ets cut defense some more and get rid of more nukes

Damnit, if we're gonna go out, we might as well take the moon with us.

You two are cute, of course your ignoring the point. There is demands we get rid of all testing, all upgrading , all replacement of ANY stock of nuclear weapons. We have already grounded one third of our deterent by eliminating SAC, our submarines are not on patrol the same as they used to be weaking another 1/3 and we have taken our silos OFF alert status. eliminating the last 1/3 of our deterent.

look. I am not trying to be "cute". Your opening post in this thread mocks the very idea of getting rid of more nukes. I only asked you how much nuclear destructive power that you felt we needed to not get rid of? Would you think having enough thermonuclear warheads to incincerate the planet and kill all life forms on earth THREE times over would be enough, or would you go for a higher number?

and...I suggest that, when Manhattan IS incinerated by a nuclear warhead, it will not be one that arrived on the tip of incoming ICBM or cruise missile, but instead it will have arrived here in a suitcase inside a wooden chest inside a shipping container of similar wooden chests lifted off of some cargo vessel docked in the mid west side who had cleared a cursory "customs" inspection.... then carted off to a warehouse where our enemies will pick it up and go place it in an out of the way apartment in a run down neighborhood with a timer set on it. All the silos full of ICBM's...all the laser guided interceptors, all the fleet ballistic missile submarines in the whole wide world will not be able to stop a small group of fanatics from turning NYC into a pile of glowing molten glass as long as we care more about refereeing a civil war in Iraq, as long as we care more about the safety and security and freedoms of Iraqis than we do about protecting our own ports of entry from the real enemies lurking. But anytime anyone like me makes such a suggestion, we are shouted down on here and everywhere else as being a coward and a traitor and smearing the troops.

If and when America puts all of this current bunch of yahoos running the country on trial for dereliction of duty and war crimes in the wake of the next big attack and in the smoldering shadows of what used to a major America city, I will be filled with grief for my country and countrymen, but that will not stop me from saying, "I told you so".

I mean there is no threat from anyone anymore now is there?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070809/ts_nm/russia_military_flights_dc

"No threat from anyone"???

Sir , the Chinese are rapidly modernising their Air Force. They have started work on a new generation warplane. They have missiles which can target every city in North America. Hell..They even carried out a satellite killer test!!

The Russians are introducing their new Borei class nuclear submarines. The Russian "regime" under Putin is becoming even more colder towards Washington.

Meanwhile , terrorism is still a threat to U.S securities worldwide. Al Qaida is not finished yet!!

North Korea and Iran are slowly becoming rogue nuclear powers.

Iraq is still "wounded".

If the United States has to spend the bucks on defence then this is the time for it.Not the time for cutting defence expenditures. Not when most of the world is anti-American and rogue states are emerging more powerful.

Sir , the Chinese are rapidly modernising their Air Force. They have started work on a new generation warplane. They have missiles which can target every city in North America. Hell..They even carried out a satellite killer test!!

The Russians are introducing their new Borei class nuclear submarines. The Russian "regime" under Putin is becoming even more colder towards Washington.

Meanwhile , terrorism is still a threat to U.S securities worldwide. Al Qaida is not finished yet!!

Iraq is still "wounded".

If the United States has to spend the bucks on defence then this is the time for it.Not the time for cutting defence expenditures. Not when most of the world is anti-American and rogue states are emerging more powerful.
And let us not forget the grave threat presented by sarcasm.

As someone whose husband started his Air Force career as a missile operations officer, added up over the 4 year period, he spent 2 full years living underground playing with nuclear weapons...I'm not sure I'm overly concerned at this point. There were no rumblings about scaling back that he ever heard for his job or others like his.

Iraq is still "wounded".

You are really slow.

Forum List

Back