Europe Considering a Universal Basic Income, America Wont be Far Behind Them

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Europe considers introducing a Universal Basic Income for all European adults.

News from The Associated Press

Called "universal income" by some, "universal basic income" or just "basic income" by others, the idea has been floated in various guises since at least the mid-19th century. After decades on the fringes of intellectual debate, it became more mainstream in 2016, with Switzerland holding a referendum - and overwhelmingly rejecting - a proposed basic income of around $2,500 per month....

WHY THE MOUNTING INTEREST?

In a word, robots. With automated systems and machines increasingly replacing human workers, France could lose 3 million jobs by 2025, says Benoit Hamon, a former education minister campaigning for the French presidency on a promise of gradually introducing no-strings-attached payments for all. As work becomes scarcer, a modest but regular guaranteed income would stop people from fearing the future and free up their time for family, the needy and themselves, he argues...

Outside research backs up their arguments. An Oxford University study in 2015 estimated nearly half of the American workforce is at risk of automation.​

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-16_22-46-45.png
    upload_2017-1-16_22-46-45.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 43
We need to roll back regulations that prevent American's from providing for themselves through cheap and sustainable home based methods.

I want to put a turbine on my roof to supplement our electricity use - Municipality of Anchorage doesn't allow us to have windmills or turbines. :/
We also found out that we have to get a stupid permit to put in a wood stove that supplements the heating of our hot water too - Who the hell put that shit in the laws??
We decided to put a natural gas heater in my garage because the one in the shop works so much better than the hot water type - City says we have to pay an "approved" installer to do it even though my husband works with LP all the time. (Still fighting that one. I have to open the house door to heat my garage cause of these fuckers - when we bought a new furnace / hot water heater we didn't have them put in a line for the garage not realizing it was going to be a fucking years long project to get a heater put in grrr)

This is where a much smaller population is necessary.

Hmmm how to get fewer people quickly?

No immigration that's for sure.

With so many factories automating and the introduction of Artificial Intelligence, it's not as far fetched as it seems.

Europe considers introducing a Universal Basic Income for all European adults.

News from The Associated Press

Called "universal income" by some, "universal basic income" or just "basic income" by others, the idea has been floated in various guises since at least the mid-19th century. After decades on the fringes of intellectual debate, it became more mainstream in 2016, with Switzerland holding a referendum - and overwhelmingly rejecting - a proposed basic income of around $2,500 per month....

WHY THE MOUNTING INTEREST?

In a word, robots. With automated systems and machines increasingly replacing human workers, France could lose 3 million jobs by 2025, says Benoit Hamon, a former education minister campaigning for the French presidency on a promise of gradually introducing no-strings-attached payments for all. As work becomes scarcer, a modest but regular guaranteed income would stop people from fearing the future and free up their time for family, the needy and themselves, he argues...

Outside research backs up their arguments. An Oxford University study in 2015 estimated nearly half of the American workforce is at risk of automation.​

Catastrophic.

So let me make it simple, excluding Germany, the very reason Europe is in its current economic dilemma and their economies and entitlement programs are unsustainable is the very reason they lag behind in medical and technological innovation.
FYI our current welfare, support, medical, housing, programs must be pretty close to their proposal considering our labor participation rate, supposed unemployment rate indicate a great many people have discovered and accept this new acceptable standard of living.

So let me make it simple, excluding Germany, the very reason Europe is in its current economic dilemma and their economies and entitlement programs are unsustainable is the very reason they lag behind in medical and technological innovation.
FYI our current welfare, support, medical, housing, programs must be pretty close to their proposal considering our labor participation rate, supposed unemployment rate indicate a great many people have discovered and accept this new acceptable standard of living.
"From each according to their ability, to each according to their need." Does that sound familiar? Well, what happens when "needs" exceed "ability". Are you a fan of Ayn Rand?

"From each according to their ability, to each according to their need." Does that sound familiar? Well, what happens when "needs" exceed "ability". Are you a fan of Ayn Rand?

It's simple ----- you put in a dollar and take out ten.

Hell, everybody can do it .... right?

Forum List

Back