Ethiopian Christian executed by 'isis' muslims in Libya

tribal society is what it is Osomir !!

Ethnic society (traditionally more feudal than tribal in its governance structure: think medieval Europe). But religion also plays a large role in identity and in politics. To some nationalists if one is not Ethiopian Orthodox then one is not truly Ethiopian, and Christian "crusading" language or appeal to Solomonic history was utilized heavily in the country's past to call people to arms either for defense or for expansion purposes. The nature of Christ also played a huge traditional role within Ethiopian politics. Muslims have largely been kept to the periphery (but that Islamic faith generally goes hand in hand with ethnic divisions). The Oromia are one of the more diverse groupings.

We also have to keep in mind that the different parts of Ethiopia have very different histories in general and thus very different histories of interaction with the Ethiopian central government.

Last edited:
One of the useful roles that religion has played politically within Ethiopia is that it allows power seekers to transcend more divisive ethnic or regional/local identity structures; instead allowing them to address a larger audience; but that doesn't erase the other divisions, it just allows for different possible identity groupings to form.

tribal society is what it is Osomir !!

You claim to be a Native American but you seem to take no interest in posting any topic which is of importance to Native Americans. I find it hard to believe that a Native American would be obsessed with Muslims in Africa and Europe and Iran's nuclear program but show no interest in posting about condition of reservations across the U.S. Heck, I doubt you even know what a CDIB card is without Googling.

What is your game? I think I know the answer to that.

BTW, you should be the last person to frown upon the concept of tribe unless of course you are a fake Native American.

Last edited:

Shrug. Arab countries usually outlaw proselytizing (Israel does too.)

Look on the brightside, they died martyrs are partying with Jesus even now. Not a bad thing. Should martyr them all. Or is their dying bad somehow...? ;)

yes, their dying is bad, deltadawn. The Christians of Ethiopia are targets for muslims their------are desperately poor and are being exploited by the ass lickers of al nabi elsewhere-----this situation is nothing new----it has been going on for more than 1000 years

Forum List

Back