Euro 2016 (Football)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
So the UEFA Euro 2016 football begins today in France and goes on until July 10th.

I've started this thread for anyone who'll be following the tournament and wants to comment etc. Myself, I'll attempt to give updates each day.

The opening match is France vs Romania, which France should win. The Romanian's aren't the sort of team they had when Gheorghe Hagi and Dan Petrescu represented that nation.

Here's the UEFA Euro 2016 official website, with the match fixtures.

UEFA EURO 2016 - Matches - UEFA.com

Edited for spelling error.

Last edited:
I'm watching Cooa Americas this week. Tremedous. Peru Ecuador Had tremendous game last night. Was 2-0 Peru but back came Ecuador tie! Such ball trapping hadling soft passes through the air up close high traffic. Instinct play, I don't see how you could teach it? Ven 1-0 over Uruguay just ended.

Sorry. Edit not work for me. keypad one finger touch type. Cannot highlight cut paste redo. Copa America .....not Coos

• Banned
I've ordered tickets to Ireland v Sweden. I hope they get to my hotel on time.

Hopefully your tickets will arrive today, the maximum would be Midday Monday.

Probably going to take several hours to get into all of the Stadia due to the crazy security.

Ireland vs Sweden, if Ireland can't at least get a point from that match, then I think they'll already be sunk as the others in Group E are Italy and Belgium.

• Banned
I'm watching Cooa Americas this week. Tremedous. Peru Ecuador Had tremendous game last night. Was 2-0 Peru but back came Ecuador tie! Such ball trapping hadling soft passes through the air up close high traffic. Instinct play, I don't see how you could teach it? Ven 1-0 over Uruguay just ended.

We've been watching some of the Copa America.

As always supporting Argentina who play Saturday against Panama, Argentina should win. The other match is Chile vs Bolivia, Chile are an excellent team. as they showed in the Brasil World Cup.

Columbia vs Costa Rica on Sunday should be good, both are fantastic, again as they showed in the Brasil World Cup.

Uruguay losing 0-1 to Venezuela of ALL teams is pretty shocking, WTF happened there I don't know, obviously a freak result.

• Banned
Deutschland über alles

I expect Germany to win the tournament, I'll be stunned if they don't. Germany's opening match is against the Ukraine on Sunday at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille.

This is Group C, the others in the group are Poland and Northern Ireland. I'd say Germany and Poland will progress from the group. Germany topping Group C and Poland second.

Our first match is against our great friends Hungary, this is on Monday at the Matmut Atlantique in Bordeaux, I think we'll win.

This is Group F, the others in the group are Iceland and Portugal.

I think Group D is the most difficult Group, this is Croatia, the Czech Republic, Spain and (I spit on them) Turkey. If I were putting a bet on, then I'd place my bet on Croatia and Spain progressing from the Group.

So the UEFA Euro 2016 football begins today in France and goes on until July 10th.

I've started this thread for anyone who'll be following the tournament and wants to comment etc. Myself, I'll attempt to give updates each day.

The opening match is France vs Romania, which France should win. The Romanian's aren't the sort of team they had when Gheorghe Hagi and Dan Petrescu represented that nation.

So France vs Romania, the opening match kicks off in half an hour from now at 9pm at the Stade de France, Saint-Denis.

Saint-Denis is about 10 km north of Paris, the people in Saint-Denis are known as Dionysiens.

So France vs Romania, the opening match kicks off in half an hour from now at 9pm at the Stade de France, Saint-Denis.

Saint-Denis is about 10 km north of Paris, the people in Saint-Denis are known as Dionysiens.
Dionysiens
mean?

viva germany
viva germany
viva germany

Die-Mannschaft-Wallpapers.jpg

Deutschland über alles

I expect Germany to win the tournament, I'll be stunned if they don't. Germany's opening match is against the Ukraine on Sunday at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille.

This is Group C, the others in the group are Poland and Northern Ireland. I'd say Germany and Poland will progress from the group. Germany topping Group C and Poland second.

Our first match is against our great friends Hungary, this is on Monday at the Matmut Atlantique in Bordeaux, I think we'll win.

This is Group F, the others in the group are Iceland and Portugal.

I think Group D is the most difficult Group, this is Croatia, the Czech Republic, Spain and (I spit on them) Turkey. If I were putting a bet on, then I'd place my bet on Croatia and Spain progressing from the Group.
2120645_full-lnd.jpg

Enjoy the game.

Can't wait till England slaughters Wales on Thursday :mm:

View attachment 77704

They're in the same group yes, is it Group B? I'll have to have a look at the Groups.

Yes Group B with Russia and Slovakia.

France vs Romania still at 0-0 at 40 minutes.

So HT and 0-0, although it could be 2-0, Griezmann hitting the woodwork and Giroud had he of directed his header from the Payet corner better.

France had better get a goal in the SH, a draw on home turf, in the opening match would be very embarrassing for the French.

Edited to add comment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back