Ethics of Paradise

Jesus also preached "if they hit you on the left cheek, turn the right one".

Yes, taken from the personal injury law stating a life for a life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, and stripe for stripe.

A slap on the cheek isn't even on the list as a personal injury. At the time a slap on the cheek was considered an insult not an assault. Thats how slaves were treated.

Jesus was teaching that sticks and stones break bones, but names will never hurt me kind of thought.In other words .. don't seek retaliation in court for an insult that doesn't qualify as an injury.

He was not teaching people to not defend themselves against violence or to believe that seeking retaliation or restitution in court for any evil suffered is wrong.

What kind of person would teach people that they just have to take shit from everybody? Not Jesus. He didn't take shit from anybody.
It turns out that a Christian is not obliged to forgive his enemies? God will forgive?

Jesus said that if a person repents you should forgive them every time. If not....do the math.

When Jesus was dying on the cross he asked God to forgive them, "because they know not what they do", and look what happened to Judea.

Jesus said that if they were blind they would not be guilty of sin.

They must have known exactly what they were doing.

Last edited:
I am an atheist, but I believe that in the future technologies will allow creating an artificial God, the Afterlife, Paradise, etc.
My question is: if you were to design Paradise, what rules would you set for getting there?
The attitude of different religions to the problem of life after death is quite different. Abrahamic religions have one, Buddhism has another, Shintoism has the third, and so on. Conflict between different ethical systems is possible (suicide in Christianity is a mortal sin, and in the Japanese Code Bushido is a way to save honor).
It will also be important to take into account the ideological features of alien communities, if they exist in our (and not only in our) Universe besides us. They also need to be taken to the Afterlife.
There is a theory that everyone will be given according to his faith. But in the case of atheists, you can also take them to Paradise.
The most attractive is the idea that after death you need to take everyone into Paradise - regardless of their deeds and faith in life. This will avoid uncertainty when, under different ethical and religious systems, the activities of different people are evaluated differently.
So in Paradise, I want to take both the righteous and the villains. Paradise, I imagine a place like a social network, where everyone chooses with whom to be friends with and with whom to communicate and whom to ignore.
One thing is certain: there will be no sin in the afterlife.

You cannot mix the righteous with villains, that would just be the same as the earth plane, and there would be no peace. Evil people would continue to do evil even in paradise. The whole point of incarnating into this world is it is a meeting ground between the evolved and the spiritually unevolved, and it is through our interactions that we grow.You might try studying spiritualism among the other religions, because it teaches what may well be the real truth.
There are many different planes of existence in the spirit world. Not just heaven and hell. The lowest planes are dark and the inhabitants are the worst of people. But they are not dammed for eternity, they can repent their actions and rise to higher planes, and choose to reincarnate to resolve bad karma. The higher planes would well seem like heaven to those that go there. We go to a plane that our spiritual evolution suits us for and remain there until we feel we may need another incarnation to grow spiritually. Eventually we reach a state of grace and are free of past karma, then we stay in the highest planes permanently, and need no further incarnations.

Forum List

Back