Euro-bikes, rice burners and others

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
He ya go guys and gals, your very own non HD thread.........

Oh and I've always been a Yami fan........

I even like the color scheme.

IMG_3297-777996.jpg

Also been looking at the Can Am Spyder but pretty sure I don't want to fork out that much money.

Can-Am-Spyder-ST-S.jpg

The Spyder is not a motorcycle, it is a snowmobile for the road. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't know any motorcyclists who have any interest in owning one. It's just an interesting curiosity.

Yamaha has probably done the best job of creating "cruisers" that capture all of the desirable features of a Harley, along with Japanese build quality and reliability. But I recently sold the best cruiser ever to be produced under a Japanese nameplate, a Kawa Vulcan Classic 2000LT. Simply majestic.

Traded it, even up, for a Goldwing.

Next up, I think I'll get one of those BMW touring bikes.

The Spyder is not a motorcycle, it is a snowmobile for the road. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I don't know any motorcyclists who have any interest in owning one. It's just an interesting curiosity.

Yamaha has probably done the best job of creating "cruisers" that capture all of the desirable features of a Harley, along with Japanese build quality and reliability. But I recently sold the best cruiser ever to be produced under a Japanese nameplate, a Kawa Vulcan Classic 2000LT. Simply majestic.

Traded it, even up, for a Goldwing.

Next up, I think I'll get one of those BMW touring bikes.

I see lots of Spyders out here in CO but I can't see spending that kind of money on something I'm not gonna ride all year round.
Kawas are great bikes, that would be my (real) second choice if I couldn't find the Yami I wanted.
Beamers are awesome bikes but I really just don't like the way they look besides they generally sit too high for me.

Started on a GT 80 on to a YZ 80 then a YZ 125 had a FZ 750 and finished with a Warrior which I recently sold in anticipation of a side by side for the new property thats coming.

wow, I started out on a mini bike. then went to a ct90 to a hodaka 125, to a Suzuki 185 I believe, to a Husqvarna 350. then onto my first street bike which was a Honda 360 scrambler. next I move to a sportster then a whole bunch of different bikes from there

Bridgestone 200
Yamaha RD350
Kawasaki Mach II (500)
Thirty year gap
Honda 650 Nighthawk
Honda ST1100
Honda Magna 750
Honda PC800 ("Pacific Coast")
Yamaha Venture Royale
Kawasaki Vulcan 2000LT
Goldwing.

Reluctantly, I have to admit that I can never be satisfied with only one bike. There are times when I want a cruiser, times when I want to ride a crotch rocket, and times when I want to hit the highway in comfort with the stereo blaring. But alas...

first bike was a Bultaco 175 Mercurio back in about 64 . After that I had ' Made in England ' Triumphs , BSA , . After that in the very early 80s I went Japanese with a Suzuki GS 1100 inline 4 just to see what Japanese bikes were as I had always disliked them based on the thought that they were not really motorcycles as they weren't traditional . Anyway , Japanese bikes are excellent motorcycles , Also had a couple old Sportsters which I liked very much . Now I have a 2008 Triumph Bonneville , its a nice bike reminiscent of the old Bonneville . A little too big at about 500 pounds compared to the old Bonnies 385 pounds . About 70 horse power , good looks , reliable and ready to go coast to coast . Cruise at 80 with a top speed at about 110 , maybe more and easily modified for looks or more power and speed . Best cruising is around 65 - 70 because it has no stock wind protection . Still , a nice simple , reliable motorcycle .

Forum List

Back