EU Christians sign petition

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
1m Christians sign EU religion plea
By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in Brussels
(Filed: 25/11/2004)

More than a million people from all over Europe are to deliver a petition to Tony Blair and fellow EU leaders calling for changes to the constitution recognising Europe's Christian heritage.

Refusing to accept a secular "fait accompli" from Brussels, a Christian coalition is demanding that each EU state publish its version of the constitution's preamble, with references to God if desired.

Already armed with 1,149,000 signatures and with thousands more pouring in from Holland since the murder of the film-maker Theo van Gogh, the group claims that most states want some reference to Christianity but were blocked by France.

The move is keenly backed by Pope John Paul II, who has repeatedly condemned the "moral drift" of Brussels. "One does not cut the roots to one's birthright," he told pilgrims this summer.

Euro-MPs voted this week to back the calls for a change in the text. Petitioners, led by Italy's International Mission Centre, will now take their case to EU governments. The current version of the preamble eschews Christianity, talking vaguely of "the cultural, religious and humanist inheritance of Europe".

Valery Giscard d'Estaing, the former French president, deliberately left the issue open when he wrote the document, inviting a petition.

"I have chosen not to insert the reference to the Christian heritage in the constitution,"he said. "Rather I appeal to you to persuade me of its necessity."

A British official said it was too late to change the preamble, although national parliaments could add a "rider" stressing their country's Christian roots.

An EU official said: "These Christians could at least have the good grace to accept that they lost the argumen

dilloduck said:
1m Christians sign EU religion plea
By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard in Brussels
(Filed: 25/11/2004)

More than a million people from all over Europe are to deliver a petition to Tony Blair and fellow EU leaders calling for changes to the constitution recognising Europe's Christian heritage.

Refusing to accept a secular "fait accompli" from Brussels, a Christian coalition is demanding that each EU state publish its version of the constitution's preamble, with references to God if desired.

Already armed with 1,149,000 signatures and with thousands more pouring in from Holland since the murder of the film-maker Theo van Gogh, the group claims that most states want some reference to Christianity but were blocked by France.

The move is keenly backed by Pope John Paul II, who has repeatedly condemned the "moral drift" of Brussels. "One does not cut the roots to one's birthright," he told pilgrims this summer.

Euro-MPs voted this week to back the calls for a change in the text. Petitioners, led by Italy's International Mission Centre, will now take their case to EU governments. The current version of the preamble eschews Christianity, talking vaguely of "the cultural, religious and humanist inheritance of Europe".

Valery Giscard d'Estaing, the former French president, deliberately left the issue open when he wrote the document, inviting a petition.

"I have chosen not to insert the reference to the Christian heritage in the constitution,"he said. "Rather I appeal to you to persuade me of its necessity."

A British official said it was too late to change the preamble, although national parliaments could add a "rider" stressing their country's Christian roots.

An EU official said: "These Christians could at least have the good grace to accept that they lost the argumen

Millions of people all over Europe should also petition Tony Blair and fellow EU leaders to call for changes to the constitution recognising Europe's Christian barbarian heritage in order to celebrate the wars waged against each other in the name of Christ. Millions of people have been murdered and tortured in the name of their gods.

ajwps said:
Millions of people all over Europe should also petition Tony Blair and fellow EU leaders to call for changes to the constitution recognising Europe's Christian barbarian heritage in order to celebrate the wars waged against each other in the name of Christ. Millions of people have been murdered and tortured in the name of their gods.

Don't worry AJ. The secularists are having they say regarding how they feel about Christianity and Judaism.

dilloduck said:
Don't worry AJ. The secularists are having they say regarding how they feel about Christianity and Judaism.

The secularists have every right to think and say what they feel about religionists. That is what man's free will is all about.

According to the old testament, the Israelites killed of the nations of Canaan when they arrived. So maybe we should tone down the whole "killed in the name of their Gods" thing (I thought Christianity was monotheistic). Granted, the Israelite killings where a long long time ago.

I think the real issue is that Christian Europe is a dying. It's being eaten from the inside by appeasers and those that constantly beg forgiveness. The uber liberals are destroying the strong proud Europe that was. The Dutch are finally breaking out the difibrulators. Slow the imigration of those intending on changing Dutch values as opposed to adjusting to them. More power to them. I've always liked Holland. Good, well grounded, people. As they say in Amsterdam ... can't we all just smoke a bong ?!

DaTroof said:
According to the old testament, the Israelites killed of the nations of Canaan when they arrived. So maybe we should tone down the whole "killed in the name of their Gods" thing (I thought Christianity was monotheistic). Granted, the Israelite killings where a long long time ago.

I think the real issue is that Christian Europe is a dying. It's being eaten from the inside by appeasers and those that constantly beg forgiveness. The uber liberals are destroying the strong proud Europe that was. The Dutch are finally breaking out the difibrulators. Slow the imigration of those intending on changing Dutch values as opposed to adjusting to them. More power to them. I've always liked Holland. Good, well grounded, people. As they say in Amsterdam ... can't we all just smoke a bong ?!

The Israelites didn't just simply KILL the Canaanites, Jebusites, Hittites or Philistinians because they were there or in the name of G-d.

These civilizations were intrinisically evil and threw their own children as sacrifices into the fires of their gods. Does that remind you of any current day peoples?

Morality triumped by the destruction of this type of evil on the earth and hopefully will happen again today with our current brand of religionists who happily put dynamite belts around their childrens waists and sing songs of cheer when their own flesh and blood are blown up killing innocents.

Nature seeks an equilibrium and to do so the earth's cancerous body tissues have to be excised while some of the surrounding good tissue is also removed.

As far as I know, only the nations that worshipped Molech practiced child sacrifice. And yes, they where all warned before being attacked, and with the exception of one nation (amalek) they allowed the other nations to not be desimated. I am just saying that most religions have had violent periods of conquest. Judaism less so because it is not an inherently prostelitizing religion. Christianity does not conquer by the sword any more, rather by winning hearts. I wish the church would at least raise the sword to protect it's own, like the missionaries in Africa.

ajwps said:
The Israelites didn't just simply KILL the Canaanites, Jebusites, Hittites or Philistinians because they were there or in the name of G-d.

These civilizations were intrinisically evil and threw their own children as sacrifices into the fires of their gods. Does that remind you of any current day peoples?

Morality triumped by the destruction of this type of evil on the earth and hopefully will happen again today with our current brand of religionists who happily put dynamite belts around their childrens waists and sing songs of cheer when their own flesh and blood are blown up killing innocents.

Nature seeks an equilibrium and to do so the earth's cancerous body tissues have to be excised while some of the surrounding good tissue is also removed.

So are you saying you didn't kill them?

Your continual framing of chritianity as a barbaric religion is unwarranted. Get over it, aj.

rtwngAvngr said:
So are you saying you didn't kill them?

I am saying that I personally DID NOT kill anyone. Killing very evil peoples is not the same as conquering terrortories for conquest.

Your continual framing of chritianity as a barbaric religion is unwarranted. Get over it, aj.

Matthew 7 KJV

15"Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are really wolves that will tear you apart.

16You can detect them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit. You don't pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles.

17A healthy tree produces good fruit, and an unhealthy tree produces bad fruit.

I got over it but you must answer the question posed by Matthew 7.

ajwps said:
I am saying that I personally DID NOT kill anyone. Killing very evil peoples is not the same as conquering terrortories for conquest.

Matthew 7 KJV

15"Beware of false prophets who come disguised as harmless sheep, but are really wolves that will tear you apart.

16You can detect them by the way they act, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit. You don't pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles.

No I mustn't. Trees? Fruit? And you're not over it either. Quit being paranoid.

I thought he was referring to the Crusades, but you know that little history lesson perhaps deserves its own thread.

rtwngAvngr said:
No I mustn't. Trees? Fruit? And you're not over it either. Quit being paranoid.

Apparently you know nothing about Christianity. I wasn't talking about the Crusaders of Christ specifically.

For your information, the New Testament refers Christianity to the nature of the tree from which either good or bad fruit may grow.

The history of Christianity speaks volumes about the nature of the tree (Christianity).

ajwps said:
Apparently you know nothing about Christianity. I wasn't talking about the Crusaders of Christ specifically.

For your information, the New Testament refers Christianity to the nature of the tree from which either good or bad fruit may grow.

The history of Christianity speaks volumes about the nature of the tree (Christianity).

Apparently you're an obnoxious paranoid ass.

ajwps said:

Matthew 7 KJV

Perhaps Matthew was speaking to you too , AJ !

rtwngAvngr said:
Apparently you're an obnoxious paranoid ass.

Yep when your beliefs are threatened by your own bible it is always best to attack with invectives.

It is not up to me to cast the first stone for I too live in glass house.

dilloduck said:
Perhaps Matthew was speaking to you too , AJ !

Perhaps Matthew was speaking to the gentiles as the Jews had already been condemned for something that saves the Gentiles from their sins.

I doubt that Matthew was talking about me personally as I am one of the GOOD APPLES and PINEAPPLES.

rtwngAvngr said:
aj does seem like a bad apple. Apple pie anyone? Preheat to 350.

Yes you do sound like Uncle Adolph. Is this an example of good fruit falling not far from Christianity's tree?

ajwps said:
Perhaps Matthew was speaking to the gentiles as the Jews had already been condemned for something that saves the Gentiles from their sins.

I doubt that Matthew was talking about me personally as I am one of the GOOD APPLES and PINEAPPLES.

LOL I can guarantee he wasn't talking about you personally. It was most likely a general warning to not judge a book by it's cover.

Forum List

Back