Europe and Asia Slowing Down and Turning Hard Right

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Google, MGM and many other companies are in varying degrees of trouble over:

Nationalism is pushing back on Globalism most noticeably in the EU elections and the US but Hong Kong is giving China trouble again with protests and widespread dual citizenship.

All sorts of regulatory regimes are coming out of the woodwork to make international trade more difficult.

Immigration crises are no longer seen as a humanitarian problem but simply an excuse for human trafficking. Mass deportations seem to be the most likely result.

So, when and how the above will be resolved? Because until and unless a resolution is reached the markets are going to be quirky.

I've been so fascinated about nationalism. So, Obama messes with the economy for National Motor interests like GM, isn't that Nationalism? That is like the inseperable linkage of Toyota and Japan's government and economy health. Now do people realize how Nationalist the Communists are? The Communist Chile "Nationalized" that means take over US businesses for themselves and the CIA may have assassinated or thought about it , the 70's dictator in Communist Chile. The south-east Asians became racist and nationalist bigots. So where are these ridiculous measures of "Nationalism", people don't point out Measures.

I've been so fascinated about nationalism. So, Obama messes with the economy for National Motor interests like GM, isn't that Nationalism? That is like the inseperable linkage of Toyota and Japan's government and economy health. Now do people realize how Nationalist the Communists are? The Communist Chile "Nationalized" that means take over US businesses for themselves and the CIA may have assassinated or thought about it , the 70's dictator in Communist Chile. The south-east Asians became racist and nationalist bigots. So where are these ridiculous measures of "Nationalism", people don't point out Measures.
while I don't have a position on nationalism, this is the stock market forum. The key take away is that international rules are going bye-bye because of disasters like Merkel and Obama. Renault's attempt to make itself the biggest auto maker in the world by allying with Japanese firms blew up because of the differences in unwritten rules. Japan does not want to be like France and vice versa.

I wasn't aware of most of what you said. Do you care to explain any?

No opinion on Nationalism? That's the Nazi's by the way with some language translation.

You know, I never even heard about Cabaret , the Pre-World War 2 Germany scene, I liked Money Town! lol
Well Supply and Demand is simple when they prop up Farmers I assume is Much different to where we directly prop up our automaker and other nations prop up their automakers in some artificial economic manipulation. That isn't creating anything economically in the world, in fact, the argument said "Too Big to Fail" Because all these nations need tank-producing capacities or Whatever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back