EU To Force Catholic Doctors To Perform Abortions

archangel said:
if ya aren't the "Rusty"...ya must be his "Brutha from another Mutha" cool! :cheers2:

I'm no rusty, but sometimes I'm crusty. Sometimes I go by the pseudonym "Rusty Shackleford", however.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm no rusty, but sometimes I'm crusty. Sometimes I go by the pseudonym "Rusty Shackleford", however.

just being a kinder and gentler soul for my NewYears resolutions...I still think ya are a brutha though...and thats cool! and hey crusty works for me too! :salute: ;)

archangel said:
just being a kinder and gentler soul for my NewYears resolutions...I still think ya are a brutha though...and thats cool! and hey crusty works for me too! :salute: ;)

I kinda like ya mean! If by brother you mean, african american, I assure you I'm fishbelly white.

rtwngAvngr said:
You found a source. You said so yourself. but you dismiss it because it's not SERIOUS. You're a joke, une blague grande.
You mean "une blague grasse" I suppose. Anyway, "you're a joke" cannot be translated in french. You would say "you're a 'bouffon'".

A source that is not serious is not worth anything. Kathianne said she provided one; however, I can find pages on the net saying pretty much anything I want.

Here's an example: http://www.metatech.org/911_conspiracy_world_trade_center.html

A source that is not widely known, and has a certain reputation of not making up facts (being objective/subjective is another thing) - Fox News, the NYT, even The Sun would be OK. The brussels journal? That's pretty much as good as metatech.org.

rtwngAvngr said:
Could you post a link to your allegedly disreputable source, accompanied by an explanation WHY it's not to be trusted? Do it now please.

Had you read my post, you wouldn't ask this.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=369252&postcount=44

I can repeat: I've never heard of this "journal". It turns out there is no paper, it is just a website of opinions. They have no reporters, only commentators. Which leads to the question: what is the original source? Why isn't any paper or TV channel reporting that in France, Belgium, in England/Ireland, or in the USA? The absence of recognition of this site, the deafening silence of the world on this issue make me question this source.

Anything to add, or shall I repeat a third time? ;)

IIIX said:
You mean "une blague grasse" I suppose. Anyway, "you're a joke" cannot be translated in french. You would say "you're a 'bouffon'".

A source that is not serious is not worth anything. Kathianne said she provided one; however, I can find pages on the net saying pretty much anything I want.

Here's an example: http://www.metatech.org/911_conspiracy_world_trade_center.html

A source that is not widely known, and has a certain reputation of not making up facts (being objective/subjective is another thing) - Fox News, the NYT, even The Sun would be OK. The brussels journal? That's pretty much as good as metatech.org.

Had you read my post, you wouldn't ask this.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=369252&postcount=44

I can repeat: I've never heard of this "journal". It turns out there is no paper, it is just a website of opinions. They have no reporters, only commentators. Which leads to the question: what is the original source? Why isn't any paper or TV channel reporting that in France, Belgium, in England/Ireland, or in the USA? The absence of recognition of this site, the deafening silence of the world on this issue make me question this source.

Anything to add, or shall I repeat a third time? ;)

Well if you had read the post #1, you would have found the link to here:

http://europa.eu.int/index_fr.htm

From there, you could have found the link to here:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/justice_home/cfr_cdf/list_opinions_en.htm

Wherein most of the site becomes French only, which of course makes sense, since they were the ones writing all the details of EU Constitution, which the people of France voted against. Makes a lot of sense I know, but heh, they are French.

One link goes on for 145 pages, :rolleyes:

You can obviously read French, check it out.

Kathianne said:
Well if you had read the post #1, you would have found the link to here:

http://europa.eu.int/index_fr.htm

From there, you could have found the link to here:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/justice_home/cfr_cdf/list_opinions_en.htm

Wherein most of the site becomes French only, which of course makes sense, since they were the ones writing all the details of EU Constitution, which the people of France voted against. Makes a lot of sense I know, but heh, they are French.

One link goes on for 145 pages, :rolleyes:

You can obviously read French, check it out.
All european documents are edited in all of the official languages of the EU, which include English. Check the top right of the page to change the language. The official document, the european directive deciding that doctors can perform abortions, can be found on the web in English if it exists. It is well known that it is impossible to prove a negative absolutely (to prove that something does not exist or did not happen); this is why I am asking you to find this law.

As for the links you gave ...the second one does not provide any information on the matter at hand. It is a list of opinions of human right experts on subjects that do not include abortion.

IIIX said:
Hm, well, the french part of the site is in french, of course. All european documents are edited in all of the official languages of the EU, which include english. Check the top right of the page to change the language.

As for the links you gave ...the second one does not provide any information on the matter at hand. It is a list of opinions of human right experts on subjects that do not include abortion.

Ah but you can navigate the site, non? I'm not going to do all that, nor should the original link, it's there for your edification. No 'bogus' or 'biased' link there. I can't help it that the EU chooses to write reams, when basic human rights are easily enough understood, but heh, it's the French that are running that mess, whoops, were.

Kathianne said:
Ah but you can navigate the site, non? I'm not going to do all that, nor should the original link, it's there for your edification. No 'bogus' or 'biased' link there. I can't help it that the EU chooses to write reams, when basic human rights are easily enough understood, but heh, it's the French that are running that mess, whoops, were.
Euro-haters (mostly from England) generally like to claim that it is the French AND the German that run europe. You are the first person I know who claims the French did it alone... and it would be technically false, since Europe has a system that allow countries to express themselves in function of their population.

As for the link, I am still saying that you are responsible for finding a proof of your assertion. Saying that I should prove you wrong before you gave any elements of proof for your case is not honest. In justice, it would be a case of someone being "guilty until proven innocent".

IIIX said:
Euro-haters (mostly from England) generally like to claim that it is the French AND the German that run europe. You are the first person I know who claims the French did it alone... and it would be technically false, since Europe has a system that allow countries to express themselves in function of their population.

As for the link, I am still saying that you are responsible for finding a proof of your assertion. Saying that I should prove you wrong before you gave any elements of proof for your case is not honest. In justice, it would be a case of someone being "guilty until proven innocent".
Wrong, you certainly don't have to respond, that is certainly your right. By the same token, you do not get to call what I or anyone has to prove to you.

Actually, if the site, the EU site was functioning properly, I may have been able to provide more. I tried to search, but got a message that the search engine was 'not functioning'. You may be used to that, I'm not. If you were to peruse my posts, you might just find that I do enjoy researching, but have found that isn't easy to do with either EU stuff or UN stuff.

Kathianne said:
Wrong, you certainly don't have to respond, that is certainly your right. By the same token, you do not get to call what I or anyone has to prove to you.
I explained clearly that I consider it to be your duty. It doesn't make it your duty unless I try to use some authority to force you, which I can't anyway.

I am just expressing my opinion that someone has to provide a serious, believable source when he posts a news story. If he does not, he will incite people to discuss something that might be bogus, which is a waste of time. So, I do get to call what people has to prove to me. It doesn't force you to prove it to me in any way.

Kathianne said:
Actually, if the site, the EU site was functioning properly, I may have been able to provide more. I tried to search, but got a message that the search engine was 'not functioning'. You may be used to that, I'm not. If you were to peruse my posts, you might just find that I do enjoy researching, but have found that isn't easy to do with either EU stuff or UN stuff.
Well, I could say that this is due to the fact that the American agency that gives domains delivered the ".eu" only a few weeks from now, while it has been requested years ago. I don't know if it is the actual reason, so it wouldn't be honest to accuse them ;).

IIIX said:
I explained clearly that I consider it to be your duty. It doesn't make it your duty unless I try to use some authority to force you, which I can't anyway.

I am just expressing my opinion that someone has to provide a serious, believable source when he posts a news story. If he does not, he will incite people to discuss something that might be bogus, which is a waste of time. So, I do get to call what people has to prove to me. It doesn't force you to prove it to me in any way.

Well, I could say that this is due to the fact that the American agency that gives domains delivered the ".eu" only a few weeks from now, while it has been requested years ago. I don't know if it is the actual reason, so it wouldn't be honest to accuse them ;).

You're correct, I've given the links, those interested go search out what they wish.

As for the bolded, :laugh: Funny how Guardian, Telegraph, Speigel don't have that problem. However, you can trust that most Americans will NOT quietly turn over the internet to the UN or any other 'international' body. However, feel free to set up your own competitive web.

Kathianne said:
I've given the [link]
I don't think your link(brusselsjournal) is trustable, you do. I suppose that's the bottom line.

Kathianne said:
As for the bolded, :laugh: Funny how Guardian, Telegraph, Speigel don't have that problem.
These newspapers are on national domains. The guardian is a .co.uk, the Spiegel is a .de, and so on. I think you understand that having the internet site of the european union on a country's domain would be a problem, creating jealousy; having a .org or .com site is not very professional.

You are right for most the international organisations that I know. The UN or the OCDE's sites are useless or very hard to navigate for the commoner.

IIIX said:
This is very strange to me. French doctors (catholic or not...) can refuse to perform an abortion, in which case they are forced to give information to the pregnant woman so she can abort elsewhere. I don't know for the rest of europe, since laws vary greatly in the different countries.

I find extremely strange that the huge reform you are talking about made absolutely no sound in europe except in a belgian journal that is not available in french - a langage widely spoken in brussels, which is near wallonie - and in several right-wing blogs. Such a law is very improbable; especially since we would hear a lot of noise from anti-european british newspapers, from the very catholic countries of Spain, Portugal and Ireland where abortion is possible only in some extreme cases.

Is there any serious source available?

The article doesnt claim it was made into law. Just policy, or recomendation.

Forum List

Back