hours before Katrina's landfall near Buras, Louisiana, the National Hurricane Center had predicted that the Greater New Orleans area could face a direct hit by the storm] of warning and watching the path of Katrina...and the comensurate inertia of the elected officials in New Orleans...

So it seems that you find comparing apples and oranges a defense for the, what appears to be an obvious fact, that come media and folks like you will not give a fair reading of 'malfeasance' - if there is any, of the two Presidents, the two parties.

Nor is there a question in my mind that the news coverage would have been far different if the President at this juncture had been white and Republican, and Joplin's unfortuates had been minority.

Don't you agree?

Forum List

Back