EU Bureatwits Rule Water Does not Hydrate, lol

no YOU!

i read the actual regulations,
the application, and the reasons for refusal.

i also have enough of a functioning brain not to follow UKIP interpretations.

You have?

What in God's name for?

Are you paid to?

they are very short.

And still dont justify putting people in jail for claiming that water prevents dehydration, lol

and yes, one could say that those kind of EU regulations are relevant for my job. marginally, though.

And apparently the work has fried your few gray cells.

lol, no you! God you are too stupid for words to describe.

i read the actual regulations, the application, and the reasons for refusal.

So fucking what? You let regulatory nonsense lead into the obviously assinine notion that a company that sells bottled water cannot legitimately claim that water treats dehydration?

You are a fool.

i also have enough of a functioning brain not to follow UKIP interpretations.

So now its ad hominem too?

You are a moron in so many ways, you are embarrassing yourself and you dont even realize it.

now its ad hominem, too?

damn, that's rich.

maybe you are dehydrated,

drink some tap water or better bottled water, as i heard there is additional shit in your tap water.

You have?

What in God's name for?

Are you paid to?

they are very short.

And still dont justify putting people in jail for claiming that water prevents dehydration, lol

and yes, one could say that those kind of EU regulations are relevant for my job. marginally, though.

And apparently the work has fried your few gray cells.

in jail?

perps can be shot on sight by any EU citizen.

For clarity, here is the regulation:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:299:0001:0003:EN:PDF

A defense of the regulation
The Online Society

The pivotal part of the above is the following from the EU:

‘[The previous regulation] defines reduction of disease risk claims as ‘any health claim that states, suggests or implies that the consumption of a food category, a food or one of its constituents significantly reduces a risk factor in the development of a human disease’. Upon request for clarification, the applicant proposed water loss in tissues or reduced water content in tissues as risk factors of dehydration. On the basis of the data presented, the Authority concluded in its opinion received by the Commission and the Member States on 16 February 2011 that the proposed risk factors are measures of water depletion and thus are measures of the disease. Accordingly, as a risk factor in the development of a disease is not shown to be reduced, the claim does not comply with the requirements of [the regulation] and it should not be authorised.’

So, since they classify dehydration as a disease (though that isnot the kind of dehydration a bottled water company is trying to address as anyone with any sense realizes) and lack of water is classified as a measure of the disease and not a 'risk factor', drinking water cannot be classified as reducing a risk factor, and so the bottled water company cannot claim it prevents/treats/does anything for dehydration.

In short, thanks to bureacratic redefinition, categorization and general idiocy, the EU prohibited a company that sells bottled water from claiming that drinking their water can prevent dehydration.

And morons here rush to the EUs defense because they are ideologically blinded fools and dimwits.

now its ad hominem, too?

damn, that's rich.

Your dismissal of fact because it comes from UKIP is ad hominem, doofus.

And UKIP has been much more successful at predicting the reversals of the Euro and warning Europe of the EUs attacks on democracy than most.

Perhaps you shouldnt dismiss them so quickly, but then again, you are a dumbass.

now its ad hominem, too?

damn, that's rich.

And UKIP has been much more successful at predicting the reversals of the Euro and warning Europe of the EUs attacks on democracy than most.

Perhaps you shouldnt dismiss them so quickly, but then again, you are a dumbass.

"doofus", "dumbass" directed at l.k.eder = ad hominem (i am not a bird)

not trusting interpretation of a UKIP politician not = ad hominem.

your thread title is still a lie.

Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:404:0009:0025:EN:PDF

Offenses and penalties
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2080/pdfs/uksi_20072080_en.pdf

Offences and Penalties
5.—(1) Subject to the derogation contained in Article 1(3) (relating to trade marks etc) and to the
transitional measures contained in Article 28, any person who contravenes or fails to comply with
the provisions of the Regulation specified in paragraph (2) is guilty of an offence and liable —
(a) on conviction on indictment to a term of imprisonment not exceeding two years or to a
fine or both;
(b) on summary conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three months or to a fine
not exceeding the statutory maximum or both...

Why is it that stupid fools like you resort to parody when you cant get the facts on your side?

For clarity, here is the regulation:
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:299:0001:0003:EN:PDF

A defense of the regulation
The Online Society

The pivotal part of the above is the following from the EU:

‘[The previous regulation] defines reduction of disease risk claims as ‘any health claim that states, suggests or implies that the consumption of a food category, a food or one of its constituents significantly reduces a risk factor in the development of a human disease’. Upon request for clarification, the applicant proposed water loss in tissues or reduced water content in tissues as risk factors of dehydration. On the basis of the data presented, the Authority concluded in its opinion received by the Commission and the Member States on 16 February 2011 that the proposed risk factors are measures of water depletion and thus are measures of the disease. Accordingly, as a risk factor in the development of a disease is not shown to be reduced, the claim does not comply with the requirements of [the regulation] and it should not be authorised.’
So, since they classify dehydration as a disease (though that isnot the kind of dehydration a bottled water company is trying to address as anyone with any sense realizes) and lack of water is classified as a measure of the disease and not a 'risk factor', drinking water cannot be classified as reducing a risk factor, and so the bottled water company cannot claim it prevents/treats/does anything for dehydration.

In short, thanks to bureacratic redefinition, categorization and general idiocy, the EU prohibited a company that sells bottled water from claiming that drinking their water can prevent dehydration.

And morons here rush to the EUs defense because they are ideologically blinded fools and dimwits.

there are still many ways for the companies selling bottled water to claim exactly what common sense allows.

that drinking water quenches thirst, or is refreshing after a walk in the desert or during mountain climbing. :eek:

much ado about nothing. started by whinging wingers, who lie.

now its ad hominem, too?

damn, that's rich.

Ad hominem is not the same thing as simply using pejoratives, dumbass.

It is ad hominem when said pejoratives are the excuse for not accepting the sources reason or representation of facts.

It is one thing for me to express my opinion that you are a dumbass.

It is ad hominem when I say that you are wrong on some particular assertion because you are a dumbass, dumbass.

Yes, when you say you cannot accept the reporting of facts to you because it comes from a named source is ad hominem. One should rationally critique the facts presented instead of attacking the one conveying the claimed facts, which is what ad hominem is, dumbass.

No, it is accurate.

I have given the relevant EU docs with explanation for their stupid ruling. I have given the links to the docs regarding the punishment in England for violating said regs.

All of which prove you to be an ignorant dumbass of legendary proportions not merely because you are so stupid you actually defend the banning of the claim that water treats dehydration, but more because you persist in the defense when the facts clearly show you to be both wrong and collosally blind to any sort of independent thought.

Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:404:0009:0025:EN:PDF

Offenses and penalties
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2080/pdfs/uksi_20072080_en.pdf

Offences and Penalties
5.—(1) Subject to the derogation contained in Article 1(3) (relating to trade marks etc) and to the
transitional measures contained in Article 28, any person who contravenes or fails to comply with
the provisions of the Regulation specified in paragraph (2) is guilty of an offence and liable —
(a) on conviction on indictment to a term of imprisonment not exceeding two years or to a
fine or both;
(b) on summary conviction to a term of imprisonment not exceeding three months or to a fine
not exceeding the statutory maximum or both...

Why is it that stupid fools like you resort to parody when you cant get the facts on your side?

no one will go to jail for this.

there may be fines.

as usual.

Ad hominem is not the same thing as simply using pejoratives, dumbass.

It is ad hominem when said pejoratives are the excuse for not accepting the sources reason or representation of facts.

It is one thing for me to express my opinion that you are a dumbass.

It is ad hominem when I say that you are wrong on some particular assertion because you are a dumbass, dumbass.

Yes, when you say you cannot accept the reporting of facts to you because it comes from a named source is ad hominem. One should rationally critique the facts presented instead of attacking the one conveying the claimed facts, which is what ad hominem is, dumbass.

No, it is accurate.

I have given the relevant EU docs with explanation for their stupid ruling. I have given the links to the docs regarding the punishment in England for violating said regs.

All of which prove you to be an ignorant dumbass of legendary proportions not merely because you are so stupid you actually defend the banning of the claim that water treats dehydration, but more because you persist in the defense when the facts clearly show you to be both wrong and collosally blind to any sort of independent thought.

wow, so many words.

i have read the relevant documents.

the eu bureatwits did not rule that water does not hydrate.

your thread title is a lie.

you ad hom all the time in this thread. anytime someone posts something not in line with your lying thread title you dismiss it and call those dumbass, statist, government toad etc.

go to sleep.

there are still many ways for the companies selling bottled water to claim exactly what common sense allows.

that drinking water quenches thirst, or is refreshing after a walk in the desert or during mountain climbing. :eek:

But you miss the point: the UE banned this entirely justifiable marketing claim and enforce it under law with the threat of jail and/or fine.

Yes, statist boot-licking dumbasses like you see no problem with people being jailed and their posessions confiscated by the state over stupid bullshit like this.

Every despotic regime for the last century and from the dawn of civilization itself has had to rely on boot-licking fools like you to remain in power.

That wont ever change.

The rest of us simply have to be reminded that dumbasses like you exist.

Thank you for reminding us all with your excellent example of what loathesome slime humanity can reduce itself to.

no one will go to jail for this.

there may be fines.

as usual.

Maybe some will be jailed, maybe not. Usually draconian laws do get more punitive as the public becomes inured to the fact they exist and so things drift toward more harshness and tyrany.

Dumbass.

But you miss the point: the UE banned this entirely justifiable marketing claim and enforce it under law with the threat of jail and/or fine.

Yes, statist boot-licking dumbasses like you see no problem with people being jailed and their posessions confiscated by the state over stupid bullshit like this.

Every despotic regime for the last century and from the dawn of civilization itself has had to rely on boot-licking fools like you to remain in power.

That wont ever change.

The rest of us simply have to be reminded that dumbasses like you exist.

Thank you for reminding us all with your excellent example of what loathesome slime humanity can reduce itself to.

thank you for considering my input and not ad homineminiemieming the shit out of this thread.

you are clearly a scholar who has to be taken seriously.

wow, so many words.

Yeah, sometimes it requires a lot of words to rebut lies like yours.

They banned people from being able to claim that water treats dehydration, the docs of that ruling have been provided.

So why do you keep lying about them, dumbass?

your thread title is a lie.

No, you are the liar spreading lies. I have given the primary sources and explanation while you have given lies and obfuscation.

Dumbass.

you ad hom all the time in this thread. anytime someone posts something not in line with your lying thread title you dismiss it and call those dumbass, statist, government toad etc.

No, when cretins like you lie and keep lying in the face of documented refutation I call them what they are; dumbasses, fools and statist boot-licks.

Truth hurts, suck it up, toad.

go to sleep.

Not while vile lying beasts like you lurk the world.

Dumbass.

thank you for considering my input and not ad homineminiemieming the shit out of this thread.

The wise thing to do when one like you has been proven to be so entirely wrong on so many points would be to concede the matter, appologize for being slow on the uptake and then retreat from the discussion.

But since you are a dumbass you keep the thread going that shows the world what a lying cretin you are, lol.

wow, so many words.

Yeah, sometimes it requires a lot of words to rebut lies like yours.

They banned people from being able to claim that water treats dehydration, the docs of that ruling have been provided.

So why do you keep lying about them, dumbass?

No, you are the liar spreading lies. I have given the primary sources and explanation while you have given lies and obfuscation.

Dumbass.

No, when cretins like you lie and keep lying in the face of documented refutation I call them what they are; dumbasses, fools and statist boot-licks.

Truth hurts, suck it up, toad.

go to sleep.

Not while vile lying beasts like you lurk the world.

Dumbass.

the "EU bureautwits" did not rule that water does not hydrate.

that is a lie.

it is as simple as that.

The wise thing to do when one like you has been proven to be so entirely wrong on so many points would be to concede the matter, appologize for being slow on the uptake and then retreat from the discussion.

But since you are a dumbass you keep the thread going that shows the world what a lying cretin you are, lol.

well, what can i say.

i am highly entertained by what i am reading on these boards.

one can learn so much.

Forum List

Back