Eugenics is not why America had a post WWII golden age

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
In the 1920's and -30's, America encouraged the propagation of the fittest members of its population and discouraged the reproduction of the less fit 20-30 years later, when the generation(s) resulting from these efforts constituted the bulk of the working population (when they were in their 20's and 30's), we experienced a golden age. This was the same generation (19-34 years of age during the war) that constituted the bulk of our fighting force in WWII. They are the children of the Greatest Generation, which survived the Great DAmerica was arguable at its peak when this generation thrived

This quote was found in another thread. I find it dangerous and mal-informed at the same time. Enough I will suggest anyone who supports it to be neg repped.

The first problem is it forgets the systems put in place in the thirties which created America as we know it.

Second it ignores the level of national pride and teamwork WWII created.

Third it ignores the destruction of the world's other advanced economies. What competition was there in 1950? Germany, Russia, France, England, China? The war was fought across their countries not ours. Canada and Austrailia perhaps?

Fourth, the statement maker needs to think about the genetic effect one complete generation of breeding can have on even dog breeds. Very little.

Sure if you outright eliminate everyone with blue eyes to pass on the next generation will have fewer ppl with blue eyes. Not like the Eugenics Nazi's were that succsssful here in the twenties though.

Fifth, after the war America became less bigoted. Production was obtained from women and Blacks. Talk about a good portion of the populace we put down before the war making the country better!

These secret pro racism statements like the one I quoted are dangerous.

Forum List

Back