EU may break up in next 15 years: CIA

simple, just look at how the EU governments take on the security of their contries.... at least the US have made some changes in their laws to secure things a bit.. (I'm not saying they did not over-do it, but at least they tried something)

but, the EU governments are NOT doing anything. we can expect some changes in the next year in how things are going on in the streets...

you may not have heard, but there was a fight between gangs members two month ago in Paris in the "Champ des Elisee"( which is THE biggest street in Paris that leds to the 'Arc de Triomphe", and about 200 meters from where you can find l'"Elysée" (the equivalent of the White House in France)) and two persons were killed. In full day, around 5PM!

Now imagine this happening 200 meters from the White House, do you think this would happen?

I mean, if we don't get something similar to a civil war, or serious terrorist attack in France or in the EU in the followings years, well... I'll have to pay a bottle of champagne to all the members of this board![/QUOTE]

Hmmm, Nostrudamus yah say?

Now imagine this happening 200 meters from the White House, do you think this would happen?

I mean, if we don't get something similar to a civil war, or serious terrorist attack in France or in the EU in the followings years, well... I'll have to pay a bottle of champagne to all the members of this board!

Yes, I think it could happen that close to the White House, the White House is situated nearby to some of the worst neighborhoods in D.C.

It isn't just european countries that will be facing a financial collapse due to the cost of their transfer programs, heh.

I also have a theory about this. The decline in population has a lot to do with how lavish your welfare state is. More wealth transferred means a declining population. The reason is simple: kids are expensive. I make an average salary and it's hard for me to imagine having kids. If my paycheck wasn't being fleeced to the tune of $600+ a month, it would be a whole different ball game. European countries have larger welfare states, so it's not surprising that they have a native population that is declining while ours is rising slightly.

In addition, people used to rely on their children if they weren't financially solvent in their old age. (What a great incentive to be good parents and not raise kids that hate you!) Now we've removed the need for that (barely) with SS. Of course, the taxes to pay for SS mean that there are a lot more people who couldn't afford to accumulate savings during their working years, and it also means that there are fewer adult children who have enough money left over to support them.

About the killed near the Palais de l'Elysée : The Champs Elysées is one of the biggest street in Europe. It's shocking that people can be killed on this street. But the fact that Champs Elysées is near the Palais de l'Elysée don't make the point for me.
Pennsylvania avenue is very long too, i think that several people have been killed on it.

what about this black man, killed by 50 bullets of policemen, in NY ?

About the economy of Europe :

It is not so bad, UK, France, Germany ahev the best economies of the world with USA, Japan and China. But China's case is special : its population has not at all the level of its economy.

and the wlefare in Europe is good, don't believe we are in a fucking mess. I don't know for other countries, but France's welfare is good : excellent healthcare system for the people, ranked #1 by the WHO...

It's crazy that you are so "fascinated" by EU and its announced fall. Are you affraid of it ?

About the killed near the Palais de l'Elysée : The Champs Elysées is one of the biggest street in Europe. It's shocking that people can be killed on this street. But the fact that Champs Elysées is near the Palais de l'Elysée don't make the point for me.
Pennsylvania avenue is very long too, i think that several people have been killed on it.

what about this black man, killed by 50 bullets of policemen, in NY ?

About the economy of Europe :

It is not so bad, UK, France, Germany ahev the best economies of the world with USA, Japan and China. But China's case is special : its population has not at all the level of its economy.

and the wlefare in Europe is good, don't believe we are in a fucking mess. I don't know for other countries, but France's welfare is good : excellent healthcare system for the people, ranked #1 by the WHO...

It's crazy that you are so "fascinated" by EU and its announced fall. Are you affraid of it ?
Actually the EU zone is the largest economy in the world bar none, and its growing and growing. London is taking over from New York as the Financial Hub of the Globe. The EU is expanding and pouring wealth into poorer ex-soviet countries, but still it seems the old "well fair" state nonsense pops its ugly head, by the die hard capitalists. France has a bad rep for some reason, which isnt really founded on anything but smidgens of xenophobia. France may have more unemployement that the US but it has far less people below the Poverty line.

The EU wont break up, it is getting bigger and the states within are enjoying more and more capital gains due to it.

Anyway Hello people, and Hello Greg from Physics forums... I hope this site can be as Rounded as some others Greg is involved in....

Actually the EU zone is the largest economy in the world bar none, and its growing and growing. London is taking over from New York as the Financial Hub of the Globe. The EU is expanding and pouring wealth into poorer ex-soviet countries, but still it seems the old "well fair" state nonsense pops its ugly head, by the die hard capitalists. France has a bad rep for some reason, which isnt really founded on anything but smidgens of xenophobia. France may have more unemployement that the US but it has far less people below the Poverty line.

The EU wont break up, it is getting bigger and the states within are enjoying more and more capital gains due to it.

Anyway Hello people, and Hello Greg from Physics forums... I hope this site can be as Rounded as some others Greg is involved in....

Thanks Una and welcome. Oh physics of which I know zippo. I did run across something today though:

Three Bears [Jonah Goldberg]
Also, I have another peeve. Aside from the talking bears living in a nice middle class house, doesn't the story defy the laws of nature? If the Papa bear's porridge is too hot, that logically should be because it's the biggest bowl and therefore would take the longest time to cool. The mama bear's porridge should be "just right" because it's the medium-sized one and the baby-bear's should be too cool. Or, as is so often the case, do I have my physics wrong?
Posted at 12:30 PM
any thoughts? ;)

I kinda hang around the technology bit more than the physics bit there.. but anyway its incorrect I guess, the larger bowl would have a larger surface area of Porridge and thus would cool quicker :)

I kinda hang around the technology bit more than the physics bit there.. but anyway its incorrect I guess, the larger bowl would have a larger surface area of Porridge and thus would cool quicker :)

Then again, the larger amount would take longer to cool? Dunno...

Then again, the larger amount would take longer to cool? Dunno...

Well if the bowls had the same circumference at the top, but perhaps they were deeper and thus held more porridge I suppose the energy that was contained within would be more in the deeper bowls. But I think with bowls usually they are also proportionally deeper and have larger circumferences at the top, and thus I would believe that a larger bowl would allow porridge to cool quicker..

I have absolutly no proof for this so feel free to do an experiment :)

Well if the bowls had the same circumference at the top, but perhaps they were deeper and thus held more porridge I suppose the energy that was contained within would be more in the deeper bowls. But I think with bowls usually they are also proportionally deeper and have larger circumferences at the top, and thus I would believe that a larger bowl would allow porridge to cool quicker..

I have absolutly no proof for this so feel free to do an experiment :)

I'll have to wait for morning and ask neighbors in for porridge. *rushing off to Pier 1 now, for different types of bowls! *

The EU break up in the next 15 years? Pffft, yeah right. They'll spend the next 15 years talking about how to break up. Then another 15 years planning the break up. Then another 15 years re-examining reconciliation. I'm afraid the EU is here to stay thanks to all of the bureaucratic red tape.

Forum List

Back