Eugenics Then...But Now?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Many of us have discussed the prominence of eugenics in early left-wing doctrine, but one would have thought that this idea had been removed from the Progressive platform due to the horrors of the Holocaust....

Think again:

"Television pundit Virginia Ironside prompted outrage yesterday after saying she would suffocate a child to end its suffering.

Shocked BBC viewers complained after the agony aunt said she would hold a pillow over the face of a child in pain.

Minutes earlier the controversial writer said 'a loving mother' would abort an unwanted or disabled baby, and praised abortion as 'a moral and unselfish act'.
Miss Ironside said: 'If a baby's going to be born severely disabled or totally unwanted, surely an abortion is the act of a loving mother.'

She added: 'If I were the mother of a suffering child - I mean a deeply suffering child - I would be the first to want to put a pillow over its face... If it was a child I really loved, who was in agony, I think any good mother would.'...abortion could be an act of kindness...it can be a moral and unselfish act... [there are] millions of disabled and unwanted children around the world who were left suffering in institutions....argued that doctors should not fight to save very premature babies."

Her latest comments were made as doctors prepared to lobby for a change in the law to allow people to help the terminally ill to die."
I Would Suffocate a Child! - CafeMom

Read more: Virginia Ironside sparks BBC outrage: 'I'd suffocate child to end its suffering' | Mail Online

Ah, the brave old world of Progressives.

Anyone else hear the echoes of Drs. Emanuel, Berwick and other supporters of Obamacare?

Many of us have discussed the prominence of eugenics in early left-wing doctrine, but one would have thought that this idea had been removed from the Progressive platform due to the horrors of the Holocaust....

Think again:

"Television pundit Virginia Ironside prompted outrage yesterday after saying she would suffocate a child to end its suffering.

Shocked BBC viewers complained after the agony aunt said she would hold a pillow over the face of a child in pain.

Minutes earlier the controversial writer said 'a loving mother' would abort an unwanted or disabled baby, and praised abortion as 'a moral and unselfish act'.
Miss Ironside said: 'If a baby's going to be born severely disabled or totally unwanted, surely an abortion is the act of a loving mother.'

She added: 'If I were the mother of a suffering child - I mean a deeply suffering child - I would be the first to want to put a pillow over its face... If it was a child I really loved, who was in agony, I think any good mother would.'...abortion could be an act of kindness...it can be a moral and unselfish act... [there are] millions of disabled and unwanted children around the world who were left suffering in institutions....argued that doctors should not fight to save very premature babies."

Her latest comments were made as doctors prepared to lobby for a change in the law to allow people to help the terminally ill to die."

Read more: Virginia Ironside sparks BBC outrage: 'I'd suffocate child to end its suffering' | Mail Online

Anyone else hear the echoes of Drs. Emanuel, Berwick and other supporters of Obamacare?

LOL!!! You're talking about pulling the plug on grandma, when you don't want grandma to have a plug in the first place. I guess that's con eugenics!!!

Think again:

LOL!!! You're talking about pulling the plug on grandma, when you don't want grandma to have a plug in the first place. I guess that's con eugenics!!!

The only plug in this discussion is the one in your ear that keeps your brain from leaking out.

We have eugenicist here @ USMB.
One Obama's Health Care Administrators , Peter Singer is a big time eugenicist .

Many of us have discussed the prominence of eugenics in early left-wing doctrine
Eugenics was popular amongst persons of widely varying ideologies across the spectrum.

That's more along the lines of euthanasia than eugenics.

In some instances, it can be. Usually, its done to avoid responsibility.

Like Dr. Kevorkian or a soldier sparing a bullet for a fellow who's dying a slow death? Or a knight carrying a misericorde?

ahhhhh yes, Oliver Wendall Holmes......much ballyhooed progressive lion of the supreme court. Buck vs. Bell;

"Three generations of imbeciles are enough".....unbelievable.

Last edited:
ahhhhh yes, Oliver Wendall Holmes......much ballyhooed progressive lion of the supreme court. Buck vs. Bell;

"Three generations of imbeciles are enough".....unbelievable.
Interestingly, they were diagnosed as morons and Carrie's daughter made the honour roll.

Not a prime example of letting the facts come before ideology, that case.

Murder is a legal term, moron.

S: (n) euthanasia, mercy killing

According to the House of Lords Select Committee on Medical Ethics, the precise definition of euthanasia is "a deliberate intervention undertaken with the express intention of ending a life, to relieve intractable suffering."[1]

Definition of EUTHANASIA

: the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy

— eu·tha·na·sic\-zik, -sik\ adjective

Euthanasia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Murder is a legal term, moron.

S: (n) euthanasia, mercy killing

According to the House of Lords Select Committee on Medical Ethics, the precise definition of euthanasia is "a deliberate intervention undertaken with the express intention of ending a life, to relieve intractable suffering."[1]
Definition of EUTHANASIA

: the act or practice of killing or permitting the death of hopelessly sick or injured individuals (as persons or domestic animals) in a relatively painless way for reasons of mercy

— eu·tha·na·sic\-zik, -sik\ adjective

Euthanasia - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Is this supposed to prove me wrong somehow? If a mother smothers a baby with a pillow what do you think the reaction of the community will actually be?

1. That was so kind of her, killing that poor child before it had a chance to suffer.
  2. That was despicable, she should be charged with murder and suffer the same fate.
The fact that you are even trying to justify the smothering of a newborn child shows just how morally depraved you are. Even if your vision of eugenics came about I would be willing to bet that the state would reserve the right of killing people to itself, so it would still be murder even under those circumstances.

By the way.

Sentencing at hand in battlefield mercy killing trial
'Mercy killing' husband convicted of murder - Telegraph
Woman convicted of attempted mercy killing takes her own life | Society | The Guardian
Woman Sentenced in Mercy Killing - The Canadian Encyclopediahttp://human-stupidity.com/stupid-d...frances-inglis-mercy-killing-assisted-suicide

It seems that mercy killing is illegal. I think that proves that I am the one that knows what I am talking about, again, and that you are the one that is confused, as usual.

Last edited:

Think again:

The only plug in this discussion is the one in your ear that keeps your brain from leaking out.

What makes you think anything is keeping his brain from leaking out? :eusa_eh:

Is this supposed to prove me wrong somehow? If a mother smothers a baby with a pillow what do you think the reaction of the community will actually be?

Depends. Did she cut the umbilical cord first?

The fact that you are even trying to justify the smothering of a newborn child

:eusa_eh:

You're an idiot.

It seems that mercy killing is illegal

So is women wearing pants in some places. So was a black man looking at a white woman. So was alcohol.

What's your point?

So is women wearing pants in some places. So was a black man looking at a white woman. So was alcohol.

What's your point?

That you think murder and a woman wearing pants is equivalent on some weird scale. You seriously need to go find a hole and pull it in after you climb to the bottom.

Last edited:
You're the one appealing to the law.

It used to be legal to kill a mormon in one state.

Appealing to the law as any measure of morality is proof that you're retarded.

You're the one appealing to the law.

It used to be legal to kill a mormon in one state.

Appealing to the law as any measure of morality is proof that you're retarded.

No, I said murder is illegal, and you cited something from a bunch of idiots in the UK that supports mercy killing. I then proved that mercy killing is also murder, and thus illegal, and you started claiming a bunch of other things, like women wearing pants, used to be illegal. That somehow justifies your argument that mercy killing is justified in your pathetic and twisted imagination. I suppose it is because you think that eugenics is science, and that killing unwanted, perfectly healthy, newborns is the act of a loving mother.

Sad. Really sad.

You are the one that is trying to make some sort of point. I am just mocking your total inability to even type a coherent sentence.

Forum List

Back