Europe Refuses to Defend Freedom of Speech

The very fact that it is the UN that should be addressed, but the European Nations are not willing to do so, speaks volumes. The US tried, but of course what would WE be doing on the Human Rights Council? Egads.

Because, of course, we've worked so closely with the U.N. the past 7 1/2 years. When we send someone like Bolton there, what did you think you'd get? Influence?

Because, of course, we've worked so closely with the U.N. the past 7 1/2 years. When we send someone like Bolton there, what did you think you'd get? Influence?

Absolute bullshit. The UN was quite pleased with Bolton and praised his work there. But being a partisan hack you would ignore that now wouldn't you?

The threatening of the freedom of speech (and the whole lot connected with it) is a very serious matter here in Old Europe. In the last years - especially since 9/11 - there were many, many changes of constitutional rights, many of them concerning the freedom of speech. And "change" is always to the worse, to be sure. You can't express yourself as freely as in the US, I fear.

It always strikes me as odd how so many in the US, the UK, Russia, France, and China find the UN useless and 'mean' despite the fact that they run it. The rest of us are just a debating society. Anything the US doesn't like, it vetoes, like the other four. End of story. It half funds the UN as well. It established the UN. It's got a permanent seat on the UN Security Council, the only council with any 'teeth'. A ton of UN employees are American. It holds more power than 99.5% of the rest of the members of the UN. It runs that shit. The only way the UN has any power is when the US supports it. So the entire "the UN is a bunch of evil dictators" reasoning has never really made any sense to me. Can anyone explain??

Haters Who Hate Hate-speech, and the Haters Who Hate the Haters Who Hate Hate-speech.

Lovely.

The threatening of the freedom of speech (and the whole lot connected with it) is a very serious matter here in Old Europe. In the last years - especially since 9/11 - there were many, many changes of constitutional rights, many of them concerning the freedom of speech. And "change" is always to the worse, to be sure. You can't express yourself as freely as in the US, I fear.
The attack on free speech in the US comes from black racists, Homos and Liberals. Muslims are starting to make inroads.

The Liberal agenda in the US is use oppression to take away more civil rights.

New Topics

Forum List

Back