EU media - copyright laws criticized by Poland.

SobieskiSavedEurope

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2017
Putnam Lake, NY raised, Pawling, NY resident.
I can't say that I disagree, and it would appear to be ridiculous, considering the EU is ridiculous.

I'm hoping Poland leaves the EU.

Polish gov’t criticises planned new EU online copyright rules

Polish gov’t criticises planned new EU online copyright rules
14.09.2018 08:00
Poland’s digitisation ministry has criticised planned new EU copyright rules that aim to change the way in which internet companies use media, music, news articles and other content posted online, according to reports.
Image: TheDigitalArtist/pixabay.com/CC0 Creative Commons

The European Parliament on Wednesday voted by 438 to 226 to back new measures designed to reduce internet piracy and increase the profits of artists from works made available on the internet, but critics warned the new measures could limit the freedom of the internet and lead to censorship.

The Polish digitisation ministry on Thursday issued a statement to say that the planned new measures were contradictory to a compromise proposal that it said was worked out in July during the Bulgarian presidency of the European Union and which accommodated the position of the Polish government.

That proposal later underwent modifications in the course of debate in the European Parliament as a result of which it is no longer acceptable, the Polish digitisation ministry said.

It added that it was concerned about ensuring that any new rules do not harm freedom of speech.

With the proposed new measures greenlighted by EU lawmakers, the next step is negotiations with the European Commission, the executive arm of the 28-nation European Union, and individual member countries to reconcile their different positions, with a final vote expected next

I haven't been keeping up so I don't know what it's all about, but I'm definitely for more freedom on this issue.

Poland was never on the bright side. But rightists always use them as evidence of EU's failings. Because sometimes they critizise the EU.:argue:

Poland was never on the bright side. But rightists always use them as evidence of EU's failings. Because sometimes they critizise the EU.:argue:
There are definitely also leftists against the EU. For example Jeremy Corbyn, but he's not at all an isolated example.

The E.U. has enormous problems. Its fundamentals are seriously flawed. Nevertheless, it is essential that it prosper and develop into what it has the potential to become. World peace has been much enhance through European cooperation and unity. Europe and the rest of the world needs the E.U., just hopefully in an improved form.

The E.U. has enormous problems. Its fundamentals are seriously flawed. Nevertheless, it is essential that it prosper and develop into what it has the potential to become. World peace has been much enhance through European cooperation and unity. Europe and the rest of the world needs the E.U., just hopefully in an improved form.
Wow. You're so smart. Why are you here?

Forum List

Back