EU report proves, Georgia started Caucasus War.

mightypeon

Aug 4, 2008
Berlin Germany (NOT MASSACHUSETS)
Remember the little war not long ago when "Evil agressive Russia" was attakcing "peaceloving Democratic Georgia"?
Well, a recently released 900 page report by Swiss diplomat Heidi Tagliavani clearly attributes the blame to the Georgians, who, citation:"Initiated hostilities by firing on Russian Peace keeping troops under an international mandate".

Peace keepers do not side with one or the other side. The Russians were arming and training the break away republic. They were not peacekeepers at all but armed mercenaries defending a rogue State.

Peace keepers do not side with one or the other side. The Russians were arming and training the break away republic. They were not peacekeepers at all but armed mercenaries defending a rogue State.

????? :confused:

Really? Every news report that I read at the time showed that Israel was arming and training Georgia, that the US was supporting the effort with advisors on the ground, and even that we were providing material support to Georgia during the conflict.

This is the first I'm hearing that Russia itself was arming and training the republic. They were arming and training South Ossetia , yes, but the Georgian Republic? This is the first I've heard of it.

Really? Every news report that I read at the time showed that Israel was arming and training Georgia, that the US was supporting the effort with advisors on the ground, and even that we were providing material support to Georgia during the conflict.

This is the first I'm hearing that Russia itself was arming and training the republic. They were arming and training South Ossetia , yes, but the Georgian Republic? This is the first I've heard of it.

Pretty sure South Ossetia is what he's referring to as a rogue state.

Dumb ass.

Dumb ass.

Dumb ass? No.

Reading comprehension f-up? Yup - I'll give you that. My response was completely out of context.

But you gotta admit - if my response WAS in context, it WOULD have been a good one... :D

I am not making any assumptions about the legality of whatever action was taken, but Georgia clear Shot first, in a suprise attack and at both South Ossetian civilian and Russian peace keaping targets.
Bear in mind that this mandate has been in place for a very long time, and that the Russian troops activly conducted a naval blockade of Abkazia, another Georgian Break away republic, when Abkhazia was violating peace agreements with Georgia.

If you have conclusive proof that the Russian peace keeping troops activly violated their responsibilities prior to the Georgian attack, than go ahead and post it. Neither the EU nor the OECD report makes this claim.

And neither the EU nor the OECD is particularly pro Russian.

Does the well known fact that the US is activly supporting, training and arming Taiwanese forces allow China to launch a sneak attack of them?
Legally speaking, China has more rights to blow up US forces in Taipeh than Georgia has to shoot ar Russians in Tsinkvali, since China never signed any agreement to have those US assets in Taiwan, and the US assets in Taiwan do not operate under a UNO mandate either.
Unless you agree that having territorial claims on a not unanimously recogniced territorial entity legally entitles a nation to launch full scale military suprise attacks at both third party peace keeping forces and civilian targets, you will have a very hard time in legitimizing Georgias actions.

Oh, and Israeli involvement does have that much to do with Zionism. Georgias gouverment is quite pro western, and, apart from Armenia (and propping Armenia would totally piss off Turkey, the most moderate Muslem state) , the only other non Muslim state in the general region.
If Israels intentions would be entirely rational/secular whatever, they would likely be selling weapons to Georgia anyway.

Dumb ass.

Dumb ass? No.

Reading comprehension f-up? Yup - I'll give you that. My response was completely out of context.

But you gotta admit - if my response WAS in context, it WOULD have been a good one... :D

"But you gotta admit - if my response WAS in context, it WOULD have been a good one..."

Instant Classic! Fucking great!

georgia did start the war and they got to see first hand how well the usa treats its puppet states. commentary on the war from john mccain proved to me how stupid he really is.

Because they are after-all hypocrites and appeasers! The left has taken over Europe.

Georgia seeked to retake their succession states and Russia attack!

Georgia had been buying a large amount of weapons from Israel.

Israel was trying to make Georgia a Zionist base camp.

And encouraged Georgia to attack Russia.

LOL, you are retarded! Israel was selling weapons to Georgia to well MAKE A BUCK! That is why they sell weapons to China, India, Russia and even enemy states like Turkey. Georgia as a Zionist base! :confused: I don't think you even believe your own bullshit.

Again for the slow people. Georgia never attacked Russia. They went to retake a succession state, not think Russia would do anything. They were wrong. This thread has nothing to do with Israel or Zionism

Because they are after-all hypocrites and appeasers! The left has taken over Europe.

$orly.jpg

The National Interest

Europe leans right as voters choose EU Parliament | World news | guardian.co.uk

$car-crashes-into-house-roofFAIL-1.jpg

So if China retakes their seceding state in Taiwan with a sneak attack killing Americans, and the US retaliates with military force against China, that is a sign that the USA is also taken over by all hypocrites and appeasers?

Legally speaking, Georgia had a bit of a right to shoot, and since they started shooting without renouncing the peace treaties signed earlier, and since they shot at Russian peace keeping troops, Russia had every right to blow them back to Tiflis.

Georgia had been buying a large amount of weapons from Israel.

Israel was trying to make Georgia a Zionist base camp.

And encouraged Georgia to attack Russia.

LOL, you are retarded! Israel was selling weapons to Georgia to well MAKE A BUCK! That is why they sell weapons to China, India, Russia and even enemy states like Turkey. Georgia as a Zionist base! :confused: I don't think you even believe your own bullshit.

Again for the slow people. Georgia never attacked Russia. They went to retake a succession state, not think Russia would do anything. They were wrong. This thread has nothing to do with Israel or Zionism

i lol'd. what would we do if mexico came to retake texas?

Mexico invading Texas would be a bit different, as I said, more propably other things could be:

Japan invading Hawai.
Venezuela invading Columbia.
China invading Taiwan.
The latter is bearing the greatest likelihood to Georgia invading South Ossetia.

Last edited:
when will ghook learn to debate instead putting asinine statements in neg reps...

Forum List

Back