Khalaj, Turkic
42,107 (2000 WCD)

Khorasani Turkish
400,000 (1977 Doerfer)

Qashqa'i
1,500,000 (1997)

Turkmen
2,000,000 in Iran (1997)

= 27,445,107 Million people speaking Turkic being Turk.

These datas are as you see latest from 1997. Now we have 2006. MAybe it is now up to 30 Mio people in Iran?

maps:
http://www.gamoh.org/img/southaz.jpg
http://www.gamoh.org/img/b01tab.jpg

Gamoh is South-Azerbaycan awakening movement.

I dunno what you were meaning w/ this post, but I can tell you Iran had better watch themselves, or their new map may look like this:

is.php

European most spoken languages :

Spanish : 382 millions (322 natives, 60 second language)

English : 508 millions (309 natives, 199 second language)

French : 290 millions (125 natives, 165 second language)

German : 123 millions (95 natives, 28 second language)

These language are spoken in several countries.
Only in Europe for German
All over the world for Spanish (Spain and South and Central America...), English (UK, Eire ,USA, Canada, Commonwealth.........), French (France, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Canada, old French Empire - western and central Africa + Madagascar - french overseas territories, USA - Louisiana, Maine, New Hampshire - New Zeland, places in India...)
In fact, in all the old coutries who belong to the colonial Empires of these 3 countries before.

Carte-Francophonie.gif

Francophonie (organisation of the french language).
Add here several other countries (like Algeria of course, USA, New Zeland...)

Carte-commonwealth.gif

UK's Commonwealth
Add here several other countries (USA of course - you did it alone ;) - , Egypt.........)

I didn't understand why do you put this about Turkish in this thread, anyway it was interesting, I didn't believe so many people speak turkish ;)

padisha emperor said:
(...)

I didn't understand why do you put this about Turkish in this thread, anyway it was interesting, I didn't believe so many people speak turkish ;)

Yes and this is only in Iran. There are several Turkish dialects out there. Some easy to understand some bit harder (need a bit time to be comfortable with the dialect)

turklfa.jpg

http://titus.uni-frankfurt.de/didact/karten/turk/turklm.htm

Plus the best thing is here:
http://www.un.org/documents/ga/docs/51/plenary/a51-664.htm

In this UN-Document leaders of Azerbaycan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, and Uzbekistan agreed that ex-Soviet states switch to LAtin Alphabet from Kyrillic (Dead-line was 2005).

The President of the Azerbaijani Republic: Heydar ALIYEV

The President of the Republic of Kazakstan: Nursultan NAZARBAEV

The President of the Kyrgyz Republic: Askar ASKAYEV

The President of the Republic of Turkey: Su"leyman DEMIREL

The President of Turkmenistan: Saparmurat NIYAZOV

The President of the Republic of Uzbekistan: Islam KARIMOV

-----------------

I found no english source dor the second thing, which follows:
1990 all Cultural ministers of Turkic States met in Ankara. There Istanbul-spoken Turkish was officially recognized as High-Turkish for all Turkic states.
Plus the dialects and the words of non-Turkey states are being changed to meet Istanbul-spoken Turkish.
- Azerbaycan already changed there words to Istanbul-Turkish in 1992.
- Turkmenistan in 1995.
- Uzbekistan in 1997 till 2004
- Kazakhstan will follow 2010
- Kirgizistan also in 2010

Only the minority of Uyghurs in China miss, then you are, as a Turk, able to walk from Istanbul (East Rome) to the Chinese Wall with one Alphabet in Latin and one Pronounciation of the same Turkish word.

The Turkic languages constitute a language family of some thirty languages, spoken across a vast area from Eastern Europe to Siberia and Western China with an estimated 100-130 million speakers. The Turkic languages are traditionally considered to be part of the Altaic language family.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkic_languages

canavar said:
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=IR

Azerbaijani, South
23,500,000 in Iran (1997).

Kazakh
3,000 in Iran (1982).

Khalaj, Turkic
42,107 (2000 WCD)

Khorasani Turkish
400,000 (1977 Doerfer)

Qashqa'i
1,500,000 (1997)

Turkmen
2,000,000 in Iran (1997)

= 27,445,107 Million people speaking Turkic being Turk.

These datas are as you see latest from 1997. Now we have 2006. MAybe it is now up to 30 Mio people in Iran?

maps:
http://www.gamoh.org/img/southaz.jpg
http://www.gamoh.org/img/b01tab.jpg

Gamoh is South-Azerbaycan awakening movement.

My 2000 Almanac gives an Iranian Aberzaijani
population of about 15.6 million (24% of the total)
- a lower number than yours.

They are concentrated in the northwestern province
of which Tabriz is the capital, are they not?

If so, fine: let the Turks unite into one country
where they are contiguous- where their lands
border each other, and let the Turks also, to be
completely fair, withdraw from the lands of the Kurds,
and let the Arabs and Iranians do the same.

I recall you saying your family is buried in land
ruled by Turks, yet largely Kurd. No doubt the
same can be said for many Kurds.

As long as you both can honor the gravesites,
then what does it matter who rules?

not on mine but on sources of Ethnologue.com which further gives sources.
Editor, Ethnologue
c/o International Linguistics Center
7500 West Camp Wisdom Road
Dallas, Texas 75236 USA

I didn't mentioned Kurds. but it is natural to talk about them too, as there are living 3,5-4 Million Kurds in Iran and Kurds are ethnically linked with Persians.

No, it is not needed to unite Azeri locations and people in Iran with Turkey.
But Maybe someday North-Azerbayacan (Azerbaycan) and South-Azerbaycan (Iran-Azeri georgraphy ) can unite. This would be good. Very good.

Or a status similar to Kurds in Iraq , for example Federalism where they can decide their own fate and get rid of Mullah-fanatism. Once Mullahs are away Turkey's secularistic system is ready for them, as it was with North-Azerbaycan after independece of Soviet Empire.
No need for Turkey expansionism. Turkey will only change its boarders when WW3 breaks out, or a neighbour attacks us.
But bombing them (Azeris, Turkmens) in a possible Anti-Mullah operation is not an option.

Plus: Turkey is 700.000 KM2 whilst Iran is 1,7 Mio KM2.
When Azeris get federalism, independence, chance to reunite with North-Azerbaycan,
There is even much KM2 for North-Iraqi Kurds to join with Iranian Kurds. Kurdish expansionism into Iran.
Kurdish expansionism into Turkey is ridiculous to think about. Who wants to talk in Turkey must do it via T.B.M.M. (parliament9 in Ankara. As it should be in a parliamentary democracy and Kurds are allready takeing that option.
As i said, Turkish boarders will only change in a war (WW3) but not in an possible USA-coalition vs. Iran war. 100%.

Outside Kurds are better with makeing trade with Turkey, as North-Iraq actually does. For the rest: Turkey's fate is being voted in Turkish parliament. Not in foreign media and not from outside.

In Turkey it is being discussed by Union of Businessmen (TUSIAD) and State-president Sezer to decrease election baricades to 5-7 %.
Kurdish party DeHAP alway gets about 5-6% of total votes.

To get into Turkish parliament you need minimum 10% of total votes.

Current Interior Minister Aksu (Kurdish origin)
Current Education Minister Celik (Kurdish origin)
Parliament speaker Bülent Arinc (Kurdish origin)

As AKP got 34% of total votes in last election and the second party CHP got 19%.
Only these 2 partys are in the parliament as all other partya failed 10% barricade.

So AKP with only 34 % of total votes got ca. 75% of total parliament seats. Because parliament seats are divided only between parties who succeeded 10% barricade.

minimum 30% of AKP parliament delegates are of Kurdish origin.
Kurdish origin Delegates are therefore over-represented in Turkish parliament, which will definately change in next elections.

Minimum 4 parties will exceed 10% barricade. When 10 % barricade is being reduced to 5%, even 6-8 parties will get into parliament.

AKP lies presently constant at about 30 %
CHP (LEFT-Party) 21%
MHP (ULTRA-NAtionalist) 20%
ANAP (Conservative-Liberals) 11%
DYP (Nationalist) 10%
Dehap (Kurdish only party: Only Kurdish delegates) 6 %

Next parliament will definately have more Nationalist delegates, maybe an Ultra Nationalist (MHP)- Liberal (ANAP) - DYP (NAtionalist) government with either Nationslist Prime Minister or Foreign Minister.
EU Europeans have current Prime Minister good in their hands. They call. he runs.

canavar said:
not on mine but on sources of Ethnologue.com which further gives sources.
Editor, Ethnologue
c/o International Linguistics Center
7500 West Camp Wisdom Road
Dallas, Texas 75236 USA

I didn't mentioned Kurds. but it is natural to talk about them too, as there are living 3,5-4 Million Kurds in Iran and Kurds are ethnically linked with Persians.

No, it is not needed to unite Azeri locations and people in Iran with Turkey.
But Maybe someday North-Azerbayacan (Azerbaycan) and South-Azerbaycan (Iran-Azeri georgraphy ) can unite. This would be good. Very good.

Or a status similar to Kurds in Iraq , for example Federalism where they can decide their own fate and get rid of Mullah-fanatism. Once Mullahs are away Turkey's secularistic system is ready for them, as it was with North-Azerbaycan after independece of Soviet Empire.
No need for Turkey expansionism. Turkey will only change its boarders when WW3 breaks out, or a neighbour attacks us.
But bombing them (Azeris, Turkmens) in a possible Anti-Mullah operation is not an option.

Plus: Turkey is 700.000 KM2 whilst Iran is 1,7 Mio KM2.
When Azeris get federalism, independence, chance to reunite with North-Azerbaycan,
There is even much KM2 for North-Iraqi Kurds to join with Iranian Kurds. Kurdish expansionism into Iran.
Kurdish expansionism into Turkey is ridiculous to think about. Who wants to talk in Turkey must do it via T.B.M.M. (parliament9 in Ankara. As it should be in a parliamentary democracy and Kurds are allready takeing that option.
As i said, Turkish boarders will only change in a war (WW3) but not in an possible USA-coalition vs. Iran war. 100%.

Outside Kurds are better with makeing trade with Turkey, as North-Iraq actually does. For the rest: Turkey's fate is being voted in Turkish parliament. Not in foreign media and not from outside.
I doubt the Kurds are as closely linked
with the Iranians as the English are with
the French, and probably much less so.

And I do not see why the Kurds deserve
less to be united in one contiguous nation
than the Azerbai Turks.

canavar said:
In Turkey it is being discussed by Union of Businessmen (TUSIAD) and State-president Sezer to decrease election baricades to 5-7 %.
Kurdish party DeHAP alway gets about 5-6% of total votes.

To get into Turkish parliament you need minimum 10% of total votes.

Current Interior Minister Aksu (Kurdish origin)
Current Education Minister Celik (Kurdish origin)
Parliament speaker Bülent Arinc (Kurdish origin)

As AKP got 34% of total votes in last election and the second party CHP got 19%.
Only these 2 partys are in the parliament as all other partya failed 10% barricade.

So AKP with only 34 % of total votes got ca. 75% of total parliament seats. Because parliament seats are divided only between parties who succeeded 10% barricade.

minimum 30% of AKP parliament delegates are of Kurdish origin.
Kurdish origin Delegates are therefore over-represented in Turkish parliament, which will definately change in next elections.

Minimum 4 parties will exceed 10% barricade. When 10 % barricade is being reduced to 5%, even 6-8 parties will get into parliament.

AKP lies presently constant at about 30 %
CHP (LEFT-Party) 21%
MHP (ULTRA-NAtionalist) 20%
ANAP (Conservative-Liberals) 11%
DYP (Nationalist) 10%
Dehap (Kurdish only party: Only Kurdish delegates) 6 %

Next parliament will definately have more Nationalist delegates, maybe an Ultra Nationalist (MHP)- Liberal (ANAP) - DYP (NAtionalist) government with either Nationslist Prime Minister or Foreign Minister.
EU Europeans have current Prime Minister good in their hands. They call. he runs.
Since Kurds make up about 20% of Turkey's
population, the data above indicate 75% of
all Kurds do not vote for the Kurdish DeHAP
party, which would seem to show a high degree
of political assimilation.

However, if given the chance to vote on the
formation of a Kurdish state such as I described
earlier, I strongly suspect the Kurdish populations
of Turkey, Iraq, and Iran would give it overwhelming
support, perhaps higher even than 75%.

Here is a map showing the areas inhabited by
a Kurdish majority. They have been there
since before the Turks, Arabs, and Iranians
entered the region.

http://geo.ya.com/travelimages/az-kurd-map.gif

One thing I just noticed from the map
linked in my last post is that the Iranian
province of West Azerbaijan contains a
substantial Kurdish population.

It would be most fair if they were not
included in any prospective nation of
united Azerbaijan, if their wishes were
otherwise.

Perhaps the areas with a Kurdish majority
could to begin with recieve autonomy in
the manner of the Iraqi Kurds.

USViking said:
Since Kurds make up about 20% of Turkey's
population, the data above indicate 75% of
all Kurds do not vote for the Kurdish DeHAP
party, which would seem to show a high degree
of political assimilation.

However, if given the chance to vote on the
formation of a Kurdish state such as I described
earlier, I strongly suspect the Kurdish populations
of Turkey, Iraq, and Iran would give it overwhelming
support, perhaps higher even than 75%.

Here is a map showing the areas inhabited by
a Kurdish majority. They have been there
since before the Turks, Arabs, and Iranians
entered the region.

http://geo.ya.com/travelimages/az-kurd-map.gif

Your map is not usefull. As your map does not give figures on distribution. Your map says: "Everywhere coloured are Turkey-Kurds...

Look here, what i mean:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/images/dist-kurdish.gif

dist-kurdish.gif

In Southeast Turkey, there live only 5,5 Mio people including Turkish-Kurds.

Without Southeast Turkey, which has a personal income of aout 2.000 Dollars annually, other Turkey would have higher personal income (maybe 15.000-17.000) dollars.

These regions were over 15 years with Anti-Terror laws marked. No business men invested in past in such regions.
Turkish state giving bank-credits to South-East Turkey businessman, even took the money and invested it in Western Turkey.

I doubt what you said! Seperatists are minority. If 8-12 Mio people would wanted to seperate they already have achived this. You can't keep 8-12 Mio people jailed for decades.

Turkish state is Milk-cow for these regions. Wealthier regions share their wealth with those anti-terror surpressed regions.

Turkish Kurds want to join EU. Definately ambitious. They are one of most supporters of current Prime Minister.

And when Turkey wopuld be in EU, EU would pay for boarder securing as Turkey would be EU-boarder.

These regions were because of terror infrastructure-damaged, no medicine-man wants to go there, no businessman invest there.

Once Turkey succeeds makeing in these region a personal income of minimum 10.000 Dollar all problems will be solved automatically. Socio-economical dimension.

Then maybe Turkish Kurds who migrated in wealthier parts of Turkey in past decades would maybe re-migrate to South-East.

canavar said:
Your map is not usefull. As your map does not give figures on distribution. Your map says: "Everywhere coloured are Turkey-Kurds...

Look here, what i mean:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/images/dist-kurdish.gif

dist-kurdish.gif

In Southeast Turkey, there live only 5,5 Mio people including Turkish-Kurds.
My map is certainly useful, and is not at
significant variance with yours as far as
I can tell.

Your map shows that SE Turkey is even
more heavily Kurdish than my map shows.

One Mega-Project (Multi-billion) to raise economical power with infrastructure of south-east Turkey

is South-Anatolian-Project (Güney Anadolu Projesi)
http://www.gap.gov.tr/index_en.php

The total cost of the project is estimated as 32 billion US $. The total installed capacity of power plants is 7476 MW and projected annual energy production reaches 27 billion kWh.

The project rests upon the philosophy sustainable human development, which aims to create an environment in which future generations can benefit and develop. The basic strategies of the project include fairness in development, participation, environmental protection, employment generation, spatial planning and infrastructure development.

canavar said:
Without Southeast Turkey, which has a personal income of aout 2.000 Dollars annually, other Turkey would have higher personal income (maybe 15.000-17.000) dollars.

These regions were over 15 years with Anti-Terror laws marked. No business men invested in past in such regions.
Turkish state giving bank-credits to South-East Turkey businessman, even took the money and invested it in Western Turkey.
The recent prosperity of the area is not the
point; the point is that the majority-Kurd
areas should be permitted to leave if they wish.

Your information I would think shows Turkey
would stand to lose little if this separation occurred.

canavar said:
I doubt what you said! Seperatists are minority. If 8-12 Mio people would wanted to seperate they already have achived this. You can't keep 8-12 Mio people jailed for decades.
"Jailed" may be too strong a term. The fact is
the Kurds have been subject to the Turks for
perhaps 1000 years, and longer to the Arabs,
Iranians, and others.

In Europe the Ukranians, Belorus, Finns, Ests,
and Letts were subject for centuries.

And we will never know the true wishes of
the people unless they are scientifically polled.

canavar said:
Turkish state is Milk-cow for these regions. Wealthier regions share their wealth with those anti-terror surpressed regions.
If the Kurdish areas separated , then Turkey
would no longer need to be a Milk-cow.

canavar said:
Turkish Kurds want to join EU. Definately ambitious. They are one of most supporters of current Prime Minister.
An independent Kurdistam might eventually
be a good EU candidate, especially if it were
to include the Iranian and oil-rich Iraqi Kurish regions.

canavar said:
And when Turkey wopuld be in EU, EU would pay for boarder securing as Turkey would be EU-boarder.

These regions were because of terror infrastructure-damaged, no medicine-man wants to go there, no businessman invest there.

Once Turkey succeeds makeing in these region a personal income of minimum 10.000 Dollar all problems will be solved automatically. Socio-economical dimension.

Then maybe Turkish Kurds who migrated in wealthier parts of Turkey in past decades would maybe re-migrate to South-East.
There should be enough oil in the majority-Kurd
areas of Iraq to keep the state from requiring aid.

The primary objective of GAP is to normalise levels of development, income, and living standards between the southeastern region and other regions of Turkey. Creating economic and social opportunities and promoting business, GAP is transforming the region completely. Critical infrastructure, such as airports and highways, is being constructed to support the development of the region. GAP will provide jobs to an estimated 3.5 million people directly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Anatolia_Project

Plus when all this infrastructure is build-up, maybe European businessman or Turkish ones will invest there, too.

----------------------------------

The GAP administration estimates that when the project is completed, production will increase as follows:

Wheat 90%
Barley 43%
Cotton 600%
Tomatoes 700%
Lentils 250%
Other vegetables 167%

Between the new jobs in industry, agriculture, and construction of the dams, roads, and other facilities
the GAP expects to be able to employ 3.8 million people.
http://link.lanic.utexas.edu/hemispheres/units/geography/GAP_project_turkey.pdf

Vision: Realization of a democratic social structure made up of well trained, equipped and self assured individuals in a region where welfare prevails as a result of equal economic opportunities to all, where development disparities with other regions have diminished; where all resources are used efficiently; and where both productivity and employment flourish as a precondition of sustainable growth and social stability.

Overall Objective: To raise the quality of life for all people persons living in the region and to make this sustainable on the basis of participation. Basic Principles and Strategies:

• Observance of and adherence to the UN Conventions and other international obligations as well as to the basic principles and policies of the 8 Five Year Development Plan and those of the perspective for 2023.
• Development process in the region will take place in a manner that integrates economic, cultural, spatial and environmental dimensions, on the basis of human development and along the principles of participation and sustainability.
Objective 1: Bringing in the Social-Economic-Cultural-Environmental Setting for a
Sustainable Human Development Targets:
1. Enhancement of production, diversification of economic activities and bringing regional incomes closer to national averages.
2. Alteration in the composition of GDP so as to allow for sectoral consistency.
3. Raising the productivity and efficiency of labor, capital, enterprises and organizational/institutional arrangements so as to be competitive in international settings.
4. Development of land, water and other resources.
5. Prevention of environmental pollution and erosion control.
6. Preservation and enhancement of biological diversity with due regard to the ecological make up of the region.
7. Improvement of rural/urban endowments and technical infrastructures.
8. Protection and development of cultural properties and natural sites.

Objective 2: Consolidation of Social Structure by Enhancing the Capacity of Human
Resources and Local Institutional Capacity
Targets:
1. Enhancement of formal and informal education-training facilities.
2. Skill building especially for women and young people to enable them to benefit from production and employment prospects.
3. Providing opportunities for pre-school education.
4. Adoption of measures to ensure the school enrollment of school age girls.
5. Development of socio-cultural interaction spheres and improvement of access to cultural services.
6. Promotion of public and protective health care services.
7. Enhancement of the possibilities and organizational capacities of local people, particularly disadvantaged groups, to improve their access to decision making processes, resources and social services.
8. Support for local initiatives and enlargement of the share in the private sector.
9. Enhancement of the institutional capacity of local governments, professional
organizations and voluntary organizations particularly in relation to their service
extension.

Objective 3: Spatial Arrangements for an Equitable and Balanced Development
Targets:
1. Alleviation of intra-regional development disparities and improvement of socio-economic standards in disadvantaged sub-regions.
2. Ensuring more efficient spatial utilization; making the size and conglomeration of settlements compatible with economic, social and environmental concerns.
3. Improvement of rural and urban housing systems.

http://www.gap.gov.tr/English/Dergi/d9152001.pdf

USViking said:
And we will never know the true wishes of
the people unless they are scientifically polled.

elections are polls:

Demokratik Halk Partisi Dehap 6.2% (Kurdish only party; from Kurds for Kurds)
http://www.electionworld.org/turkey.htm

USViking said:
An independent Kurdistam might eventually
be a good EU candidate, especially if it were
to include the Iranian and oil-rich Iraqi Kurish regions.

most european citizen think that Europe ends exactly with european part of Istanbul at the Bosphorus.
It is an idea by you, but not likely. EU as it names says has geographical restrictions (European Union --> Europe). Turkey with Ottoman power was for centuries a European agenda with european territory. And as there are negotiations started, Turkey is geographically declared as European at the same time being Eurasian. A Bridge.

It is still open whether Turkey will join EU or not.

a) if yes: Turkey will join as a whole. As a strong Turkey securing south-east flank of Europe aganist all threats and other things. South-eastern boarder of EU will switch from Greece to Turkey.

canavar said:
The primary objective of GAP is to normalise levels of development, income, and living standards between the southeastern region and other regions of Turkey. Creating economic and social opportunities and promoting business, GAP is transforming the region completely. Critical infrastructure, such as airports and highways, is being constructed to support the development of the region. GAP will provide jobs to an estimated 3.5 million people directly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Anatolia_Project

Plus when all this infrastructure is build-up, maybe European businessman or Turkish ones will invest there, too.

The GAP administration estimates that when the project is completed, production will increase as follows:

Wheat 90%
Barley 43%
Cotton 600%
Tomatoes 700%
Lentils 250%
Other vegetables 167%

Between the new jobs in industry, agriculture, and construction of the dams, roads, and other facilities
the GAP expects to be able to employ 3.8 million people.
http://link.lanic.utexas.edu/hemispheres/units/geography/GAP_project_turkey.pdf

Vision: Realization of a democratic social structure made up of well trained, equipped and self assured individuals in a region where welfare prevails as a result of equal economic opportunities to all, where development disparities with other regions have diminished; where all resources are used efficiently; and where both productivity and employment flourish as a precondition of sustainable growth and social stability.

Overall Objective: To raise the quality of life for all people persons living in the region and to make this sustainable on the basis of participation. Basic Principles and Strategies:

• Observance of and adherence to the UN Conventions and other international obligations as well as to the basic principles and policies of the 8 Five Year Development Plan and those of the perspective for 2023.
• Development process in the region will take place in a manner that integrates economic, cultural, spatial and environmental dimensions, on the basis of human development and along the principles of participation and sustainability.
Objective 1: Bringing in the Social-Economic-Cultural-Environmental Setting for a
Sustainable Human Development Targets:
1. Enhancement of production, diversification of economic activities and bringing regional incomes closer to national averages.
2. Alteration in the composition of GDP so as to allow for sectoral consistency.
3. Raising the productivity and efficiency of labor, capital, enterprises and organizational/institutional arrangements so as to be competitive in international settings.
4. Development of land, water and other resources.
5. Prevention of environmental pollution and erosion control.
6. Preservation and enhancement of biological diversity with due regard to the ecological make up of the region.
7. Improvement of rural/urban endowments and technical infrastructures.
8. Protection and development of cultural properties and natural sites.

Objective 2: Consolidation of Social Structure by Enhancing the Capacity of Human
Resources and Local Institutional Capacity
Targets:
1. Enhancement of formal and informal education-training facilities.
2. Skill building especially for women and young people to enable them to benefit from production and employment prospects.
3. Providing opportunities for pre-school education.
4. Adoption of measures to ensure the school enrollment of school age girls.
5. Development of socio-cultural interaction spheres and improvement of access to cultural services.
6. Promotion of public and protective health care services.
7. Enhancement of the possibilities and organizational capacities of local people, particularly disadvantaged groups, to improve their access to decision making processes, resources and social services.
8. Support for local initiatives and enlargement of the share in the private sector.
9. Enhancement of the institutional capacity of local governments, professional
organizations and voluntary organizations particularly in relation to their service
extension.

Objective 3: Spatial Arrangements for an Equitable and Balanced Development
Targets:
1. Alleviation of intra-regional development disparities and improvement of socio-economic standards in disadvantaged sub-regions.
2. Ensuring more efficient spatial utilization; making the size and conglomeration of settlements compatible with economic, social and environmental concerns.
3. Improvement of rural and urban housing systems.

http://www.gap.gov.tr/English/Dergi/d9152001.pdf
Although plans for the economic development
of Kurdish areas are laudible, they are irrelevant
to the issue of Kurdish sovereignty over the lands
where they make up most of the population.

canavar said:
elections are polls:

Demokratik Halk Partisi Dehap 6.2% (Kurdish only party; from Kurds for Kurds)
http://www.electionworld.org/turkey.htm
I did not mean the results of regular elections.

What if the Kurdish population was asked to vote
"Yes" or "No" on this question?-

"Would you support the formation of an independent
Kurdish state consisting of the majority-Kurd areas
of Turkey, Iraq, and Iran?"

Forum List

Back